SEGA announces Jet Set Radio, Golden Axe, Crazy Taxi, Streets of Rage Revolution, and Shinobi

Abby_TheLastofUs

Most excited for  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Most excited for

I just got the 100% in the PS3 version of Golden Axe a few weeks ago...the one they showed here looks crazy. Definitely most excited for that and probably Crazy Taxi, which I have the GameCube version of I play every so often. But I'd probably play all of these...bring it on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Riiszk said:

The word 'shovelware' gets thrown around way to much and these are anything but shovelware.

It's also a mild insult to anyone nearing 30 or older as these were a part of many childhoods. Shovelware gives next to 0 substance to anything.

Shovelware is a representation of games that are completely forgettable and low quality, and I feel I used it pretty accurately here. I grew up with these games too my man, that doesn't mean you should blindly love things simply because of the branding. Sega has proven time and time again over the past decade that they are lacking on talented developers or decent game engines.

Golden Axe looks like a generic indie game with a GA theme that doesn't play anything like the games you grew up with. Nobody pretends that Beast Rider was a good Golden Axe game, and yet I bet people went crazy for that trailer too. This is 100% (IMO) overlooking something pretty generic simply because you love the brand.

Shinobi - Great art design, but that has no bearing on gameplay or fun factor. The level design from what we can see looks very generic

Crazy Taxi - I'll admit I don't care for these games despite growing up with them, and that it might be good for the fanbase, but that fanbase has to be so damn small

Streets of Rage - This looks even more generic and boring than Golden Axe. Another crappy small dev game with a SoR skin thrown on

All the power to whoever enjoys this stuff when it comes out, all I'm doing is defending my opinion that was questioned

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, skotafactor said:

Im soooo hyped. I just finished JSRHD and have been playing through the full campaign of Future for the first time. Also my physical copy of Bomb Rush Cyberfunk should be shipping very soon. Really excited to have more JSR. Crazy for the folks that have been waiting 20+ years. 

Future was such a revolutionary game for the hardcore gamers back in the day, and everyone has been pissed off that Sega has ignored it ever since. The original was OK, but Future was a whole nother beast. They should legit just remaster Future and slap a $20 price tag on it.

5 minutes ago, ChibsSoA said:

Future was such a revolutionary game for the hardcore gamers back in the day, and everyone has been pissed off that Sega has ignored it ever since. The original was OK, but Future was a whole nother beast. They should legit just remaster Future and slap a $20 price tag on it.

They both have their own thing going for them. I like the art style of JSR (way more colorful levels) as well as the arcadyness of the timed levels. In Future they significantly polished the controls and trick system, improved level design, and gave you a huge sandbox to run around in without worrying about a timer. That being said, I do hope the new game plays closer to Future. 

I’d buy a Future remaster with trophy support in a heartbeat. 

the music just tuurns... me o-on

BETTER WATCH IT, COMIN' AT YA

BETTER WATCH IT, COMIN' AT YA

THE FUNKY RHYTHM COMIN' AT YA

One of the best Sega games of all-time, but JSR without Hideki isn't the same. Please bring him back. After Hi-Fi and Bomb Rush, mother is back!

Edited by Jeanolt
  • Like 1