Expensive PS5 games

vanessaking2

I think I read that the early build of Persona 5 with unused content in it sold for over a $1000 recently. Not too sure about anything that modern being worth much. It's usually only press kits or early builds of modern games that have any form of value. They are overprinted and available digitally.

The only other thing that comes to mind is the Super Mario 3D All Stars collection for the switch, which was artificially made scarce. And even that can still be found for a normal price point.

• Like 1

The press kits will usually always be worth a fair bit as they have items in not available anywhere else.  (Glorified bribes IMO XD)

As for retail releases I'd say the Asian English or Korean English versions of games that have no other physical version available are the ones where the high prices stick.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm a collector going for a full set of European PS5 games (so mostly those with a PEGI age certificate).  The most expensive regular edition game released thus far which I'll need to purchase is In Rays of the Light.  Currently it's going for just over £100 on eBay.  Originally it was around £20-30 from a limited run print company but is now sold out.  Though obviously nowhere near the price many retro games can climb to, it's still annoying seeing that when on sale, I could buy the game digitally for about £3.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, poker_1987 said:

Yeah for a kids toy the games are expensive 

Average age for a US gamer is 35, less than 24% are under 18. (source)

Console gaming hasn't been a kids toy for decades.

And games have, post-Atari at least, always been expensive relative to the time they were released.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, pavelbagirov said:

Most expensive game for PS5 at the moment outside of Limited Run is In rays of the light?

It is limited run in a sense, it's from European (possibly French) limited run print company Red Art Games.  

On 1/23/2024 at 2:04 PM, vanessaking2 said:

I recently watched Pricecharting and saw that FF VII Press Kit is over 1000$. for the PS5 version.

Cool thing, eh? Do you know other expensive games?

If someone has the money to blow on something that over-priced, I have some beachfront property in Nevada you might be interested in ;).

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

Usually games that get de-listed from the store, the physical versions shoot up in price, happened a lot on PS3 and PS4 and will happen for PS5 too, or just generally if a game doesn't do that well and don't sell much, they stop production and they become rare.

A game i have on PS4 is Godzilla, cost me £85 and now going for over £100+ because it's been de-listed and i'm guessing not too many are out there.

Edited by saiyanbloodstyle
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PondNewt said:

It is limited run in a sense, it's from European (possibly French) limited run print company Red Art Games.  

Don't forget it was part of the 999 range XD

19 minutes ago, saiyanbloodstyle said:

Usually games that get de-listed from the store, the physical versions shoot up in price, happened a lot on PS3 and PS4 and will happen for PS5 too, or just generally if a game doesn't do that well and don't sell much, they stop production and they become rare.

A game i have on PS4 is Godzilla, cost me £85 and now going for over £100+ because it's been listed and i'm guessing not too many are out there.

I'd say Tamashii and Poop Slinger are probably the most expensive non press related games (PS4)

Edited by Dark_Overlord

On 1/27/2024 at 11:20 AM, vanessaking2 said:

If you know pricecharting you can see those games.

If you can see pricecharting you don't need to ask the question about other games, since those would already be listed on that site.

Edited by TJ_Solo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2024 at 7:29 PM, DaivRules said:

Average age for a US gamer is 35, less than 24% are under 18. (source)

Console gaming hasn't been a kids toy for decades.

And games have, post-Atari at least, always been expensive relative to the time they were released.

Exactly. I am 41 and prefer PS. Nintendo Switch may be a kids toy. But PS is an adult's gadget.

Edited by syeddanishanwar