Unpopular Video Game Opinions

AVenGer777rocks

ME2 and ME3 should have been sold as corridor shooters because they are no rpg's

Assassin Creed Unity is my second favorite AC after AC2

Far Cry 3 and Far Cry 4 are equally as boring

Xb1 controllers are way more comfortable then the DS4

• Like 1

That none of Valve's games are really that great.

Final Fantasy VIII was better than VII.

I found the Walking Dead (Telltale) games boring.

Final Fantasy XIII is one of my favorite FF games.

TPS > FPS (I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion or not, people just tend to like FPS better most of the time).

I liked Ninja Gaiden 3's Online Mode (everyone I seem to know has either hated it or played very little of it).

That the highest amount of say and pull in gaming is now officially the generation of me, me, me.  I mean I rarely watch youtube, but it shocking to see what's come of video game channels and just how many KIDS are watching, commenting, and making everything about them.   Self pointed comments is all I read anymore.  Do this!  I want you to this!  We want more this, less that.  It's hard not let such an enormous amount of shitheads have some affect on you.  I'm trying to keep it to humor.  Don't mean to group everyone, but I'm guessing I'm succeeding in throwing out some unpopular views.

Ohh and that when I come across lists of top 10 ps3 games I tend to want to ubchuke.  No dead space 1 or 2 anywhere.  The walking dead, Bayanetta, Batman.  Geezus.  Sorry.  Qweek Rant over.

Last of Us is overrated, not original, boring characters, gameplay that hasn't changed from Uncharted...

Borderlands both 1 and 2 sucks, where's all those guns they promised? All I see are 10 different guns copied 100 times...

Everything David Cage touches is horrible...

Edited by Marisa Kirisame

That the highest amount of say and pull in gaming is now officially the generation of me, me, me.  I mean I rarely watch youtube, but it shocking to see what's come of video game channels and just how many KIDS are watching, commenting, and making everything about them.   Self pointed comments is all I read anymore.  Do this!  I want you to this!  We want more this, less that.  It's hard not let such an enormous amount of shitheads have some affect on you.  I'm trying to keep it to humor.  Don't mean to group everyone, but I'm guessing I'm succeeding in throwing out some unpopular views.

Ohh and that when I come across lists of top 10 ps3 games I tend to want to ubchuke.  No dead space 1 or 2 anywhere.  The walking dead, Bayanetta, Batman.  Geezus.  Sorry.  Qweek Rant over.

I'd say Dead Space 2 is probably in my top 10 of last gen games and I think you're talking about entitlement? A lot of people that play vidya, at least the most vocal are very entitled, it's annoying.

1. It's been said already, but The Walking Dead Season 1 is a bad game. I tried the first episode for free and hated it. Even though it's an easy platinum, I'm most likely never going to buy the full game.

2. Uncharted is overrated. I've played 2 and 3, and while they were good games, they weren't nearly as good as fans made them out to be.

I agree with you 100% on everything, I played the first Uncharted oh my god it so boring, I hate that it technically killed Jak and Daxter

Here is my other opinions that will probably get me some hate:

• I love Call of Duty multiplayer, yes they are annoying people but you could just mute everyone.
  • I love GTA III and the series forward but GTA IV and V are awful when it comes to Missions, Characters and also you are hesitant of fucking up because if you load the game it will take a long ass time.

yesihaveanopinionandiadmitit_zps40221512

Edited by TheVader66

Final Fantasy VII is my least favourite RPG of the entire series (genre specified due to my having attempted and hated Dissidia, but I don't count that). It always has been. I like the soundtrack and a couple of the characters, but I find Cloud utterly irritating, the plot overly convoluted to the point of over-egging the pudding, and it nearly turned me off the whole FF series as it was the first I ever played. THAT would have been a major shame. I was lucky to be lent VIII not long afterwards and to actually like that, though it isn't my favourite.

That said, it's still head and shoulders above many other RPGs in my mind just by being part of the FF series ... but compared to the rest of said series, I loathe it!

FPS games nowadays bore me spitless. I'd rather watch paint dry, because at least then I might get a little bit light-headed and enjoy that. =P I enjoyed Time Crisis the first time around, but I don't like playing FPS games and I like them even less when playing them with other people. Needless to say I never told my grammar school computer club gang that, but there were good reasons I spent most of my CC time surfing the net and Napster and coding my first websites of my own instead of playing Doom, Halo or Counterstrike like the guys did!

I find the whole GTA series horribly misogynistic and full of superfluous trash racism, sexism and pointless violence, and if there's ever been a proper plot or reasonable story to any of them I fail to see it. I ended up with one of the PSP GTA games in a bundle I bought in bulk a few weeks ago, and I feel tainted by just having the damned thing in my home. I can't help but make value judgements about the kind of people who play games like GTA, though I do try to keep them to myself most of the time. However, this thread isn't for keeping unpopular opinions to oneself, so there you are: my opinion. And that's as far as I'm going, because I don't want to get kicked for personal attacks or obscene language. ;P

• Like 1

I find enjoyable every Assassin's Creed game I play(except the first one).I know they're going on like COD,but I still enjoy them a lot

Final Fantasy XIII had a good combat system,graphics and a rather good story,what I really hated were its linear enviroments.

