E3 reaction mega thread

I was especially surprised with Recore. Japanese game or XBone? They may sell over 1000 in Japan =D

Exactly, just what I thought :) My friend is pretty sceptic though, his first reaction "teaser looks too good to be true, I doubt the actual game will look like that in the end".

I'll just have to get my cousin to buy an Xbox and see it myself when it comes out  :awesome:

http://www.forbes.co...is-a-bombshell/

For all you Sony apologist/fanboys who have constantly defended the lack of backwards compatibility this generation: I TOLD YOU SO!

Evidently Microsoft sees the flaw of not having it and the value of adding it to its newest console. The sad part about this is, they're doing this even though their library of games only goes back one generation. Sony has nearly 15 years worth of games that they have alienated the PS4 from because they want to make people pay for them all over again with paid streaming subscriptions or remastered editions.

If Microsoft can find away to make it possible, then so can Sony!!! If they can't, it says a lot about the quality of their product and manufacturing. If they WON'T (which I have always believed to be the case), then it says a lot about their business philosophy and value on customer loyalty!

While I believe your comment was almost spot-on with some things, I'd have to disagree on the backward compatibility with Sony:

I'd say it's neither a can't or won't, it's because programming games on Ps3 was a pain in the ass according to developers. They even praised Ps4 for being much easier to make games.

remember that in this case backward compatibility runs with an emulator of the past gen console, and Microsoft holds an advantage with this. Xbox 360 and One are similar in terms of how hardware is composed. They have made their consoles similar to a computer so that's also a plus.

It is difficult for Sony to make backward compatbility because Ps3 is very different from 4, and it would require a lot of work and money to do it. They also might be evaluating the relationship between making it and how much money they gain. They are companies after all.

In short, it's not that they CAN'T do it nor WON'T. It's a mixture of both.

Still, I do believe they will try to implement it later on. Backward compatibility has been a important aspect of this generation, and I'm pretty sure Microsoft will prove it even more when sales on One go skyhigh.

• Like 1

Yep, definitely most impressive part of the conference.

My jaw literally dropped. I knew they were doing this, but seeing it actually live was goddamn impressive.

Even though it's just augmented reality, it's damn "I want that right now" category =D 

Fable is with Win10 iirc, but yea, definitely a hell of a selection.

I was especially surprised with Recore. Japanese game or XBone? They may sell over 1000 in Japan =D

Nope and thank god for that. It's Concept Studio and some other company, I think I MS has gotten over Japan's disinterest of the X1. 

http://www.forbes.co...is-a-bombshell/

For all you Sony apologist/fanboys who have constantly defended the lack of backwards compatibility this generation: I TOLD YOU SO!

Evidently Microsoft sees the flaw of not having it and the value of adding it to its newest console. The sad part about this is, they're doing this even though their library of games only goes back one generation. Sony has nearly 15 years worth of games that they have alienated the PS4 from because they want to make people pay for them all over again with paid streaming subscriptions or remastered editions.

If Microsoft can find away to make it possible, then so can Sony!!! If they can't, it says a lot about the quality of their product and manufacturing. If they WON'T (which I have always believed to be the case), then it says a lot about their business philosophy and value on customer loyalty!

What's really amusing is the original perspective Microsoft had on backward compatibility: Microsoft's Don Mattrick talks Xbox One, calls backwards compatibility backwards

Sony's success with the PS4 forced Microsoft into a corner. Literally *forced* Microsoft to get desperate and go back on something they took a firm stance on. Microsoft *is* still selling a fair number of 360's every day/month and funneled likely millions of dollars into developing software that interprets code designed for Xenon architecture to run in real-time on x86 architecture. The two flaws so far are, since details are sparse, (and one of the reasons I even hate talking about stuff that isn't released to the public) the first list of games looks anemic and it is up to the *developer* to allow their games to use bc mode on the Xbones. 

In short, it's not that they CAN'T do it nor WON'T. It's a mixture of both.

Still, I do believe they will try to implement it later on. Backward compatibility has been a important aspect of this generation, and I'm pretty sure Microsoft will prove it even more when sales on One go skyhigh.

They can but the cell and PS NOW stands in their way. If they drop PS NOW, the patents from Onlive and Gakai would go to waste. I think BC could be possible if the cell's code is similar to PowerPC (Which the 360 got). This is why the Wii U has got BC. PS4 and PS5 will have BC, maybe PS3 and PS4 but it may not happen until 2016.

They can but the cell and PS NOW stands in their way. If they drop PS NOW, the patents from Onlive and Gakai would go to waste. I think BC could be possible if the cell's code is similar to PowerPC (Which the 360 got). This is why the Wii U has got BC. PS4 and PS5 will have BC, maybe PS3 and PS4 but it may not happen until 2016.

Damn, I wanted to give you a positive and I'm out of them xD srry.

Absolutely, if they drop Ps Now would mean a stab for money one way or another (one of these days I need to go and investigate how much though). But the way you make it sound, it must be noticeable.

I didn't know that was Nintendo's case, thanks for pointing that out.

Some developers said it themselves "Making games on ps3 is hard", I guess it was Naught Dog the first one who praised Sony for their change in Ps4.

There's also the factor I've just discussed with my older brother, they are trying to unify things in Microsoft regarding windows 10, so I wouldn't say it just relies on just the cell code, but how they are trying to connect operative systems with their consoles and (again) the hardware distribution between all of it (it also means lower costs).

OH MY GOD, THEY BROUGHT PELÉ O.O

OH MY GOD, EA, YOU OVERDID YOURSELF O.O

Exactly, just what I thought :) My friend is pretty sceptic though, his first reaction "teaser looks too good to be true, I doubt the actual game will look like that in the end".

I'll just have to get my cousin to buy an Xbox and see it myself when it comes out  :awesome:

It's under Keiji, it's gonna be good =)

• Like 1

EA's conference so far has been absolutely horrible. A Minions mobile game got more coverage than Mass Effect 4.

Lol so true, did you see Colin Moriarty's tweet? "Let's talk about mobile." You know what? Let's not. Let's please never talk about mobile again. Thank you for your time. #KindaFunnyE3''

Also, MIRRORS EDGE WOOOOOO

• Like 3

Yeah Mirror's Edge! That kick sending that guy flying out the window... oh man. I gotta have it. 

I hate being out of votes for today, cuz you deserve one. That kick was badass.

• Like 1

I had some japanese games on XBox360... this is also a reason why Im now with Sony... I wanted more xD

ALL you guys who are being "hyped" for backward-compatiblity have missed one information. :)

https://twitter.com/WinObs/status/610500113816023040/photo/1

• Like 2

Started EA with only Mirror's Edge in thought,

Left with Mirror's Edge and Unravel in thought :) (That Swedish dude was nervous as hell)

A pretty meagre result though, next up is Ubi I guess (not expecting much out of that either)

Damn you EA, get your shiiit together... I wanted to see the loli, not the broken stream after loli.

So typically you :P;)

Edited by DarKNesS_X
  • Like 1

Left with Mirror's Edge and Unravel in thought :) (That Swedish dude was nervous as hell)

Unravel best game so far.

The Swedish guy was nervous but that's what sold me. He really felt for his product.

And Yarny was soooo CUTE! I would want one :)

PS4 plz, PS4 plz, PS4 plz...

Or... Vita exclusive. That would be a winner :D

• Like 3