do think people relay on boosting to much?

CrimsonWarrior90

*snipp*

oh okay.. sorry for missunderstanding, buddyy ^_^

Uhm... Im this type of person that dont want real friends and is feeling fine alone. Yes, Im a Loner and happy about it.

There are not much people that would share my interests anyway. Sure, there is this one girl that shares my interests to 20% or something like that, but... Im not interested in girls, so better dont talk to her much. I mean... it would cause problems anywhy because many people are thinking when you talk to the other gender you want sex. ... meh. My nearest virtual contact who shares some of my interests, and probably more than 20% lives in the neighbour-country.

... Sure, sometimes Im thinking "Back than in childhood... 4 Players localmp Mariokart and SmashBrothers was soo awesome!" (And thats the only PvP I like. Okay Pokemon too.) but today I have no family. My own mother says im pedophile because my interests and she heard it on television ( ... )

My brother is just an idiot. You cant talk with him because he thinks everyone is offending him and he never thought about that people dont want to offenhim and its just that he feels like people are offending him. Also he is religios but loves weapons and thinks the planet doenst care what we are doing... blah

So, there is actually NOBODY I can play with in real. See? In my region people are full of hate anyway. There is one group complaing the whole day It doenst matter what happens, its always the foreigners fault. I dont want to communicate with such people.

Then, the next group, lets call them "gamer", are always complaining about graphics and everything that isnt AAA is not a game. its "crap" or for children. And for what do we need a PS4 when the games have PS2 graphics?

Look at my avatar. Do you think I can talk with this group?

There is NOBODY! So, please accept, I dont want "friends".

On the other side, when someone of my PSN-buddys is asking for help, Im going to help. As long I still own the game. I mean, I dont sell a game when I have 100% trophies, but sometimes I sell some if I need money for food... ^_^ And you can see I have my PS3 now for one and a half years, I guess, if Im really THAT MUCH into trophies I would have more  :platinum: meanwhile, right? :D Sure I want to complete everything, but I take much extratime and I never reach the times from guides. ^_^

Anyway... sure I noticed people are thinking Im mean or I would just sarcastical waste their time (in real I just wanted to chat...), or I would want to argue ...

But in reality... I would wish worldpeace and I dont understand why people are attacking each other.

Sir, everyone is my buddyy! ^_^

...Except the 800 "PC is masterrace you dumb and dirty consolepeasant!"-guys on my Facebook-Ignorelist which are always attacking me because Im playing on a console and they dont understand Playstation has many games in my interest the PC hasnt. ... And that I dont care for graphics...

If have a 7 years old laptop...

Im constructing a new pc but... I dont care about power... look for yourself :D

This is enough imo... This website is for price comparison.

http://geizhals.at/intel-pentium-g3420-bx80646g3420-a993714.html?hloc=at&hloc=de

http://geizhals.at/gigabyte-geforce-gt-730-gk208-gv-n730d5-2gi-a1133109.html?hloc=at

Edited by Neputyunu
  • Like 1

Sure we can disagree.

You prioritize meaningless trophies over a real connection with other people. That's fine. It's your choice. I think it's obvious why you were so quick to get defensive, though. Trophies are far more meaningless than friendship and it sounds like, deep down, you know that's true.

Defensive :giggle:

I was just paraphrasing your arrogant and despotic labeling of what other people like.

It's called sarcasm.

And if I need "friendship" I don't use a glorified chat to look for it. I game for myself. If I want to socialize I go out.

there is nothing wrong with socializing online either. i have my real world friends and then my online friends, most of whom i have met via boosting sessions. they helped me to get some pesky trophies that are hard to do alone i help them in turn. am i a trophy hunter? not really but on occasion i will decide to plat a game. i am proud of my trophy count, but like some of you have said the story comes first. i have plenty of zero percents on my list cause i just hated the game. im not gonna force myself to play something i dont like just for trophies.

Defensive :giggle:

I was just paraphrasing your arrogant and despotic labeling of what other people like.

It's called sarcasm.

And if I need "friendship" I don't use a glorified chat to look for it. I game for myself. If I want to socialize I go out.

So you were being mean for no reason? Arrogant and despotic labeling of what people like? Not even close. I simply stated that what type of gamer I am interested in. How is that arrogant? If you are honestly the type of person who would rather game alone than spend time with friends I honestly have no interest in you.

