E3 reaction mega thread

You gotta hand it to Microsoft, that was a great conference.

Recore being developed by Keiji Inafune and the Metroid Prime creator definitely got my attention. An unexpected curveball I must say.

The new controller looks like a fine piece of tech to own.

Microsoft truly knew when to throw a nuke with backward compatibility. Too many remasters for Ps4 this year.

The new Tomb Raider looks sick.

Halo 5 looked great.

The Rare collection is also great for remembering so many awesome games.

And the Holo Lens were quite a sight to see (except for minecraft :D).

They redeemed themselves from past experiences imo. Expecting to see more first party announcements on the future.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra
  • Like 1

I have only been staying up to date with bits and pieces of news but I have to say, XBO supporting mods for Fallout 4 is a lethal blow to PS4. 

If you look at the history of most Bethesda games, the PC version has not just been superior in every release, the experience is brought to a whole new level all due to mods which evolved the world and gameplay to a brand new game.

Sony once supported mods on PS3 with Unreal Tournament 3 which was an amazing thing but they never stuck to promoting them.

I hope this pressures Sony into putting emphasis on this kind of freedom again.

• Like 1

I have only been staying up to date with bits and pieces of news but I have to say, XBO supporting mods for Fallout 4 is a lethal blow to PS4. 

If you look at the history of most Bethesda games, the PC version has not just been superior in every release, the experience is brought to a whole new level all due to mods which evolved the world and gameplay to a brand new game.

Sony once supported mods on PS3 with Unreal Tournament 3 which was an amazing thing but they never stuck to promoting them.

I hope this pressures Sony into putting emphasis on this kind of freedom again.

I highly doubt the mods support will include every mod available, they probably use something very similar to steamworks mods which blocks out the you know what mods and some others.

edit- I guess I can also include graphical enhancement mods too for obvious reasons.

Edited by Tomato

Xbox backwards compatibility = Tales of Vesperia machine #2 = now Xbox has ONE game I would want to play on it now.

Mod support = EVERY game will have nothing but dildos and ponies in them = Gaming is ruined.

Only Dark Souls III was cool and that was it really. The Evil Within 2 was the only thing I wanted to see at Bethesha's conference but didn't happen.

• Like 2

I highly doubt the mods support will include every mod available, they probably use something very similar to steamworks mods which blocks out the you know what mods and some others.

edit- I guess I can also include graphical enhancement mods too for obvious reasons.

Unreal Tournament had no such thing, I'm not sure why this would unless they're also providing a storefront where you can download them.

Not all graphical enhancement mods are demanding, they're possible but you probably won't see the huge overhauls you see on PC. There's also the potential for enhanced optimization. I remember I used to use an occlusion culling mod in skyrim that would hide things that were off screen and increase my FPS and lower Vram usage.

Unreal Tournament had no such thing, I'm not sure why this would unless they're also providing a storefront where you can download them.

Not all graphical enhancement mods are demanding, they're possible but you probably won't see the huge overhauls you see on PC. There's also the potential for enhanced optimization. I remember I used to use an occlusion culling mod in skyrim that would hide things that were off screen and increase my FPS and lower Vram usage.

You are comparing an arena shooter to giant open world game, to not have a storefront like steamworks for the mods simply means the amount of 18+ mods would be huge and Microsoft would want nothing to do with that nor having the risk. 

Mod support = EVERY game will have nothing but dildos and ponies in them = Gaming is ruined.

Yeah I hate it when I download a new game and theres dildos and ponies in it. I wish they would somehow do something to make that garbage optional so I have the choice to ignore them or something! lol

You are comparing an arena shooter to giant open world game, to not have a storefront like steamworks for the mods simply means the amount of 18+ mods would be huge and Microsoft would want nothing to do with that nor having the risk. 

There were 18+ mods in Unreal Tournament, I honestly don't think its a big deal. It's your console, who are they to tell you what to do with it?

You don't see these mods unless you install them yourself btw, so if other people were using 18+ mods you would have no idea they had them.

Edited by Hailst0rm_2

I thought Microsoft had a pretty good conference. It wasn't anything spectacular that would make me want to rush out and buy an Xbox One or anything but still a good conference. A few thoughts:

The thing I enjoyed the most was the Rare Replay collection. Getting 30 games including the likes of Banjo Kazooie, Perfect Dark, Battletoads, etc. would be an instant buy for me if I had an Xbox One. I was also glad to see Rare's new IP, Sea of Thieves. Way too early to know how it will turn out, but I'm just excited to see Rare making actual games again.

Their biggest surprise, and probably what will be talked about the most, was the backwards compatibility. Will be interesting to see how it works (the initial list of games didn't look great at 1st glance but obviously will grow in time) and wish Sony would do something similar but I highly doubt it with all their remasters and PS Now. 

I am definitely intrigued by Recore just for the fact that it's being developed by Keiji Inafune (Mega Man) and ex-Metroid Prime developers considering those are 2 of my favorite franchises. Still, no actual gameplay footage and they didn't really go in-depth about what the game would be like so extremely early to have any expectations.

The Minecraft for Microsoft Hololens presentation was a pretty impressive demo but nothing that will actually impact me as a gamer. At least not in the immediate future. It was still cool to watch though.

The presentations for their exclusives like Halo, Forza, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and Gears were about what I'd expect. Wasn't blown away by anything but still interesting to see them in action.

