Games you liked that not many people did.

Spudchip

I'm glad someone else already said FFVIII, I don't understand why people hate its plot :-P

Anyway, I really enjoyed "The Bouncer" on PS2 as well as "The Punisher". I played it again now and those mechanics feel like they're old as hell, but back in 2005 it was really good xD

• Like 2

Hmm, not necessarily the entire game because its multiplayer is absolutely loved, however I really like Battlefield 3's single-player and I have yet to meet anyone else that does xD The story isn't that great but DICE are masters at digital art and their experiences of putting you in really awesome moments in their game, and the BF3 single-player did that so many times.

Most recently though, I'd say Assassin's Creed Unity - In my opinion it wasn't half bad! The main character kinda sucked but besides that the game was pretty solid! I liked the game world, I liked moments in the story, I thought the main characters around Arno were also pretty good (Especially Elise, why wasn't she the main character? She was going for something, Arno didn't know what on earth he was fighting for half the time! lol). I also had a lot of fun with co-op with my friends! I also didn't encounter almost any bugs (guess I was lucky), I only had issues here and there with co-op bugs.

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

Games that I've seen more negative comments about than positive (or people flat out not even bothering to try them because of what other people have said):

• Rogue Galaxy

Wait, what? I've only ever met 2 types of people when it comes to Rogue Galaxy, people that have no clue what it is, and people who loved it. I've yet to see anyone say anything negative about it.

Resident Evil 6 - While it is definitely the worst main entry game, I still thought that it was a good game overall. 

Doom 3 - I really enjoyed Doom 3 when I originally played it on the OG Xbox. I still have to get around to BFG edition sometime. >_<

Final Fantasy VIII - My first Final Fantasy game and it is one of my favourites. Coming after VII this game had some big shoes to fill, so I can see why it was a disappointment to many.

Dead Island and Thief.

Edit: And Dead Space 3.

Edit 2: And FFXII

Also GTA 1. I remember it got a 7/10 or something in the Official Playstation magazine, but I thought it deserved better.

Edited by sp483

Resident Evil 5 - Played though the game 4 times solo (once on each difficulty) and never in co-op and enjoyed every second of it.

Jak II - When I first played in on the PS2 I thought it was a huge step up from the first game and when I replayed it on the PS3 I still felt the same way. I also still feel Jak 3 is inferior to II, whereas most people feel it's better.

Assassin's Creed III - Loved this game, especially building up the homestead. The only part I hated was the naval missions, which most people say is the best part of the game. That's part of the reason why I have never played IV: Black Flag.

Prince Of Persia: Warrior Within - A lot of people say this one is the weaker of the PS2 trilogy, but it is actually my favourite of the 3.

Soul Calibur V - It's a Soul Calibur game. What's not to like?

There's probably many more, but those are the ones that spring to mind.

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 1

I liked these ones

Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy

The Order 1886

Legend of Spyro Trilogy(A New Beginning, Eternal Night, and Dawn of the Dragon)I still want an HD collection of this

Spyro Enter the Dragonfly

Lair

I also like games based on movies(not all of them are really that bad)

Dragon Age Inquistion

Watch Dogs

Sonic Boom

Shadow the Hedgehog

Sonic Heroes

Destiny

I do probably have other games in mind, but I don't think they are talked about enough to be hated.

Yet didn't care for these ones

The Last of Us

Final Fantasy VII

Minecraft(although might buy the game anyway)

The Walking Dead(kind of liked Jurassic Park better)

Whoa I cant believe we have a couple games in common, The legend of Spyro trilogy was good the last one was the best Spyro game, even enter the Drangonfly wasnt too bad.

Watchdog I dont get why people hate just because the graphic wasnt like the E3 It doesnt mean It a bad game, people just give too much value on graphic rater on gameplay.

How the hell people didnt like Sonic Heroes ? I love that game despite my copy doesnt play the level song >_< and Finaly but not last Shadow, yeah It was a bit diferent of all Sonic game but that was I liked about

as far as i know, i am the only person alive who likes kane and lynch.

kaneandlynch.jpg

lol I got Kane and Lynch bundled with my PS3, so it was the first game I played for it. The single player was OK, and I played it online a lot. It was an OK game, not as bad as it was made out to be.

Final fantasy XII-2

Conception 2

Assassins creed 3

Aliens: colonial marines (until data wiping bug hit me)

Watch dogs

Deadly premonition

Resident evil 5

Resident evil 6

Alpha protocol

Vanquish (I guess this doesn't count but it still won the "best game no one played" award)

The last remnant

Soul calibur V

The dynasty warriors games

Medal of honor (2010)

Medal of honor: Warfighter

Ace combat: assault horizon (the campaign was SO good and the story was the best with the sad deaths and the epic rival showdowns)

X men: Destiny

Ninety nine nights

Splinter cell: Conviction

Need for speed: the run

Operation flashpoint: red river

Driveclub

Defiance for me. I downloaded it for free and liked it. I then bought the physical version to get some more goodies in it. The gunplay is great, arkfalls are fun (but repetitive) and it gets updated a lot, most of the glitches are now gone (minus the server crashes).

• Like 3