You are being insanely over dramatic here. Just because I enjoy a certain type of gamer doesn't mean you have the right to call me arrogant and tyrannical. That's just ridiculous. You have a poor attitude.

Boosting becomes necessary for certain games. Mp servers die, players lose interest, etc. I, myself, don't enjoy mp all too much. I prefer a nice singleplayer experience. I did enjoy The Last of Us' mp... and didn't boost any of the mp trophies, even the pain in the ass dlc trophies. Those were a bit of a challenge. But a game like Sniper Ghost Warrior, where the mp is a graveyard... I enjoyed the campaign, I love sniper games... I even attempted to find a few games through mp. Spent a good couple of days just mindlessly searching for games. Didn't find a single game. So I turned to a boosting group, which as it turns out was an even bigger pain in the ass... but I digress. I wanted the platinum for my collection. I enjoyed each game I platted, in varying degrees... I got my moneys worth.

In my case, I resort to boosting when there is no other option. Otherwise, I simply play sp based games... or I'm not interested in pursuing the platinum.   

Sure we can disagree.

You prioritize meaningless trophies over a real connection with other people. That's fine. It's your choice. I think it's obvious why you were so quick to get defensive, though. Trophies are far more meaningless than friendship and it sounds like, deep down, you know that's true. 

I would actually argue that people who boost form more online friendships than people who simply play online. Most people who boost set up gaming sessions, they all communicate with each other before and during the boosting session either with mics, PSNP chat, Skype or something of the sort and a lot of people keep good boosters on their friends list to play and boost with later. I've been gaming online since the original Xbox and PlayStation 2 and while I have met and played with some fantastic people, most of them I have met through forums rather than simply playing the game. 

So while the ultimate goal in boosting is earning trophies, I'd argue that boosters interact with fellow gamers more than the average online gamer who never bothers to buy a mic to communicate with his teammates. 

As always, this is simply my opinion and you're free to disagree. 

Parker

• Like 1

I would actually argue that people who boost form more online friendships than people who simply play online. Most people who boost set up gaming sessions, they all communicate with each other before and during the boosting session either with mics, PSNP chat, Skype or something of the sort and a lot of people keep good boosters on their friends list to play and boost with later. I've been gaming online since the original Xbox and PlayStation 2 and while I have met and played with some fantastic people, most of them I have met through forums rather than simply playing the game. 

So while the ultimate goal in boosting is earning trophies, I'd argue that boosters interact with fellow gamers more than the average online gamer who never bothers to buy a mic to communicate with his teammates. 

As always, this is simply my opinion and you're free to disagree. 

Parker

My experience has been different. Sure I've met some friends through boosting sessions but more often than not they stop playing together after they get all the trophies because of my original comment. They only play for trophies. Unless you happen to be playing the same game at the same time again, it is far less common to befriend people than just by playing online. Again, I have a mic and I'm very social so it's extremely easy for me to meet people while playing online, but that wasn't even the point. The point was refusing to join your friends so you can earn trophies. Being antisocial so you can get some meaningless trophy in a video game (often times for ridiculous misguided bragging rights) is a sign of mental illness.

EDIT: I think you were confused about my point. My original comment said that I don't mind boosting but it's the people that refuse to play a game with their friends after they get 100% just because they can't earn trophies anymore that I'm not interested in. So I think you sort of lost sight of my point in all this. It wasn't that "boosters = antisocial"; it was that "antisocial = lame."

I did not insult any type of gamer. I made it very clear that I simply prefer and am interested in a different type of gamer. I have every right to prefer a style of gaming over another.

Edited by RedEye420

My experience has been different. Sure I've met some friends through boosting sessions but more often than not they stop playing together after they get all the trophies because of my original comment. They only play for trophies. Unless you happen to be playing the same game at the same time again, it is far less common to befriend people than just by playing online. Again, I have a mic and I'm very social so it's extremely easy for me to meet people while playing online, but that wasn't even the point. The point was refusing to join your friends so you can earn trophies. Being antisocial so you can get some meaningless trophy in a video game (often times for ridiculous misguided bragging rights) is a sign of mental illness.

I'd love you to provide some evidence as well as a source for that claim. You're not offering an opinion anymore, you are stating something as fact and unless you have the science to back that claim up, you're lying to us. Credible sources too, please.  

