LittleBigPlanet 3 confirmed for PS4!

willmill97

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOGMOGMGOMOGM! I'm so excited for this. This isn't being made by Media Molecule, but it's being made by the people that made the Cross Controller and DC Level Kits for LBP2, and personally the DC Level Kit is my favourite DLC in LBP history, so I still have high hopes! And even better news, it's coming out this November 2014! So not every good game is coming out in 2015 after all! :D 

• Like 4

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOGMOGMGOMOGM! I'm so excited for this. This isn't being made by Media Molecule, but it's being made by the people that made the Cross Controller and DC Level Kits for LBP2, and personally the DC Level Kit is my favourite DLC in LBP history, so I still have high hopes! And even better news, it's coming out this November 2014! So not every good game is coming out in 2015 after all! :D

I need Dragonball DLC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

So is it now mandatory to play in coop or can you still finish the levels solo?

Heh. This is the exact question I asked when we were watching the livestream in PSNP chat. Got flamed pretty bad by some dude for my negativity or something.

It did look like the level they were playing was an introductory level - like, the first main level or whatever. It looks pretty much like you'll have to rely on characters interacting with eachother to progress, so that makes it a little more difficult to argue for one player switching between them at will... and I don't see them introducing these mechanics if they're not going to be mandatory at some point. There has to be some sort of middle ground we're not seeing.

i really really wish i can play LBP2, i only played LBP and it was great, and i heard LBP2 is more amazing, so no wonder LBP3 is going to be more more more amazing :lol: , It's just great to be creative.

I'll buy LBP3 when it comes out in my country for sure.  :wave:

i really really wish i can play LBP2, i only played LBP and it was great, and i heard LBP2 is more amazing, so no wonder LBP3 is going to be more more more amazing :lol: , It's just great to be creative.

I'll buy LBP3 when it comes out in my country for sure.  :wave:

you really should play LBP2, and as much as i wished that LBP3 to go fully 3D sandbox open world, but to be honest, i am glad that they stayed to the original route and expand it a bit more by adding new sack persons types.

PS4 Exclusive -_-.

And I got ninja'd

yeah, i really got exited then they said it's a ps4 exclusive and i was like  :(

well in the end we all gonna upgrade to ps4 after all  :|  

So apparently this is coming to the PS3 as well, according to one of the developers. 

User Actions
  Follow
VVdDM4vL_bigger.pngSteven Isbell@StevenIsbell

@rialrees @hyperdude53 @LBPookachoo @antikris77 @bioswoop LBP3 will also be available on PS3. We will have more news on that later. :).

9:50 AM - 10 Jun 2014

Parker

<p>

So apparently this is coming to the PS3 as well, according to one of the developers.

45]

User Actions FollowVVdDM4vL_bigger.pngSteven Isbell@StevenIsbell

@rialrees @hyperdude53 @LBPookachoo @antikris77 @bioswoop LBP3 will also be available on PS3. We will have more news on that later. :).

• RETWEETS84
  • FAVORITES42
  • bcn54b5v_normal.jpegdefault_profile_4_normal.pngz6-7PUdF_normal.jpeg39e03b67131d00cee3c3ad8275dca3f7_normal.795e1f567eabebfeb2f70c28fa1b5de6_normal.WQjVQ8Fm_normal.jpegSaveMyPic_normal.jpg9ldFwsVL_normal.jpegZxL7qGUL_normal.png
9:50 AM - 10 Jun 2014

Parker

Nice!!! Was thinking about getting a ps4 just for this but now it looks like I will hold out for a little longer...

Edited by Pricey403

• 4 months later...

Does anyone know if the PS3 and PS4 versions will be cross play, as in the PS3 and PS4 players can play online together?

Hope they don't dumb down the PS3 version.

Doesn't look like too much of a difference.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2014/10/31/littlebigplanet-3-ps4-ps3-versions-mostly-identical-compatible-playstation-move/

October 31, 201

4 Written by Jason Dunning

littlebigplanet3screenshot5.jpg

Following his detailing of the LittleBigPlanet 3 backwards compatibility, LittleBigPlanet Community Co-ordinator Steven Isbell went on the PlayStation Blogs to answer all things LittleBigPlanet.

In one of the more interesting answers, Isbell detailed the differences between the game on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4:

The [PS3 and PS4] versions are mostly identical except that the PlayStation 4 version will benefit from high resolution graphics and textures, Touchpad functionality, and the awesomeness that is PlayStation Share.

With LBP 3 allowing you to use all the older content from LBP 1 and LBP 2, Isbell confirmed, “The LittleBigPlanet 2: Move Pack and the PlayStation Move are both compatible with LittleBigPlanet 3 on both PS3 and PS4.”

As for Run, Sackboy, Run! on PlayStation Vita, which was supposed to launch in October, Isbell said, “We don’t have a date locked down for PS Vita just yet but we will try to get it to you as soon as possible.”

Isbell also commented on the long overdue LittleBigPlanet HUB by saying, “Right now we’re really focused on LittleBigPlanet 3. We don’t have any updates on LittleBigPlanet HUB at the moment.”

LittleBigPlanet 3 will be released on November 18 in North America and November 26 in Europe for the PS3 and PS4.

• 2 weeks later...