do think people relay on boosting to much?

CrimsonWarrior90

I'm at little disappointed when I see people asking for boost help without even trying - for example on a game's release day or sometimes even before then.

I'm very glad we have it though, as it makes absolutely ridiculous grinds in dead games slightly more bearable. I can't imagine how long it would've taken to complete Grand Theft Auto 4 the way it was intended, even when the servers were heavily populated.

• Like 2

In fighting games sometimes it is definitely annoying when you actually want to play them in games like BlazBlue or Persona for example and some people are in the lobby only boosting and they'll just cancel the match over and over, that's the only annoying part I don't like about it.

I'm sure other people who enjoy fighters have had this struggle?

But hey, if you want to boost go ahead, I'm sure everyone here has/does, I have. :)

• Like 1

You should look at two perspectives.

1) New games

New games => there will be many people playing so the boosting sessions will surely be full.

2) Old games

Most multiplayers are dead so unless you want to spend a day refreshing the lobbies and waiting, you have no other choice but to use them.

I mean... why not? If you buy a game becuase you want to enjoy single player campaign and you are completionist, you will use them, I don't see anything wrong with it.

It's one of reasons why forums like this were created.

Oh, and by the way, look at here.

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/24111-sore-losers

If you just want trophies and don't care about multiplayer, you want to get them out of way as soon as possible and without boosting, you may meet some people like these.

So... what's better? Feeling of "cheating" the trophies or having screwed nerves because of stupid "serious" gamers and have the feeling of "accomplishment" that you did it legally (in exponentially bigger time? =D).

I like my nerves, I will keep using them :)

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 3

Sometimes I think people boost too much, like with the last of us' easy multiplayer for instance (not dlc trophies). But as Parker said, they've spent their money on the game, they can play it in any way they like. I personally only boost when the servers are dead (ACB), the multiplayer trophies are just too difficult to time consuming legit (Red Dead and Uncharted DLCs) or when the trophies are easy, but they are out of the way. (Dying Light).

• Like 1

Of course there's nothing wrong about boosting.

But if you're a very competitive platinum hunter and boast about them, it doesn't seem right if those competitive online trophies (such as winning a certain amount of matches) were earned through boosting. Just saying. :P

• Like 1

I have only boosted my way through 2 games' MP: AC Brotherhood (it was last year, so you can imagine how DEAD it was) and Tomb Raider (after experiencing its dreadful MP the legit way) 

I'm not a fan of MP myself, so even boosting feels tedious to me, but I think it is a good way to get trophies out of the way if you're not 100% interested in MP but enjoy the SP side of a game and still want to aim for the plat. I would try to play a bit through the MP the regular way first though.

it was their own $60 they spent on the game after all. 

60$ isnt that much. In EU AAA game cost 80$.

... anway... I would like to support the devs for their creativity, not that they give me a map, set other players next to me and say "We know you have done this in all the previous games from this franchise... and all the other games from every other franchise from every other publisher too... but, go, try to kill other players." .... BOOOOOORIIIIIING! Without trophies I never would play multiplayer and you know what? I'm way to shy to play completly random *blush*  :giggle:  ... thats the problem for me in WatchDogs. MP is boring like every other mp AND I can just play with randoms... :( ... Have I already mentioned that I HATE PvP?  :hmm:

Oh and, the best way to levelup in AssassinsCreed Multiplayer is to do wolfpack ALONE ... is this a joke or what? xD

Edited by Neputyunu

I don't mind that people boost. Whatever they want to do to get their trophies. I'm more bothered by the fact that people literally refuse to play awesome games after they get all the trophies. If you'd rather play Solitaire alone than RDR with a group of people just because you can only get trophies in Solitaire...then I don't really have much interest in you as a gamer.

I don't mind that people boost. Whatever they want to do to get their trophies. I'm more bothered by the fact that people literally refuse to play awesome games after they get all the trophies. If you'd rather play Solitaire alone than RDR with a group of people just because you can only get trophies in Solitaire...then I don't really have much interest in you as a gamer.

Not everyone likes to mindlessly play the same multiplayer shit over and over and over and over and over and over again. No matter how awesome people think it is.

Some of us feel satisfied enough to get all the trophies or the 100% and are able to move on and play another game.

• Like 1

Not everyone likes to mindlessly play the same multiplayer shit over and over and over and over and over and over again. No matter how awesome people think it is.

Some of us feel satisfied enough to get all the trophies or the 100% and are able to move on and play another game.

