Most Recent Platinum

Muff

Platinum #58

Trophy of Zeus

God of War HD- PS Vita Edition

Enjoyment: 8/10 (10/10 on PS3)

Difficulty: 6/10 (4/10 on PS3)

After platting Ascension last week I thought I'd turn my attention to the Vita edition of the God of War HD remaster. Having been a huge fan of GOW since it first came out and platted it on the PS3 nearly five years ago, I was looking forward to revisiting this old friend once more. Whilst it was still a lot of fun, I have my gripes. Having been so used to playing the game in the past at 60FPS, I found the downgrade jarring. The Vita controls also didn't lend themselves very well to the gameplay, so I found it extremely annoying when switching between the Blades of Chaos and Blade of Artemis. The balancing sections were infuriating as well all thanks to the dodgy controls, falling to my doom no less than 40 times during the Challenge of Hades! The Challenge of the Gods was also far more infuriating than I remember. My skills in God of War aren't exactly bad- I completed my first playthrough on Hard just a few minutes shy of earning the trophy for beating the game in 5 hours- something I managed on the PS3- but had to play through again using the dairy bastard costume and did it just below 3 hours. Between platting Ascension and this, I also replayed Chains of Olympus so as to be playing the games in chronological order before finally getting to GOW III Remastered. I'm a major fan of the series so I very much look forward to revisiting the others- I must now replay Ghost of Sparta before platting GOW II Vita next!

• Like 4

:platinum: #1 Assassin's Creed 2

1S61800c.png

Master Assassin

Unlock all trophies.

When I'm honest, this was quite the best Platinum to score. Plus, it happens to be my very first Platinum ever! Assassin's Creed 2 has wrecked my nerves sometimes but was also much fun. Especially with all the funny scenes (for example: Maria and Ezio Auditore arguing about outlets and girls or Minvera breaking the 4th wall) that are in here, one can also get some laughs! There are some annoying trophies like the Sweeper or No-Hitter or maybe In Memoriam Petruccio but also some very easy ones like Lightning Strike or Red LIght Addict - but all in all I really enjoyed the time with the Forentine Assassin.

And there's a surprise: I've also gut Brotherhood and Revelations to go to Platinum!

That was my first platinum too, in 2010. :)

• Like 1