Yeah I hate it when I download a new game and theres dildos and ponies in it. I wish they would somehow do something to make that garbage optional so I have the choice to ignore them or something! lol

There were 18+ mods in Unreal Tournament, I honestly don't think its a big deal. It's your console, who are they to tell you what to do with it?

You don't see these mods unless you install them yourself btw.

Yes I am sure there was mods on Unreal Tournament that allowed me to be a pimp with all my whores and fuck them as I please with full animations anytime I wanted, again an fps mod is very limited compared to an open world mod.

Yes I am sure there was mods on Unreal Tournament that allowed me to be a pimp with all my whores and fuck them as I please with full animations anytime I wanted, again an fps mod is very limited compared to an open world mod.

But why does it matter? These aren't things anyone has to put up with unless the voluntarily wanted it and went through the trouble of installing.

Edited by Hailst0rm_2

But why does it matter? These aren't things anyone has to put up with unless the voluntarily wanted it and went through the trouble of installing.

Then let me ask you this, why do you think Sony doesn't allow Japanese hentai game makers to publish their games on the vita/ps3/4? Why are they all released on pc? Bad publicity is simple really, they don't want to be involved with controversial topics, is bad for business.

http://www.forbes.co...is-a-bombshell/

For all you Sony apologist/fanboys who have constantly defended the lack of backwards compatibility this generation: I TOLD YOU SO!

Evidently Microsoft sees the flaw of not having it and the value of adding it to its newest console. The sad part about this is, they're doing this even though their library of games only goes back one generation. Sony has nearly 15 years worth of games that they have alienated the PS4 from because they want to make people pay for them all over again with paid streaming subscriptions or remastered editions.

If Microsoft can find away to make it possible, then so can Sony!!! If they can't, it says a lot about the quality of their product and manufacturing. If they WON'T (which I have always believed to be the case), then it says a lot about their business philosophy and value on customer loyalty!

• Like 3

My reaction: ....................

Why? Cause E3 is like one big commercial. I don't watch commercials on television when I can avoid them, and I absolutely avoid previews at all cost.

Previews spoil the genuine excitement of the new for me because it gives me some kind of expectation. I'd rather read one sentence descriptions *after* products are released then have any kind of expectation based upon a marketing teams interpretation of their product.

• Like 1

I actually enjoyed Microsoft's conference more than I thought I would.

That backwards compatibility for Xbox One is awesome. I doubt Sony will do anything like it with PS Now and HD Remasters, but I can always hope... So there may, may, just be a possibility of me getting an Xbox One.

Hololens looks really good. Like, awesome. But it's another thing if it can actually function in normal use. I'm still not sure what to make of the announcement with Valve VR and Oculus. 

Gamewise, none of the big AAA games really strike me. I'm not a big Halo or Gears fan. That Rare collection looks amazing (100s of games in one? Awesome!), and Rare's new game, Sea of Thieves, looks amazing. Looks like an open world pirate game with interesting graphics. I'm excited to see more of that. And Cuphead (I think that was the name of it). Sweet looking indie game with classic cartoon aesthetics? Sign me up. Anybody know if that's an Xbox One exclusive?

Microsoft is throwing a pretty big glove at Sony. This is definitely one of the best E3s for MS.

I should've counted the amount of times I've heard: "XboxOne exclusive"...

Was pretty interested in "Recore", "Tacoma" and "Ashen" and of course "Rise Of The Tomb raider". Small interest in "Beyond eyes" and "Sea of Thieves" too.

Also, Fable legends  :o

Minecraft hologram -lens was crazy, but I wonder how they're going to use it in other games and how it's going to work with mods and such.

Not going to buy an XboxOne for any of those though

Edited by DarKNesS_X

I actually enjoyed Microsoft's conference more than I thought I would.

That backwards compatibility for Xbox One is awesome. I doubt Sony will do anything like it with PS Now and HD Remasters, but I can always hope... So there may, may, just be a possibility of me getting an Xbox One.

Hololens looks really good. Like, awesome. But it's another thing if it can actually function in normal use. I'm still not sure what to make of the announcement with Valve VR and Oculus. 

Gamewise, none of the big AAA games really strike me. I'm not a big Halo or Gears fan. That Rare collection looks amazing (100s of games in one? Awesome!), and Rare's new game, Sea of Thieves, looks amazing. Looks like an open world pirate game with interesting graphics. I'm excited to see more of that. And Cuphead (I think that was the name of it). Sweet looking indie game with classic cartoon aesthetics? Sign me up. Anybody know if that's an Xbox One exclusive?

Cup head is a Microsoft exclusive not Xbox.

The Minecraft thing was really impressive.

Yep, definitely most impressive part of the conference.

My jaw literally dropped. I knew they were doing this, but seeing it actually live was goddamn impressive.

Even though it's just augmented reality, it's damn "I want that right now" category =D 

I should've counted the amount of times I've heard: "XboxOne exclusive"...

Was pretty interested in "Recore", "Tacoma" and "Ashen" and of course "Rise Of The Tomb raider". Small interest in "Beyond eyes" and "Sea of Thieves" too.

Also, Fable legends  :o

Fable is with Win10 iirc, but yea, definitely a hell of a selection.

I was especially surprised with Recore. Japanese game or XBone? They may sell over 1000 in Japan =D