Someone playing a game online who doesn't use a mic is just as antisocial as someone who doesn't want to join their friends online game so they can earn trophies. The person playing online isn't actually interacting with anybody, he is just playing a game where the enemies happen to be other humans instead of controlled by computers, he still isn't interacting with them.

You're also assuming that someone is being antisocial by refusing to join their friends online game and instead choosing to boost. As said before, many boosters use mics, forums and chat services to communicate with each other which is far more social than jumping on CoD without a mic and playing online without speaking or interacting with anyone. 

There is nothing wrong with someone playing only for trophies. There are many people who play first person shooters with noting but their KDR in mind, they don't care about enjoying the gameplay experience, they just want to have the highest KDR possible. KDR is nothing but a meaningless number to many people, but to many others it is the way they enjoy the game they paid for. Neither person is wrong, they just enjoy the same game in different ways. 

Parker

• Like 1

Aslong as you've atleast given it a go by yourself or the multiplayer is dead then I don't see why not.

Everyone is different.

This is pretty much where I would be with it.

Not that I really care how people spend their time/money, but at least try and enjoy the game the way it was intended.  In my experience, there's very little "fun" to be had with people who boost, very cold and calculating.  Just rush rush rush to results.  If you don't want to play online, then don't play online, you know?  Trophies be damned.

Edited by Dreakon13

My only problem is when boosting affects other people's enjoyment of the game.  A good example of this is in Resistance 2. When the servers were closing everyone was trying to get the kills done. There is a very particular way to boost that game but instead people were going on the regular maps and trying to boost there. The problem was you would be thrown into a Large map with 32 people and then within seconds 28 of those people would drop out (because they all thought they could boost in the map alone or something). So now 4 people are playing on a giant map and no one gets any kills.

If they had stuck to the proper boosting method of that game (dlc maps) then those of us playing regularly could have had fun and those boosting could have boosted in peace. OR they could have thought "well I will boost next match" and actually play the match to completion (but that would mean they would actually have some skill to get the platinum).

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 1

I'd love you to provide some evidence as well as a source for that claim. You're not offering an opinion anymore, you are stating something as fact and unless you have the science to back that claim up, you're lying to us. Credible sources too, please.  

Someone playing a game online who doesn't use a mic is just as antisocial as someone who doesn't want to join their friends online game so they can earn trophies. The person playing online isn't actually interacting with anybody, he is just playing a game where the enemies happen to be other humans instead of controlled by computers, he still isn't interacting with them.

You're also assuming that someone is being antisocial by refusing to join their friends online game and instead choosing to boost. As said before, many boosters use mics, forums and chat services to communicate with each other which is far more social than jumping on CoD without a mic and playing online without speaking or interacting with anyone. 

There is nothing wrong with someone playing only for trophies. There are many people who play first person shooters with noting but their KDR in mind, they don't care about enjoying the gameplay experience, they just want to have the highest KDR possible. KDR is nothing but a meaningless number to many people, but to many others it is the way they enjoy the game they paid for. Neither person is wrong, they just enjoy the same game in different ways. 

Parker

You are obviously arguing just to argue. You won't even acknowledge my point or admit that I am allowed to prefer whatever type of gamer I please and you continue to ignore the fact that I have repeated multiple times now I have no problem with boosting.  It's only the people who are so obsessed with their trophies that they won't join their friends unless they can get a trophy. You continue to ignore these points. Don't even know why I continue to respond at this point. You continue to argue that somehow people aren't being antisocial which means your argument is completely invalid to my point. I never said I don't like boosters.  I never said boosters were antisocial. I said, summarized, "I don't like antisocial gamers". You continue to ignore the point of my post. So I'm just not going to respond to you anymore. If you truly respected this debate you would stop ignoring my clear and stated point.

Clearly people are just going to get defensive here because this is a website where trophy obsession is the common theme. 

Why is that all trophy hunters are allowed to enjoy the game as they please but someone like me who disagrees and enjoys games differently doesn't have that right?

In conclusion: I have made it very clear in my original comment and continually since then that I wasn't insulting any gamers. I am perfectly allowed to be interested in whatever type of gamer I choose. Stop taking this as an insult. Not everyone has to be interested in trophy types.

Also google: addiction.

