parker-94

What Are You Listening To?

42,681 posts in this topic

I just found this. Some absolute madlads got the idea to fuse gospel blues with black metal. The result is certainly unique.

Listening to some dark ambient jazz this fine Sunday afternoon. 

So I just discovered this really awesome psychedelic rock band a few days ago called Sleepy Sun. I haven’t fully dived in to a proper listening session yet where I listen to a couple albums front-to-back (I usually save that for a nice long gaming sesh where I’m running around grinding collectibles or something), but I have been bouncing all over YouTube checking out random songs, and I’m quite fucking impressed with these guys!

Here’s a sample of a song called “Maui Tears” they performed live on KEXP. Their live sound is absolutely stunning, it sounds just as good if not better than the studio version:

I mean check out at guitar solo at 6:36 if you’re lazy and just want to jump in for a few seconds and hear what these guys can do. It’s some epic stuff! 😎

I’m almost getting Robert Plant vibes from the lead singer.. anyone else?

Edited by dieselmanchild

On the subject of Dark Ambient Jazz, here's this. It's more ambient than jazz, I'll admit. I'd recommend listening to the whole album in one sitting, as it tells a story through sound and song titles alone, which is quite a feat. I'll post just this one though, for simplicity's sake.

Reo Speedealer - Full album - Playing at 100 decibels