Thoughts on the trophies?

zafira1290

Don't know why people are surprised about the DLC. They've been advertising it for a while now. But as far as the trophy list goes: Challenge Accepted!! Loved Sniper Elite V2, and will love this one as well. Gonna get the DLC for this.

• Like 2

It pains me to see forums like this. A game should be enjoyable and fun throughout, not concentrating on building your virtual trophy collection. Achievements do add fun to the game but they do not create the game.

No one said anything like "not getting this game because of the trophies"

I agree about day one dlc, absolutely ridiculous.

Not a fan of the platinum being the same image as the trophy for completing first mission. Besides, ignoring the duplication issue, the image hardly screams sniper game platinum. Unless the tank is supposed to symbolise all conquering power or something. I'd prefer something like the look of either the True Sniper, Everyman or Highly Decorated trophies as a platinum image but that's just personal preference, I didn't think the V2 platinum image was as strong as some of the other trophies in it's list either but it's just looks. I must admit if I'm 50/50 about whether or not to buy a game then trophy images I like the look of may sway me over the line, but if I know I'll enjoy a game then not liking the trophy pictures won't stop me playing it. 

As for requirements most of them look OK. Lot of co-op and multiplayer ones though. I don't mind a bit of a grind, but if I stop enjoying myself at any point of this then that's it, platinum doesn't look cool enough to warrant a forced grind. If it's as good as V2 though that shouldn't be a problem. Loved that game.

It pains me to see forums like this. A game should be enjoyable and fun throughout, not concentrating on building your virtual trophy collection. Achievements do add fun to the game but they do not create the game.

Well then you are in for a world of hurt, almost every new game that has been released in the past few months has had a discussion that pretty much mirrors this one. Also maybe the trophy chase could be more exciting for some people than the actual game, can you really tell someone that has a specific taste for something otherwise? Im not saying that i fall into this category (this  game looks fun) but I have read a lot of people on this site trying to tell other people where they should be finding their enjoyment.