Borderlands was really bad,Borderlands 2 was a little better,but both are useless to play solo. 

Fallout 3 wasn't bad,but it doesn't deserve its praise

Final Fantasy VII is my least favourite RPG of the entire series (genre specified due to my having attempted and hated Dissidia, but I don't count that). It always has been. I like the soundtrack and a couple of the characters, but I find Cloud utterly irritating, the plot overly convoluted to the point of over-egging the pudding, and it nearly turned me off the whole FF series as it was the first I ever played. THAT would have been a major shame. I was lucky to be lent VIII not long afterwards and to actually like that, though it isn't my favourite.

That said, it's still head and shoulders above many other RPGs in my mind just by being part of the FF series ... but compared to the rest of said series, I loathe it!

FPS games nowadays bore me spitless. I'd rather watch paint dry, because at least then I might get a little bit light-headed and enjoy that. =P I enjoyed Time Crisis the first time around, but I don't like playing FPS games and I like them even less when playing them with other people. Needless to say I never told my grammar school computer club gang that, but there were good reasons I spent most of my CC time surfing the net and Napster and coding my first websites of my own instead of playing Doom, Halo or Counterstrike like the guys did!

I find the whole GTA series horribly misogynistic and full of superfluous trash racism, sexism and pointless violence, and if there's ever been a proper plot or reasonable story to any of them I fail to see it. I ended up with one of the PSP GTA games in a bundle I bought in bulk a few weeks ago, and I feel tainted by just having the damned thing in my home. I can't help but make value judgements about the kind of people who play games like GTA, though I do try to keep them to myself most of the time. However, this thread isn't for keeping unpopular opinions to oneself, so there you are: my opinion. And that's as far as I'm going, because I don't want to get kicked for personal attacks or obscene language. ;P

I applaud you to go further as to satisfy my curiosity ;)

• Like 1

Jak & Daxter / Ratchet & Clank/ Sly Cooper games are all average at best with terrible camera controls, which is a fucking sin for platformers of any kind

Assassin's Creed Games are generally fairly boring

Infamous is better than Infamous 2

Resident Evil 5 is a great game and one of my favourite RE titles. It's not survival horror, but that doesn't mean it's a bad game.

Mafia II is the best sandbox game

GTA IV is fairly average

Dante's Inferno is better than God of War

Uncharted 3 is the worst of the Uncharted series

Murdered Souls Suspect is a good game

The Wolf Among Us is overhyped and actually only a slightly above average gaming experience

PSABR is a terrible fighting game

Singularity is a solid shooter that's quite underrated

F.E.A.R. 3 is the best in the series

Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z is awesome

DMC is the best Devil May Cry game as of yet

Bioshock Infinite is good, but not great

Hitman Absolution is top-notch

Batman Arkham Asylum is the best Arkham game

I think that*s it for now,... :hmm:

1. The Persona series is pretty decent altogether, it's basic and could never compare to the Xeno series or the Lost Odyssey game.

Atlus sucks and people know it.

Playstation One was far better than the N64.

Project Gotham Racing was far better than Forza.

I'd say Dead Space 2 is probably in my top 10 of last gen games and I think you're talking about entitlement? A lot of people that play vidya, at least the most vocal are very entitled, it's annoying.

To be completely honest yeah entitlement absolutely.  It gets no less shocking each time (I've been without a mic for years, but recently just got one for minecraft with friends) I've simply spend 15 minutes getting to know someone of "that" age numerous times now.  I'm not saying I wasn't annoying, probably still am now to many, but these encounters were brutal.  The mindset.  The me first stuff.  I'm even talking about 16-22, whatever...  I wasn't perfect either, but I was a thoughtful kid, but at the same time pretty wild.  It's the way your raised, the way you develop in the early teens.   But also a few other things I think, if I can communicate them.    A lot of times my words don't type out how I'm originally thinking them.  You could say texting isn't my forte.   :(     

And I guess yes to what you said, and Im not saying other generations were completely different or great people or that this "generation"  (i'm getting a tad lost) is compiled of completely self oriented, me first mindset.  But it's to a new degree.  The coverage.  They have so many more outlets to grow up through.  Kids are developing through tech. for the good and BAD.  iinnn a waay I'm trying to say is that it sucks now what's popular in A.  the video game industry but also a side point would be for example movies anymore.   Avengers 7, X-,Men 5 , IronMan 16, Hunger games 43, insert animated tween movie volume 12 and what I was attempting very poorly at now is to tie that into simply what is popular in life.  What money is being invested in within these industries, and just what type of content that is producing is directly correlated to the what the younger people are into, and what they will then pass on.....  Along with the previous, Movies,  I've been getting this scent all over in the video game industry.  So many unworthy games get sequels, and I'll just leave it at that.  I might have been unfair to suggest batman above.

