New Game+ reported on the 1.000 SKU

Eraezr

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

Color swaps are censorship now?

I think your proclivity for recreational outrage has made you misunderstand the details.

In a normal playthrough, whether patched or un-patched, that costume is red. When starting a NG+, that same costume becomes yellow.

Edited by Eraezr

Just now, Eraezr said:

I think your proclivity for recreational outrage has misunderstood the details.

In a normal playthrough, whether patched or un-patched, that costume is red. When starting a NG+, that same costume becomes yellow.

And? So what? 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

Color swaps are censorship now? Adding and deleting content is censorship? What about changing things between concept art and final product!? Censorship!???!!

I feel like the last point was supposed to be a joke, but there's legitimately people who deride Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart as being censored for that very reason. And I believe that one's a design concept that nobody but the devs have ever even seen.

Edited by Milktastrophe
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Play it or don’t, it’s whatever. Just sick of all the talk about it.

Honestly, the altruism people have for how others play video games is baffling to me.

Even after explaining that this isn't inherently about "gooning" or inches of skin exposure, they're still fixated and frothing at the mouth, 'wHy dO yOu gAmErS cArE?'. It's like an inherent addiction to react to everything that doesn't concern their palette.

Edited by Eraezr
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Milktastrophe said:

I feel like the last point was supposed to be a joke, but there's legitimately people who deride Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart as being censored for that very reason.

It was a joke, but I should have expected it to have a real life example. 

And Ratchet and Clank of all games? Like, they're furry little animals, man. What the fuck.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Eraezr said:

Honestly, the altruism people have for how others play video games is baffling to me.

Even after explaining that this isn't inherently about "gooning" or inches of skin exposure, they're still fixated and frothing at the mouth, 'wHy dO yOu gAmErS cArE?'. It's like an inherent addiction to react to everything that doesn't concern their palette.

I could say more, but rather not get warned for it. :P 

• Like 4

Y'know what, fuck it. If these idiots who already spent $70 on a game want to jump through hoops to play a WORSE version of it for the sake of seeing 3 more pixels of bare skin jiggling around, who are we to stop them, fellas? We all know they'll never really know happiness or contentment in life, that in 3 weeks' time they'll have moved on to something else in gaming to froth at the mouth over, most likely related to a woman too - what's the point of trying to change their mind when they barely have a mind to change? I thought nothing could top the sheer stupidity of the Hogwarts Legacy discourse from last year, and yet...

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Eraezr said:

Even after explaining that this isn't inherently about "gooning" or inches of skin exposure

I missed the explanation, what was it again?

If I had to guess it's the slippery slope of censorship, false advertising, etc?

EDIT: Unfortunately if there is some kind of valid argument to be made... I don't think there is... making this particular example (as tame and reasonable as the changes are and as thirsty as it makes these people seem) the hill to die on is just embarrassing and it deserves to get broken down to the two factors in the quote.  And I think the people making that case need to realize that and cut their losses.  There's tact in choosing your battles, not every instance of something brushing against your sentiments is worth selling out your dignity.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Doodlebawp said:

The all-or-nothing internet crowd hilariously ending up with nothing as always.

If you're into fanservice games like this one then it's a massive step in the right direction.  Yes, you got 97% of what you wanted with Stellar Blade instead of 100% and yes, you have a right to be annoyed by the last minute changes. But there's no reason to obsess over taking one step back when you just took 50 steps forward.

It's like someone offered you tap water after being stranded in the desert without supplies for a week, only for you to refuse the offer because you wanted spring water.

(No offense but...)

You're making an argument for settling for less (and against what was advertised). "It's okay because you got 'most' of what you wanted, so shut up. Accept what you 'did' get." Would love to see yall faces if Sony took some weeks away from your PS+ subscription. That'd be okay because you'd still have most of the time you paid for.

This is an utterly incompatible analogy. You're comparing an advertised paid product to a kind gesture you weren't owed to begin with.

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2