What's your current Average Rarity?

STFUxDxD

84.95% Trying to keep it above 80 but I tend to try and complete a game if I can, or get close to completion, before moving onto a new game. Usually by the time I get around to buying a new game the price has dropped a decent amount, so I'm getting some savings which is always a plus!

Your rarity is actually around 31%, which is pretty amazing given the number of games you've played.

44.37% Battle Fantasia has brought it down quite a lot

Still, it's like 34% without x3 Sound Shapes ( :angry:)

How DARE those Sound Shapes plats appear without your consent? Edited by starcrunch061

Your rarity is actually around 31%, which is pretty amazing given the number of games you've played.

How DARE those Sound Shapes plats appear without your consent?

I regret adding all 3! I was only in it for the silvers at the time!  :S

Average rarity.

Not your completion rate ;)

Your average rarity is 31.84%. Pretty good btw.

His main Profile page says 31.85% Average Rarity but when i check the Statistics page he have 43.30% In reality. Thats Because the Average Rarity in the Profile page doesn't track Missing Timestamp trophies.

In my Profile page says 32.47% Average Rarity but in the Statitics page i have 40.85%, so yeah, must be Missing Timestamp trophies.

I am not being rude, just saying that.

His main Profile page says 31.85% Average Rarity but when i check the Statistics page he have 43.30% In reality. Thats Because the Average Rarity in the Profile page doesn't track Missing Timestamp trophies.

In my Profile page says 32.47% Average Rarity but in the Statitics page i have 40.85%, so yeah, must be Missing Timestamp trophies.

I am not being rude, just saying that.

You just found an epic way how to decrease Average Rarity :awesome:

• 2 weeks later...

I mean that if the DLC trophies are all difficult, like, say, the Last of Us grounded mode, or the Metro Last Light Ranger mode, or the dishonoured Dunwall trials, then the completion rarity of them falls on this site, rather than rises, since only very few people are show to have them as you need to have completed at least one to show you as owning it.

Therefore, something like Ranger mode is shown with a 100% completion rate (I.e common as fuck) simply because the only people shown to have even attempted it are the ones who have completed it, despite the possibility that thousands of people may have tried to finish it and failed to.

Let's imagine a game with a full platinum list, plus one DLC trophy for completing the game on a nightmare difficulty.

One hundred players play it on nightmare difficulty, as the first and only game on their profile.

Only one manages to complete it, and 99 people switch to a lower difficulty to finish.

The 99 people would have an average rarity of, say, 40%, assuming that is the median rarity of the full platinum list.

The one guy who was better, and managed to complete it on the nightmare difficulty would have all the same trophies, plus one DLC trophy with a 100% common value. His average rarity would be about 47%.

His stats would make it look like he has completed easier games than the 99 who were less good, and did less difficult challenges!

See what I mean?

I cannot agree more with what you've said. As it stands, it simply doesn't make sense because if I do not complete the DLC, my completion rate is penalized. But if I happen to complete the DLC, my average rarity would take a blow. It simply is a lose-lose situation as it stands. If the completion rate accounts for both the base game and the DLC, so should the average rarity. It should go one way or the other, not like how it is. In all fairness though, I think that completion rate should include both the base game and DLC.

I wonder if anyone has raised this issue in the feedback section.

• Like 1

I cannot agree more with what you've said. As it stands, it simply doesn't make sense because if I do not complete the DLC, my completion rate is penalized. But if I happen to complete the DLC, my average rarity would take a blow. It simply is a lose-lose situation as it stands. If the completion rate accounts for both the base game and the DLC, so should the average rarity. It should go one way or the other, not like how it is. In all fairness though, I think that completion rate should include both the base game and DLC.

I wonder if anyone has raised this issue in the feedback section.

Don't.

Its been raised many times - and every time it is raised the mods shut the threads down.

The mods dont want it changed, and there is no recourse to appeal against the mods actions. ( trust me, ive tried, but any complaint about a mods actions is moderated by......the mods)

It makes no sense, but it wont change.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...