Dead space 2 remake apparently not happening anymore

So dead space 2 remake was apparently in development but not anymore as apparently dead space remake didn't sell all that well 

https://www.eurogamer.net/dead-space-2-remake-was-reportedly-in-development-but-not-any-more?callback=in&code=YJNLYJJIMTITMMNHNI0ZNJHLLTK2YTYTZJDMMDBHMMY5YWUZ&state=665b9576a4e54fac9d25646e72be3739

spacer.png

Edited by Thephoenixshow
  • Like 2

The game is great but it was too expensive and nowadays that's a big deal breaker with so many great games coming out every month.

Also, less than an year after it was available in EA Play where u can pay 4€ for an one-month subscription.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ZenaxPure said:

Probably not a whole lot, cause I remember even at launch the number of players for the game seemed really low on sites like this or True Achievements. EA also wasn't out there touting how many copies were sold after the first couple of weeks which publishers will always do if a game is selling well.

Personally I just don't think most people want to pay $70 for a remake of a game that still plays well even today. This isn't a Resident Evil scenario where like RE4 (original) has kinda weird controls that new players won't like so Capcom feels the need to modernize it. Dead Space (the original) is still a very modern feeling game in how it controls and plays. The remake was unnecessary. I absolutely adore the original game myself, but, did not even bother with this remake. I'd rather just plat the actual PS3 game at some point since you can get a copy for like $10 instead, which I did buy a copy of fairly recently (I originally played it on PC back in the day.) And if you have an Xbox you can literally just get the 360 disc for even cheaper (and before the remake came out the 360 digital version would go on sale for $4 all the time) and pop it into your One/Series and play the game.

They probably would have made more profit just doing a simple port of the original game for PS4/5 and selling it for like $20.

A very fair point. I'm not a fan of horror games but I would have been put off by the price anyway. Honestly, I see some remakes (like Brothers Remake) go for $20 or whatever and they sell reasonably well. EA were just greedy I guess. Even $50 would have been pushing it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looks like EA did an EA and set a hugely unrealistic sales target for a game like this. Shame, the remake was one of the best games of last year, but I'll still hold out hope at least for a Dead Space 4 as a proper send off for the series in a few years.

• Like 3

Shame. Would've loved seeing the other two get remade, especially if it meant the third one would've gotten substantially improved upon. A new game would've also been nice, but who knows if that would've turned out well or not given that it's EA we're talking about. 😕

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 1

Motive Studio did such a great job with the Dead Space remake and put so much love into it and knowing that we won't see a Dead Space 2 remake; hell, a comeback for the Dead Space series in repairing the damage that Dead Space 3 did, is so unfortunate.

Edited by x410xDragon

32 minutes ago, Conor said:

Looks like EA did an EA and set a hugely unrealistic sales target for a game like this. Shame, the remake was one of the best games of last year, but I'll still hold out hope at least for a Dead Space 4 as a proper send off for the series in a few years.

Typical EA bullshit.

• Like 1

After RE and TLOU it became fashionable for the generation to have unnecessary remakes, especially in a generation with less variety of games until then.

Dead Space just added a voice to Issac and tied up some loose ends in the original's plot, otherwise it's CTRL+C/CTRL+V from the original which is still very current.

Edited by LucasDragon570

28 minutes ago, LucasDragon570 said:

After RE and TLOU it became fashionable for the generation to have unnecessary branches, especially in a generation with less variety of games until then.

Dead Space just added a voice to Issac and tied up some loose ends in the original's plot, otherwise it's CTRL+C/CTRL+V from the original which is still very current.

Also created several brand new ones in the process. I would say you forgot "CTRL+X" (🤣), but "Delete" is the more accurate command since various features from the 2008 release are nowhere to be experienced (one of which—despite existing in the whole original trilogy—Motive EA themselves explicitly confirmed not being here, and a different feature in which they explicitly lied about having returned).

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 2

That’s a pity.

The remake seemed to be a good one, but it’s hard to imagine it coming out in a tougher year.

Between it being a banger year for the big, full-priced games, and the proximity to Callisto Protocol splitting that “space-horror-dollar”, it would have been tough for any game to stand out sales-wise…

…and particularly one who’s original game is still relatively recent, and still holds up pretty well.

TBH, under those circumstances, it failing to meet a sales target speaks more to EA’s unrealistic expectations than to the game itself.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, PraiseTheFluppi said:

That's very unfortunate, but to be honest, the price was kinda ridiculous - I'm not paying 80€ for a good looking remake. 🤡

It was well worth the price for what they did. People like you are why games are gonna lose quality, because you’re not willing to pay for something like this. Gamers are to fucking cheap these days. 

2 hours ago, EcoShifter said:

Great news. Less ruination of the series. If Dead Space Remake's direction is anything to go by (i.e., retrofitted DS2 gameplay with even more action!...), it only made even more sense than there already was to start with Dead Space 3, like "literally" everyone including the original writer have always wanted. Dead Space 2 is the only installment in the the trilogy that never needed a remake, something also widely agreed upon including by the same aforementioned original writer, because that's how well it's aged and virtually perfect it is. DS2 is one of the finest crafted games of its generation and of all time; some games don't need to be remade (yet) and DS2 is a perfect example of one.

They didn’t ruin anything though, only improved it. 

• Confused 5

1 hour ago, CelestialRequiem said:

Yeah, I was never interested in the remake. I even replayed (and platted) the original game a month before the remake was set to release, and I'm glad that I did.

Good games don't need to be remade. I know the industry wants to largely move away from remasters as remakes can bring in way more profit, but I don't need every game I loved to be remade. Just accessible to prominent platforms in modernity.

When I had thought about why I would purchase a remake, I wondered if my money would be going to funding a remake for the second game (something I am also not interested in), or or a whole new game entirely. I try to support what I can realistically, but I would have much sooner bought a brand new title day one than pay $70 for a game that I've already experienced, just prettier.

Good games can benefit from a remake, and this one did. It wasn’t just graphics that improved. There was much more but you can’t really speak to that.

1 hour ago, Play3GianniGreed said:

The remake was unnecessary, no reason to continue. The original games still holds up. 

Lol no it really doesn’t. The remake makes it playable on modern hardware for one. It doesn’t hold up that well at all really. It’s so clunky. You all deserve lower quality games with how you act.

3 minutes ago, MushuMixLipa said:

Not willing to pay for something like this? That's because you can't guarantee the quality of games anymore because they all end up with massive issues and day one patches. 

Stop sucking up to the industry because you're part of the problem. 

If anything you’re part of the problem, with your expectations that things are gonna stay cheap when that’s just not realistic. Issues with modern games are not as common as jerks on the forum act like they are. You guys are cheap yet complain about the quality of these things. You deserve it. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 8