Why do people avoid harder platinums?

TakeaShower__

Lots of the harder games just don't appeal to me either because it's a genre I don't care for or it's like 300 hours long. I can't stand racing or fighting games or games where the story is too long and gets boring before it's even finished. Only games that I avoid because of platinum difficulty are NHL games and I use my alt account which was specifically made for those.

Edited by BhekifaZ
  • Like 2

No idea, I'm guessing some people don't want to risk lowering their completion percentages. Personally, I play games that I think I'll enjoy regardless if the plat is difficult, easy, or even unobtainable. In fact I have a couple of games in my backlog that are unobtainable due to servers being shutdown. I wish I could still get the plat in those but I'll still play them.

• Like 2

Speaking personally, I avoid games with hard trophies if the game is not for me... For example Wipeout is a racer that requires enormous amounts of concentrantion and jedi reflexes IMO, so wether or not it had the hard trophies it has, I would most likely not play it. But say, Rogue Legacy, my kind of game, has hard trophies, but it didn't matter for me, still platted it, because I liked the challenge it offered

• Like 1

Only one game I've avoided which is uncharted 3 because of the dlc trophies, otherwise I don't really care. I like the challenge of a hard platinum now and then'

Well that's a different subject though because the plat is still easy, and the rest isn't hard, just a huge grind

I don't mind hard games like wipeout or rogue legacy, I liked the challenge that wipeout offered and I loved rogue legacy for what it was.

Not playing good games because they are hard is stupid, don't want to ruin your completion? do it on an alt account, just don't skip good games for bad reasons.

Mainly games with actually pain in the ass online trophies as they forces you to play multiplayer rather than enjoying it and in addition multiplayer has a limited time to finish. (Worst case EA sports which only give you a year to finish)

• Like 2

You find it funny without knowing whether they actually are easy plats for that person? Just because you found them easy, doesn't mean the completionist who earned it did. Difficulty is purely subjective, for the most part, so just because someone only plays "easy games" doesn't mean they found it easy thus making it cheap. They just may not be interested in harder games (i.e WipEout is a racer, as mentioned earlier, so people who dislike racing games would avoid that).

It's what they play, why is that cheap?

Buying a game just for trophies is rather cheap imo, but if the easy games are genuinely what that person is interested in and want to play, then that is what they should be playing imo.

When people abandon their old accounts, to maintain 100% completion on a new account, doing so by obtaining nothing but easy trophies. That is the cheapness of which I speak.

• Like 2

They just don't want to spend x*100 hours just for one Platinum when they can get 10 other Plats in the meantime?

This is what I don't care for. Too many people are hung up on numbers and would rather play 10 sorry ass games that have easy trophies than to play one really great game with a hard trophy list. There's nothing wrong with playing fifty piss easy games if that's what you're into. On the other hand, bragging about it doesn't even make sense to me.

The feeling of accomplishment I get when I plat a game is why I hunt trophies and, for me at least, the harder the plat the greater the feeling of accomplishment. I feel that if you're in it for the numbers only then you're doing it wrong. This is just my view and, imo, the reason I see people time and again say they're burnt out or that they're quitting.

• Like 2

Well, i have a few games that are on my backlog list, that have a hard list of trophies+plat, but i still enjoyed the game. I manly get games because i either enjoy them, have had them on the old Ps2 like some of the remastered games such as Sly, Medal of Honor Frontline, Ratchet & Clank, or i buy some movie/anime based games because i enjoyed the movie/anime it came from, even if it has a easy plat. Buying games just for virtual trophies is really cheap to me, even more so if it's a game your just going to hate on after playing it. Though, it's just my two cents on the subject, so, eh. *Shrugs* Plus, some people don't have alot of time to platinum games, like me for example, and just like a fun game that they can enjoy and still play regardless of virtual trophies.

Edited by KyuubiWarGreymon

For me, it depends. If I want to play the game, then I play the game, regardless of how hard the trophy list might be. But if I'm on the fence about a game, and it has a hard trophy list, I'll usually pass on it.

I mean, there are hundreds of games out there I haven't played, so if I'm not sure if I'll like one, and it has a hard trophy list, I'd just rather not risk it, and invest my time and money on a different game.

But I doubt most people that platinum games such as NCIS and Megamind liked those either. 

Megamind is a better game than 90% of the JRPG's you play.

Moreover, I always find it funny when competitionists have nothing but easy platinums and trophies, it's very cheap.

Someone who has Uncharted, GoW, Sly, Ratchet, Jak, AC, Hitman, inFAMOUS, etc plats (all easy but very enjoyable games) is a cheap gamer and should be reason to laugh at. Needless to say more...

Because they need to git gud.

• Talk properly, "tlkin lik dis" won't save you any money.

Source: Site/Forum Rules (26th July)