Ps Plus  

181 members have voted

1. 1. Rate January 2024's PS+ Extra/Premium lineup

• Awesome
    • Great
    • Good
    • Bad
    • Awful
  2. 2. Which game are you most interested in?

• Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands – Next-Level Edition
    • Resident Evil 2
    • Hardspace: Shipbreaker
    • LEGO City Undercover
    • Just Cause 3
    • Session: Skate Sim
    • Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun
    • Vampire: The Masquerade – Swansong
    • Surviving the Aftermath
    • Rally Cross
    • Star Wars: Episode 1 The Phantom Menace
    • Street Fighter: 30th Anniversary Collection
    • Legend of Mana
    • Secret of Mana

Good, not great imo.

I already have a few of the extra games from a couple years back so nothing too eye catching. However, definitely interested in both Mana games and SF collection. 

Will probably give Rally Cross a try too because it's a classic and has rewind (which is great for streaming). 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Xillynoc said:

Good luck to everyone playing Just Cause 3 without the DLC...you're gonna need it

I see what you did there hahhahah there is also an exploit which makes the parachute challenges a joke when you have the dlc with the jetpack.

Damn - I should have waited on Secret of Mana! Good game, though - better than people gave it credit for.

All in all, a disappointing month for me, as I own a lot of the games there (well, I own the two I'm most interested in, at least). Maybe I'll finally try RE2:make (hmmm - doesn't look as good as RE:make).

Edited by starcrunch061

54 minutes ago, Xillynoc said:

Good luck to everyone playing Just Cause 3 without the DLC...you're gonna need it

Yeah this is a DLC trap. The season pass basically never goes on sale but complete edition does and it costs only 4€.

• Like 2

I've waited for Wonderlands to be on the service, so I'm glad it's in the lineup. Curious about Hardspace and Surviving the Aftermath. Annoyed with RE2 for personal reasons. I've played it many, many times already and I was still very tempted to replay it on game pass this month. Once I fought off the temptation... Here it is on Plus as well, to tempt me again. 

4 hours ago, Akrioz said:

Shadow Tactics is great. I would recommend to anyone itching for some tactical commando-like stealth. Recently platted it.

Interested only in Shipbreaker. A decent lineup.

I saw the lineup on another site and came here to say the same about Shadow Tactics. I seriously recommend it to anyone who might be even vaguely interested.

And on that note, the next game by the same studio, Desperados 3, is legitimately one of the best games I've ever played. I haven't played their final game (Shadow Gambit) yet, but I absolutely expect it will be a fantastic game as well. For anyone who plays and enjoys Shadow Tactics from PS+ this month, consider looking into Desperados and Shadow Gambit.

Fine month, def a couple of good ones in there, sadly I've already played most of the stuff I'm personally interested in. Hardspace looks cool, PS5 only though so that's a "maybe one day".

2 hours ago, HusKy said:

Yeah this is a DLC trap. The season pass basically never goes on sale but complete edition does and it costs only 4€.

It used to be on sale regularly at $3.74 after the game was on PS+ Essential before there were tiers. It hasn't been on sale for a while though. 

Extra:

-Tiny Tina's Wonderlands - I've read good things about this, although I'm sure it's going to annoy me. Middle of the middle interest list.

-Resident Evil 2 - Alright have a copy.

-Hardspace: Shipbreaker - Saw this on Steam when it was new and passed at the time. Seems like another game that'll be annoying with a controller, but. Low end of the middle interest list.

-LEGO City: Undercover - Have a physical copy and completed it a few years ago. It's a good game, I do recommend.

-Just Cause 3 - Another game I've seen in action a billion times but never tried myself. High end of the low interest list.

-Session: Skate Sim - Never been a huge skating fan. I'll look at it later, shelved for now.

-Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun - Tactics type games are a hard sell on me. Sometimes they just click for whatever reason, sometimes nothing. Will need to look deeper into this one, shelved for now.

-Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong - Everyone I know who loved the original game back in the day has been telling me this one is somewhere between 'complete ass' and 'not terrible, just not interesting'. I fully admit to not knowing much about it other than all the Twitter bitching nearing release. Shelved for now pending research.

-Surviving the Aftermath - Looks boring.

Premium:

-Rally Cross - Not much for racing games, but PS1 goodness. What do.

-Star Wars 1 - Pure PS1 jank, gimmie. Also gimmie a trophy list.

-Street Fighter: 30th Anniversary Collection - I'm terrible at fighting games but I have a weakness for compilations. What do.

-Secret of Mana - So this is an interesting one. Final Fantasy Adventure, as I knew it, is one of those games I know pretty well. I've had this on Vita for years, but I keep having an odd save corruption issue that I can only assume is due to the Vita being a Vita. But with access to the PS4 release, I can knock this one out. I confused this for Adventures of Mana. I already have a copy of Secret, so I've gotten nothing here and still have the same Vita save issues.

-Legend of Mana - Yes.

A month of meh and convenience for me. Which is only funny cause my yearly sub rolled over about an hour before I saw this list cause I forgot to remove auto-pay.

Edited by Jelly Soup
  • Like 1