Am I really crazy for making a new PSN ID?

MagnusDeacon

Since a lot of people keep asking me why I made a new PSN ID I figured I would give the best reasons I have for making a new one.

1. I got an EasyCAP DC60 to use to make trophy guide videos.

2. I have quite a few games on my old PSN (magnus_deacon) that I will never bother to finish the trophies on.

3. With a new PSN ID I have a chance to have a full 100% completion rate on all of my games

4. Most of the games I had 100% on I enjoy enough to play through a second time.

Those are my reasons. What are your thoughts?

Number 1 is a pretty good reason. I wouldn't mind doing some YouTube walkthroughs, but in the end, I'm too lazy. I'm not sure that I'd make another main account and start over for that reason, but you do have other reasons.

What are you gonna do whenever you've finished replatting all the games you've enjoyed enough to play again? It's gonna suck having to screen games on another account to make sure you like them before starting them again on your new 100% main.

100% is a very impressive achievement and I applaud your effort in trying to obtain it. My main reason for not trying to complete more of my games to 100% percent is that I usually only buy dlc for games that I really enjoy. I also feel that a lot of dlc is overpriced and there's just too much of it. Also, I know this isn't the popular opinion, but I tend to not buy dlc when I feel like I'm being herded like sheeple into buying the parts of my game that were cut out. I realize the publishers are in the gaming market to make money, but I also have a choice and I do not care to contribute to that just to get to 100% on my profile.

TL;DR Yeah, I think your crazy, but we already knew that......didn't we? :lol:

In reference to it, I wouldn't call it trying to create a reset switch. It's more like having a game-ectomy and going through rehab to get back on your feet. Now I don't have those crappy games I'll never finish anymore and going through rehab to get my trophy case rebuilt to its former glory.

I should also point out that I only had 20 platinums and maybe 25 total 100%'s before I made my new account.

Having just recently done the same thing I dont think you are crazy. I doubt I'll ever see the 100% as some DLC in my opinion just insn't worth it. But I am happy to get to play my favorite games over again (noticed that your new first trophy was batman AA as well.) But I also get rid of the easy trophy games I played for trophy competitions.

I would never be able to start clean. Having platinum in Top Spin 4 alone will keep me from doing that. That plat was a disaster to get.

It would look nice to see 100% completion though

I also agree with Aexus, getting rid of the underscore was the best thing you ever did.

DAMN YOU FREE REALMS <- will never complete it

Gaming is a leisure time activity, if you want to start over a new account and make trophy guides, then okay, you do that, it's not hurting anyone. I won't say whether I condemn or condone what you're doing, as it doesn't matter what I think or anyone else thinks, it's your leisure time, not theirs.

• Like 1

Gaming is a leisure time activity, if you want to start over a new account and make trophy guides, then okay, you do that, it's not hurting anyone. I won't say whether I condemn or condone what you're doing, as it doesn't matter what I think or anyone else thinks, it's your leisure time, not theirs.

There you go, the definitive answer for you there. Eloquently put too.

There is no way I could restart! I have a 76% trophy rate right now, but that's because I have started like 5 games at once! lol Also, before I realized what trophies were, I started games I never intended on playing, but I wanted to check out (they were my dad's and brother's games) i.e. Fear 2, Indiana Jones 2 etc. Does it suck to forever have 0%s or 1%s? Yes. Does it really matter? NO! I am not a perfectionist, but at the same time I have about 50 (or something like that) 100% and 31 plats and counting. There is no way I could restart as I have thousands of hours in my trophy list (looking at you Homefront and B:BBC2, and my soon to be BF3 plat) and I see no reason to. I'll have my percentage back into the 80%'s soon and that's all I need. Maybe someday I'll make it to the 90%'s but that would be all I tried for. To answer your question directly, Mag: To each his own! Happy trophy hunting :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

While i would love to create a new account since i don't really like the name Shadowrider50 (Can't even remember why picked it) and i don't like 0% trophy lists, it's something i can live with.

I wish Sony could let you change your PSN ID like microsoft does, but maybe online profiles in games limits them. Call me crazy but i'd pay up to $50 to change my psn and keep all my trophies, saves etc. i have an array of PSN ID's that i'd much rather prefer than my current.

I'm not sure why they don't let you delete 0% trophy lists though, if it's a server synchronizing problem then simply delete the 0% list from the ps3 and both the server. Also, if someone hacks your account and deletes 0% lists it wouldn't be problem since these lists are 0% (No trophies earned in them).

Life doesn't have a reset switch. Why do people keep trying to invent one? Creating a new identity just so you can pretend that you're a better gamer than you actually are is a fraud to yourself, and to all the others that you brag to about your accomplishment. Nothing personal, but IMO it's nothing more than a mental cheat.

This has to be to stupidest post I've seen on the interwebz.... ever.

As stated his has very valid reasons why he wanted a new PSN, not to fool himself into thinking hes a better gamer than he is.

I'm sorry but not everyones as big of a douche as you are

This has to be to stupidest post I've seen on the interwebz.... ever.

As stated his has very valid reasons why he wanted a new PSN, not to fool himself into thinking hes a better gamer than he is.

I'm sorry but not everyones as big of a douche as you are

ahhh...i'm crushed...

danbooruup11931107203753438388823-4867.jpg

*yawn*

If you can do it good luck. I can understand wanting 100% completions and wanting to make guides.

I couldn't bring myself to do it. i like my account and want to keep adding to it. 100% on everything don't matter to me because I am not a big fan of most dlc. Getting the plat in a game is ussualy good enough for me.