Trophies mean nothing. If the only reason you game is to get meaningless trophies, then I repeat I have no interest in you as a gamer. I play games because I enjoy them and I certainly enjoy the company of others so if it comes to down to playing Solitaire alone or TLoU, RDR, GTA, or some other fantastic title with friends, I'll choose the friends every time. 

Trophies mean nothing. If the only reason you game is to get meaningless trophies, then I repeat I have no interest in you as a gamer. I play games because I enjoy them and I certainly enjoy the company of others so if it comes to down to playing Solitaire alone or TLoU, RDR, GTA, or some other fantastic title with friends, I'll choose the friends every time.

Let's agree to disagree.

You as player are of no interest to me because multiplayer is pointless and meaningless. I play because I enjoy my games and my trophies and prioritize my fun over having to waste time waiting for other people to be available and relying on their skills.

Let's agree to disagree.

You as player are of no interest to me because multiplayer is pointless and meaningless. I play because I enjoy my games and my trophies and prioritize my fun over having to waste time waiting for other people to be available and relying on their skills.

Sure we can disagree.

You prioritize meaningless trophies over a real connection with other people. That's fine. It's your choice. I think it's obvious why you were so quick to get defensive, though. Trophies are far more meaningless than friendship and it sounds like, deep down, you know that's true. 

Edited by RedEye420

if you ask me trying to get mp trophys are hard when they want you to do so many things like bff bc you must kill 10000 people in mp that there is just dum playing the game normally won't get you to half of what it wants from you, and trophys I like to get for they are fun and it let's me meet new people and I would only ever get the trophys to games I really like most of the games I have I like some not really but still 

Edited by KANERKB

It depends on the trophy and if the mode/game is fun. I did pretty much all RE5 Versus trophies legit but i boosted the Survivors wins because i just didn't like the mode, funny enough, i only needed one more win for the trophy when i boosted that.

I don't mind when people boost trophies though, even if they don't give the MP a try. It's their profile and their way of gaming, who am i to judge?  ;)

Im also playing because I enjoy the games.

But, yeah, as I and you said: We enjoy the GAME.

Game means for me, Story, Campaign, Plot ... Multiplayer has nothing, its just a grind and a slaughterfest... and it is in every game the same. I kill other players. But WHY? I refuse to accept Multiplayer (except Campaign-CoOp) as "Game". Every person enjoys something other. When you dont see me as an gamer, just because I dont want to kill you without a reason... then Im sorry, but its not my problem. :)

And GTA mp is boring too ... Missions are like "steal the car" "steal the weed" "steal players2 mom" ... where is the story? I mean. WHY I should steal this car? And why should it be funny to do the same stuff over and over again? Think about it, playing GTA5 Story CoOp ... guess THIS would be awesome. But the GTA:Online as we know it is just boring for me, Im sorry. Without trophies I never would login since I reached rank5, but yeah, I want this damn  :platinum: , so Im rank117.

And whats your probleme with solitaire? Its a good game for the meantime and it was one of my favourites in my childhood, next to Supaplex and Warcraft1 ^_^ I mean, Win95 was new for me then, because before we used DOS .. So, yeah, Solitaire was nice for me.

Also you should bear in mind, that not everyone has or wants friends. Or not everyone enjoys Multiplayer at all. League of Legends eg... So you are running on the same map, EVERY TIME, trying to destroy this one building (Nexus), so you can start a new game, on the same map, with a respawned Nexus? great... its okay when you are enjoying it, but for me its boring and I want a goddamn STORY! :D I really hate it that every western game has an multiplayerpart .. For what?

Edit: You have a completionrate of 100% .. are you trolling us?

Edited by Neputyunu

It does not matter what people do and I don't think relying on it is an issue, but I think we can all agree (maybe) that earning the trophy WITHOUT boosting is much more satisfying.

I personally don't rely on it that much because it takes out the self-satisfaction. It's OK for dead servers and co-op games (I mean, you can't get it yourself), but if it's active, why even bother using boosting sessions.

To not boost or to boost too much,everyone has their personal opinions on it's use.Some think it's cheating while others think it to be a great tool to help in getting through a hard stage in a game with a little help from someone else that is also needing to accomplish certain online chores.

Not all gamers are Aces & sometimes multiplayer is a disaster for some like trying to survive the 10 star general who camps out at respond areas with the mega blaster weapon to send you back to neverland.Or if you are a 100% completionist and want to get everything in those extra Dlc's for some games that hardly anyone else owns.Gamers jumping in & out where nothing gets accomplished. 