Games are changing along with the times and more notabley the kids that will be buying them.   I mean just look at how greedy games have gotten, (insert many many other practices and you'll see a scary trend.)  Even commercials are getting worse.  And I'm just going to say it, The gaming industry is evolving through greed.  and this is because we as people have lost the love for other people.  We are all so self oriented.  Me me me.  We're greedy and hence gaming has follow suit..   

To be completely honest yeah entitlement absolutely.  It gets no less shocking each time (I've been without a mic for years, but recently just got one for minecraft with friends) I've simply spend 15 minutes getting to know someone of "that" age numerous times now.  I'm not saying I wasn't annoying, probably still am now to many, but these encounters were brutal.  The mindset.  The me first stuff.  I'm even talking about 16-22, whatever...  I wasn't perfect either, but I was a thoughtful kid, but at the same time pretty wild.  It's the way your raised, the way you develop in the early teens.   But also a few other things I think, if I can communicate them.    A lot of times my words don't type out how I'm originally thinking them.  You could say texting isn't my forte.   :(     

And I guess yes to what you said, and Im not saying other generations were completely different or great people or that this "generation"  (i'm getting a tad lost) is compiled of completely self oriented, me first mindset.  But it's to a new degree.  The coverage.  They have so many more outlets to grow up through.  Kids are developing through tech. for the good and BAD.  iinnn a waay I'm trying to say is that it sucks now what's popular in A.  the video game industry but also a side point would be for example movies anymore.   Avengers 7, X-,Men 5 , IronMan 16, Hunger games 43, insert animated tween movie volume 12 and what I was attempting very poorly at now is to tie that into simply what is popular in life.  What money is being invested in within these industries, and just what type of content that is producing is directly correlated to the what the younger people are into, and what they will then pass on.....  Along with the previous, Movies,  I've been getting this scent all over in the video game industry.  So many unworthy games get sequels, and I'll just leave it at that.  I might have been unfair to suggest batman above.

Games are changing along with the times and more notabley the kids that will be buying them.   I mean just look at how greedy games have gotten, (insert many many other practices and you'll see a scary trend.)  Even commercials are getting worse.  And I'm just going to say it, The gaming industry is evolving through greed.  and this is because we as people have lost the love for other people.  We are all so self oriented.  Me me me.  We're greedy and hence gaming has follow suit..   

That was deep.

That was deep.

Guess I could have saved myself and anyone a few minutes and said, among other things the majority of peoples tastes in video games suck and the effects that has sucks.   That way we can get this back on track... because I think that resonates in the area of unpopular.  Interesting thread by the way.

Edited by SilkyJay86

1. I hate Street Fighter's fighting game mechanics.

2. Arkham Origins > Arkham Asylum.

3. Although I love Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor, it tends to get way too easy after playing it for a while.

4. The Last of Us never made me emotional, and while it's a great game, I think it's overrated.

5. Chris Redfield > Leon Kennedy in the Resident Evil series.

Infamous is better than Infamous 2

Resident Evil 5 is a great game and one of my favourite RE titles. It's not survival horror, but that doesn't mean it's a bad game.

GTA IV is fairly average

Dante's Inferno is better than God of War

Uncharted 3 is the worst of the Uncharted series

Murdered Souls Suspect is a good game

PSABR is a terrible fighting game

Singularity is a solid shooter that's quite underrated

F.E.A.R. 3 is the best in the series

Hitman Absolution is top-notch

Batman Arkham Asylum is the best Arkham game

I think that*s it for now,... :hmm:

I wholeheartedly agree with you on all of these ones!!

Ill add a few of my own:

There are no good Metal Gear Games

Lone Survivor is the best game on PS3, and on Vita.

I Am Alive was pretty good.

Darksiders 2 is better than any God of War, or 3D Zelda game

Lumines is better than Tetris

Bully and The Warriors are Rockstars best games.

The Sountrack to Crhronotrigger is better than the entire discography of The Beatles and The Rolling Stones combined.

Shatter is one of the most underrated games on PS3

9/10 monthly offerings on PS+ contain great games.

Braid and Limbo are better than virtually any side scrolling platformers from the SNES and Genesis/Megadrive era, with only Mario as a consistent exception.

Assassins Creed Revelations had the best story of the three Ezio games.

The best game ever to contain Lara Croft is Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light.

The create and share mode in Hitman Absolution is the cleverest and best multiplayer add on ever concieved, and they should have put more trophies in it!

Assassins Creed has some of the best multiplayer of the last generation.