Have you ever bought a game without having the Console yet?

DarknessKey92

Bought Wave Race 64 to play at a friends house but didn't have a N64 myself for many years.

Bought Super Mario Sunshine, Starfox Adventures and Eternal Darkness because they were really cheap shortly before Nintendo released Wind Waker with the silver GameCube.

Bought Resident Evil 2 a few weeks before I had enough money saved up to buy my own PlayStation but rented a system in the meantime on weekends to play the game.

Bought quite a lot of PS3 games years before I eventually would own the system, just because they were games I wanted to play and they were also super cheap.

And not sure if it counts, but I've bought a couple of PC games back in the late 90s that my PC would never run properly without a Voodoo card but I still had to have them. Somehow just playing them in 400x300 at 10fps was still better than not playing them at all. :)

Edited by soniq

Once. When I was 17 I kinda knew that I was getting a PS2 for Christmas that year, so I took a leap of faith and bought GTA III a few weeks before. Thank goodness there really was a "bundle of hay" sitting there for me under the tree on Christmas morning :P .

My PS+ and free-to-play PS4 games don't really count since I technically never out right paid for those.

Bought Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess and Red Steel months before I bought a Wii(but that was because they were sold out at the time).

bought Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of the Patriots before I bought the Playstation 3. Cant remember if I had Assassins Creed before or after that. few days before I got the system because they were sold out of those as well. bought PS3 in 2010.

Recent preordered Super Smash Bros for Wii U even though I don't own a Wii U yet

I could buy one right now if I wanted, but it would just be collecting dust if I bought it now. Same reason I haven't bought the Xbox One and PS4 yet either. waiting for The Order 1886, No Mans Sky and Scalebound before getting those.

Used to be an xbox guy.

Saw that KH 1.5 HD Remix was released and I grabbed it without thinking. It was my inspiration to sell my 360 and my game collection. After that I purchased a super slim and started to play KH (after waiting for almost a month).

Totally worth it.

Yes, on two different occasions.

I bought Halo and Rallisport Challenge for the Xbox because for some reason the games went on sale about a week before the console launched, so i figured why not as i was getting the console a week later anyway. And i got Perfect Dark Zero for the Xbox 360 a few months before i got the console. The reason here is that MS was going to do a world wide launch, but weeks out from the launch they delayed the Australian launch until the following year. They attempted to make up for this by releasing a Perfect Dark Zero VIP Pack which included a copy of the game, a wireless control pad, a PDZ faceplate, a trailer DVD and access to a 360 VIP website that they pretty much never updated, all at a fair discount.. of course all those items were useless at the time other than the website.

I also bought Jaws and Die Hard on DVD before i had a DVD player.. but it was a few days before the PS2 launch and i had a PS2 pre-ordered.

On the opposite side i bought a PS2 and didnt have any games for it other than the demo disc that came with it. And when i did get a game (SSX) i couldnt afford a memory card for a couple more weeks lol.

Persona 4 Golden

and

Final Fantasy 7

I had to a borrow a ps1, to play ff7, before I bought a ps1 about a month later.

I also had to leave Tekken Tag Tournament on for a many days, cause when I got a ps2, I only had enough for a ps2, and a game, and couldn't afford a memory card.

I would never buy a game without having the console first, that's just dumb. My friend bought Call Of Duty Ghosts for Xbox One on launch day, and he didn't have his Xbox One until 2 weeks later.

It's not dumb, there are valid reasons to wanting to get a game before you get the system for it:

- It's a series you really love and they release a limited edition and you don't want to risk not finding it after release.

- You find a game that you know you'll wanna get eventually for a really low price.

- You really want a game but you know they'll make very few copies and don't wanna risk it getting hard to find and/or be really expensive when you finallly have the system for it.

• 3 months later...

Right now I'm buying all the Hyperdimension Neptunia Games for the Vita without the Vita...lol

I've got:

• Hyperdimension Neptunia PP
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1
  • Hyperdimension Neptune Re;Birth2 SISTERS GENERATION(Fully Pad-off & Only awaiting the Release)
  • Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart(Fully Pad-off & Only awaiting the Release)

These are my only Retail Vita games @ the moment, the rest are Vita games I've got through IGC.