Why do people avoid harder platinums?

TakeaShower__

Because they care about their percentage/completion. Either they don't have enought time to play the game, or they just won't. 

I've never felt this way, but I can see why some people don't want to spend 100+ hours learning the mechanics or improving their skills for one plat.

There are actually a few reasons why they don't start them.

- If they don't like the game, they won't spend the required effort for them. - Unless you're one of the gamer-type who just wants the gains.

- No 100% security that they can complete them, which affectss mostly only 100% gamers

- When it comes to grinds, mostly Online-Trophies, most of the people don't want to buy multiple consoles or don't want to boost it with randoms

- Many people just thinks like... in the time where i'm going to attempt for example Chariot, i could get many more Plats

- Most indie games like Hard Corps, Giana Sisters, Blood of the Werewolf and more aren't worth enough for them, especially they don't have a Platinum Trophy

- They would shame themself if they can't get it done? Thanks to Community.

- There are a few less games where aren't enough guides, strats and more insider things, which aren't puplished to the puplic, which would give people more motivation to attempt them.

I could post a few more reasons, but these ones are in my opinion the main reasons. And tbh, everyone should play what they like, if i ever hit a game which is hard, or i see that i don't like it like on my list Guilty Gears Xrd -Sign-, i don't even know if i ever will go back to it.

After all, everyone define "hard games" in an other way.

If you want to get all the trophies in the game, it can be very off putting to know the platinum might be so hard you'll never get it. You could potentially get it with a lot of practice, but if the game doesn't appeal enough to you, it just seems like a waste of time. For me it feels like I start on a game that I know I won't finish.

Edited by MMDE

There aren't many games good enough to be worthy of that extra effort. If the plat is easy, one might be able to put a few more hours into 100%-ing the game, but if it's additional 100h and lots of hardcore playing... well there are literally 5 or 6 games I can mention that are good enough to deserve that level of attention.

I have an OCD problem with my completion rate. I hate it when it drops. I dunno why, at first I didn't care for it and just played whatever I could, but now ... I hate it. If I was a "hard games" guy, I would probably play them regardless of dificulty, but I hate hard games, my nerves just cant handle it if I die 5 times in a row.

Im just curious really.

Personally i play whatever regardless of a games trophy set like Wipeout. However i find it starnge how people don't like to play games that have trophy sets that are hard to complete regardless of how awesome the game could be.

Old post, I know, but a lot of people don't want video games to stress them out. I like a mix myself, but I have no problem avoiding a game outside of my favorite genres if it has annoyingly hard (or long) trophies.

I play what I like.

Video games are for relaxation for me, they're not a job. If I don't find them relaxing, I won't play them.

Whether I can finish ot not doesn't usually matter. (It matters more if the game is mostly online than if it's mostly offline, though. Just the way my brain works. I don't mind working to get better offline, but I don't enjoy the online pvp sorts of learning curves, and tend to get fed up by the people before I hit my stride with the game mechanics).

I will also put games aside to finish later, too. Sometimes I go back, sometimes I don't, whatever I feel I want to do is all. :)

I like to play games with rare plats (games that are hard to plat, not time consuming) because I like the idea of keeping my average rarity down as much as possible

If I would have a chance to play a game with rare platinum and I also like the genre/playstyle of the game, then I will dive into it (as you can see with my injustice, had no idea plat will be THAT hard)

However, if there is a game with a rare platinum but the gameplay is not something that I'd enjoy (Velocity 2X) then I will rather play an easy game which I know that I'll enjoy even if it has an easy platinum