Edited by RedEye420

You guys are clearly going to continue to take my posts out of context. You clearly don't care to actually read my posts so enjoy your conversation. You continue to make this about boosting. Antisocial behavior IS a sign of mental illness. Hate to break that to you. Boosting =/= antisocial behavior and I'm not going to continue repeating that.

If you aren't going to read, it's not my problem. Enjoy your discussion.

You are obviously arguing just to argue. You won't even acknowledge my point or admit that I am allowed to prefer whatever type of gamer I please and you continue to ignore the fact that I have repeated multiple times now I have no problem with boosting.  It's only the people who are so obsessed with their trophies that they won't join their friends unless they can get a trophy. You continue to ignore these points. Don't even know why I continue to respond at this point. You continue to argue that somehow people aren't being antisocial which means your argument is completely invalid to my point. I never said I don't like boosters.  I never said boosters were antisocial. I said, summarized, "I don't like antisocial gamers". You continue to ignore the point of my post. So I'm just not going to respond to you anymore. If you truly respected this debate you would stop ignoring my clear and stated point.

Clearly people are just going to get defensive here because this is a website where trophy obsession is the common theme. 

Why is that all trophy hunters are allowed to enjoy the game as they please but someone like me who disagrees and enjoys games differently doesn't have that right?

In conclusion: I have made it very clear in my original comment and continually since then that I wasn't insulting any gamers. I am perfectly allowed to be interested in whatever type of gamer I choose. Stop taking this as an insult. Not everyone has to be interested in trophy types.

I'm not arguing, I am discussing with you. At no point have I ever been disrespectful, called you names or anything of that nature so I don't understand why you are responding in this manner. It seems like you are upset when you really have no reason to be. 

I have never said that you're not free to enjoy, play or prefer games and gamers as you please. This topic is about boosters so it stands to reason that we'd be speaking about people who boost in this thread. In fact you mentioned people boosting numerous times in your posts here and I was replying to your post before you made the edit that made your point clear, because as you can see I quoted you and that paragraph isn't there. 

It does beg the question why you're making a big deal about antisocial gamers when the thread is asking about boosters. It seems this whole thing could've been avoided if you stayed on topic. 

Parker

I don't think the issue is anyone necessarily taking your posts out of context or not reading, but rather you keep flip-flopping and disregarding the point of the topic at hand.  One second you say that you are generally very social online and boosters only do it for trophies, they defriend you, don't mic up, never speak to you again, etc... (ie. not being very social)... then you say anti-social behavior is a mental illness.  Then you reinforce that point (in a particularly condescending fashion)... while still claiming you aren't talking about boosters whatsoever.

I understand you aren't claiming that boosting means you're mentally ill, but you're definitely suggesting that many boosters are mentally ill... in a general topic about boosting.  Surely you can see how you may be misrepresenting your point (whatever it is)... and the conclusions being drawn aren't entirely illogical.

Edited by Dreakon13

YES, I'm addicted to boosting. You got more of that 'boosting' ? o.o

Now seriously, everyone boosts to get trophies or reach higher levels, very few games penalize that (CoD) so there's not much to discuss here.

giphy.gif

Dude, you need help. Don't you know you're mentally ill?  :lol:

Parker

• Like 2

Or... we were just trying to talk with you normally, buddyyy ^_^

Not everyone has to be interested in trophy types.

Also not everyone has to be interested in friends. Im happy enough with my buddys. But thank you for caring, buddyyy ^_^

And as I said before... Everyone is my buddy! ^_^

You have 11-times more Plantinums than Parker and ~3-times more than me.

Also you had yesterday a completionrate of 100% with 110 games.

I can understand (more or less) and accept your motives, but you should better not "fight" with others about trophy-addiction, buddyyy ^_^

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I never really thought about it.. most of the games I buy (except Nintendo games which never seem to lose value) are atleast a year old because I'm quite conscious of depreciation. As a result most of them are dead online with few exceptions, which I think can be excused. Another thing with older games is, even if the servers aren't dead, most of the people still playing are extremely experienced from playing for a long time.

Most people do rely on making sure the bosstimg session is successful based my experience with boosting. Sometimes things don't worked out of timing that I glad the people that I add don't begged or rushing of when it will start until I plan when it is time to start. But mostly it won't work everytime that I tried because either the time doesn't work, too many attempts of trying to unlock a certain trophy together, or the online server is buggy like Portal 2.