To me if it gets to hard/aggravating boosting with friends is very helpful.Those parts of a game still has to be played & it's not like hard core cheating using someone else's game save or hacks to gain trophies.

The main thing is to have fun,play with new & old  friends & enjoy it the way you want,to each their own happiness.  :hmm:

• Like 1

I'm at little disappointed when I see people asking for boost help without even trying - for example on a game's release day or sometimes even before then.

I'm very glad we have it though, as it makes absolutely ridiculous grinds in dead games slightly more bearable. I can't imagine how long it would've taken to complete Grand Theft Auto 4 the way it was intended, even when the servers were heavily populated.

yea we know the benefits of boosting don't we lol

• Like 1

When you dont see me as an gamer, just because I dont want to kill you without a reason... then Im sorry, but its not my problem.  :)

You seem to be confused what I mean here. I certainly NEVER said anyone wasn't a gamer for not playing MP. In fact, I said the exact opposite right here: https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/23423-real-gamers-vs-fake-gamers/page-3#entry506153. Even by saying, "not interested in you as a gamer" I am directly calling you a gamer. You don't seem to understand the point of what I'm saying.

I love a good story in games. I love playing different games. However, I enjoy friendship much more than trophies. So if a friend of mine asks me to join him/her in a game (I used RDR as an example because it's something I already have all the trophies) then I am going to join him/her above playing Solitaire alone. I used Solitaire specifically it is a meaningless, pointless, repetitive game. Solitaire definitely doesn't have a story so I'm not sure if you aren't just arguing to argue. The point I am making here is that if you want to play some game that you personally find boring (I personally find Solitaire boring) over joining friends on a game that you personally find fantastic (I personally find RDR, GTA, TLoU, and many others like RF:G fantastic) then I'm just not interested in you as a gamer. I don't mean that in an insulting way. I'm just interested in a different type of player. Do I really have to be interested in some stranger who doesn't want to do anything but get trophies? Why would I want to have a friends list full of people who only play for trophies and refuse to even join a group session of a game they enjoy to hangout? I would DEFINITELY prefer to sit on a couch somewhere with a buddy and play through a story and I do that VERY often. Several of the games on my list were played on a friend's couch. I love that. But I'm definitely not going to play a game I find boring alone and refuse to join some friends in a game I enjoy just because I can get trophies in "boring" game and not in the "fun" game. Believe me I find MP repetitive and deathmatch pointless also. I much prefer co-op but that's not the point here. The point is I don't play those games for the MP; I play to enjoy the company of my friends and hangout. I would have never been able to get to level 10 in GTA IV if I had done it only for a trophy. I did it because I honestly enjoyed the company of the friends I played that game with and I even made new friends on that game. 

I think sometimes people get a little carried away with their trophy hunting, which is how it relates to the OP's question. If you need to be earning trophies so badly that you literally would refuse to join your friends so you can play a game you don't even really enjoy then I'm not sure why I would need to be interested in you as a gamer? Again. trophies are meaningless. So I'm not sure why we would be suggesting that I have to be interested in anybody simply because of their trophies? Sure, sometimes my friends are playing a story/campaign and sometimes I'm playing retro games. We don't spend every second of our time together or playing the same MP. As I get older it gets harder and harder to find mutual time with IRL friends also and, of course, not everyone likes the same games. There are tons of different games to play. I certainly never said that if you won't spend every second of your gaming time playing the same game with your friends you aren't a gamer. Personally, I'm interested in people who enjoy games and enjoy hanging out and socializing. That's my preference. I even enjoy playing with new people who aren't friends, yet. I've been playing TMNT the last couple nights with an old friend and a couple new people I just met and I daresay I think I made a couple new friends. I certainly have enjoyed their company and playing the game co-op. There is absolutely nothing wrong with loners. I just am not interested in having a PSN friends list full of them. 

in my opinion, Friendship > Trophies. I'm not insulting anybody. Play how you want. Everyone is certainly welcome to enjoy their games however they please. It doesn't matter if that means playing alone or boosting or playing puzzle games or playing kids games or whatever. I'm just only interested in gamers who agree that Friendship > Trophies. :) You are perfectly welcome to think that trophies > Friendship if you want, but I'm certainly not sure where you can say that I must be required to be interested in you as a gamer if that's the case.

Edited by RedEye420