PS App Spamming Notifications Issue

Is anyone else having an issue with the PS App spamming notifications about items on their wish list being on sale? I was helping someone in Zombies late last night and we were communicating through the messages there, and every message I received, I would receive a notification that "_________ on your wish list is on sale" and then the notification about the message. Now today, I'm at work, not receiving any messages or anything else, and every 20-50 minutes at random I'm getting a notification abut my wish list. This just started yesterday, and I don't believe there was an update to the App. I'm on an iPhone 8 Plus if that means anything

• Like 4

Just now, ConAir said:

Yeah, I had a couple of them today. Probably a delayed message from when they went on sale.

That's what I think too.

I didn't get any notification from the Holiday sale when it went live and on Wednesday, started receiving notifications. Granted, at least I'm not receiving the same ones over and over. 

And hey, I did end up buying something from my wishlist so it's working as intended I guess. Lol.

Yep! Been happening for the last few days for me. This happened to me about a year ago, it would happen every Wednesday that we would get a new sale, at about 3am and they would just come in one after the other every few minutes and would keep waking me up (or prevent me from falling asleep if my Insomnia was acting up). I finally had to silence the notifications. But I just got a new phone and thought maybe that was the issue...it started happening again because the notifications were no longer silenced at default. 

Got several today, but none more than for Ape Escape. Usually if I go into the App and actually read the notification they stop...but not Ape Escape, that just kept coming back. 

Edited by Viper

Since we’re listing what’s on sale, I got a duplicate notification for Battlefield 4 Premium Edition if anyone’s interested. It’s currently 90% off, a great deal for anyone who wants that 100% ^_^

3 hours ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

Is anyone else having an issue with the PS App spamming notifications about items on their wish list being on sale? I was helping someone in Zombies late last night and we were communicating through the messages there, and every message I received, I would receive a notification that "_________ on your wish list is on sale" and then the notification about the message. Now today, I'm at work, not receiving any messages or anything else, and every 20-50 minutes at random I'm getting a notification abut my wish list. This just started yesterday, and I don't believe there was an update to the App. I'm on an iPhone 8 Plus if that means anything

just turn off notification as me, if a discount ever come you will get a notification on ps5 by just follow the game you want

Thank god I’m not the only one. Every 5-50min it sends a notification that before your eyes is on sale. I removed it from my wishlist, I added it back, I put it in the cart, it’s SO annoying 

Lmao guess Sony knows I'm a cheap fuck who's only gonna cave for big sales because I've got notifications enabled, about 20 games on the wishlist, and have received one wishlist notification in the last 5 weeks.

Been having this issue the last few days, both on the console and in the app (on iPad and iPhone.) Every time I would get a trophy or message, it would pop up on all three devices, one after the other, “Hey, Lost Labyrinth is on sale!” If I wasn’t in the process of earning trophies, it would pop up roughly every 15 minutes. I finally turned off store notifications, but curious if there’s another fix or if anyone has heard of what’s causing the issue.