What made you buy a Vita?

NSR_Apathy

I remember a friend once brought her PS Vita when she came to visit... She let me play AC III Liberation and Uncharted Golden Abyss on it, and that kinda made me get a Vita, since I'm a fan of both the Assassin's Creed and Uncharted games :P I just wish there were a few more of the bigger titles available for this little thing, as well as more PS3 games to use remote play with.

Edited by StrawberryStar93

I got mine because of Gravity rush and Uncharted being free for playstation plus. Even though I haven't touched Uncharted, I can always go to it sooner or later. Not only that, but I use it to message people and play playstation all stars on it from time to time . I still try to show it some love even though I am mainly on ps4 now.

Final Fantasy (Agito doesn't count) 

Gundam Vs (still hasn't come)

Yugioh Tagforce (No show)

Pursuit Force Sequel (None)

Dissidia (nope)

Kingdom Hearts (none either)

Gundam Battle...(Only Seed Destiny...)

MGS4 (demo was shown) 

So far the games I wanted don't exist. Also bought Vita at launch, so got burned bad...

I didn't plan on getting a Vita.  But my friend got one and then lost it.  He bought a new one, and then shortly after found his old one.  Offered the old one to me for $75.  Couldn't pass that up plus I wanted to play the Vita DLC on LBP2.  Worked out well.  I really enjoy it and get a bunch of games from PS+ for it.

I was a little skeptical since I wasn't a fan of the PSP... Didn't feel right to me and the controls were wonky. But, I liked the idea of playing/earning trophies on the go. I was also on the edge because I don't buy many new games, and no one else really has a vita around here, but I figure once I get my PS Plus going again I'll get a pretty good backlog. So far (It's been like 3 days) I love it and the feel of it (and the trophies) I got mine full price ($200) but it came with Borderlands 2 (Shame I already played it, but it has the DLCs!) I've been trying out these free games and loaded up Sly Cooper and had a blast... Only got an 8 GB memory card through, so I have to take it slow.

Vita just have the games that I actually want to play instead of games that others tell me that I SHOULD play. And it has a number of VNs that I can play on the go from my fav animes (Oregairu for instance). And finally because I have a PSP and absolutely loved it.

I got one for one reason. Because LBP2 added more trophies that I needed a Vita to obtain. Yup, most expensive trophies ever. I'm a rabid completion its and I go above and beyond to get that 100%. In this case to get it Back. I also took the opportunity to play Vitas Uncharted and Resistance games. I also played PulzAR, Doodle God and of course Welcome Park. But then traded the thing in and got a 3DS instead. It's not because I think it's a bad machine, far from it, but there wasn't, and still isn't, anything else on Vita that even remotely interests me. Literally nothing.

Well I've always loved portable gaming since the days of Tiger handhelds and Gameboy, so it was only natural for me to get the latest and greatest (3DS and Vita). As far as why the Vita specifically: I did enjoy the PSP and liked the idea of getting a new generation of a similar type of experience. Plus, the trophy support and eventual backwards compatibility to digital PSP titles and PSOne classics was a major selling point too.

I really enjoy being a Vita owner and play it a lot more often than my 3DS.

Edited by merciful84

One day I was walking along the street when a voice came out of no where directed me into the local gamestop. Normally this is no big deal as I go to Gamestop all the time but this day felt different. Wondering why the voice had told me to go into the store, I started to look around at the many games they had looking for an interesting title when I felt a tug on my soul that brought me to the back of the store.

there I found a PS Vita that was stuck halfway into a piece of stone. I asked the store clerk why this Vita was stuck in the stone, and they said that it was like that when they opened that morning, and no one has yet been able to take it out of the stone. Feeling compelled, I reached for the Vita and pulled.

Without effort the Vita came away in my hands and the voice said "This is your purpose, designed by the gods".

I walked out of the store with the Vita in my hand and the purpose in my soul to rule the universe.

This... *snob* this... *snob* this is so touching.

I hope your Vita will serve you well :)

I'm not sure... it was around this time last year where I (must have) seen something that made me want to buy one. (Could have been a Tearaway advert) and I just knew that I HAD to have one. I waited until after Christmas (2 days after) went into GAME and bought the Tearaway & LBP bundle. Since then I have played a lot of great games I wouldn't have played if I didn't own a Vita.

I have two 16GB cards. Swapping them now and then doesn't bother me. Oh! I also had a PSP a few years before, but sold it due to not playing it as much. I missed having a handheld.