Official SotM XXV

cmgravekeeper

Signature of the Month XXV  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your favorite signature.

Signature 5 looks amazing! How do you make these anyway?

Photoshop.. and practice :P

I have voted for #5 too mainly because it seems to work the best for this theme.  I do like #3 too but I feel like it would be a much better signature in color.

Edited by DEMON
  • Like 2

Photoshop.. and practice :P

I have voted for #5 too mainly because it seems to work the best for this theme.  I do like #3 too but I feel like it would be a much better signature in color.

Number 5 is the only one that i like without color. Oh and thanks for the reply!

• Like 1

Number 5 is the only one that i like without color. Oh and thanks for the reply!

NP, and it's rare I comment on anyone's GIF (referring to yours), that dog just reminds me so much of my own and whatever game that is, they captured the behavior of the breed very well (they do derpy things like that irl).

• Like 2

NP, and it's rare I comment on anyone's GIF (referring to yours), that dog just reminds me so much of my own and whatever game that is, they captured the behavior of the breed very well (they do derpy things like that irl).

That GIF never gets old no matter how much i look at it.  :D

• Like 1

#1 is clever but too cluttered with text for my tastes. As someone who doesn't believe in borders, those three just stand out too much. :P

#2 needs another soft light layer for more contrast and a different font and it would look great. As for the border I think you could maybe make it black on the left / bottom side, since it's the darker side of the sig and keep white on the right / top.

#3 looks fine but I think it's too blurry. A lot of the effects are larger than the render but then all are blurred out which makes it messy.

I like #4 because it's the only one that has any contrast. Tho the effect on the bottom is way too large and it makes it hard to make out what is actually in the sig.

#5 Does that say "BLACK ∧ WHITE"? I really like the effect that's going on between his head and his left hand, there should be more of it.

#6 That render could've worked if you cropped it out of its background and used that large effect behind the render, rather than covering it up. You should also balance the entire thing by using another effect on the left side. Also RIP.

I also feel like I should point out that the majority of the sigs are too.. grayish rather than b/w. I think that b/w in art is very, very boring and should make use of contrasts as much as possible to keep it interesting!

Edited by Xhillia
  • Like 2

#1 is clever but too cluttered with text for my tastes. As someone who doesn't believe in borders, those three just stand out too much. :P

#2 needs another soft light layer for more contrast and a different font and it would look great. As for the border I think you could maybe make it black on the left / bottom side, since it's the darker side of the sig and keep white on the right / top.

#3 looks fine but I think it's too blurry. A lot of the effects are larger than the render but then all are blurred out which makes it messy.

I like #4 because it's the only one that has any contrast. Tho the effect on the bottom is way too large and it makes it hard to make out what is actually in the sig.

#5 Does that say "BLACK ∧ WHITE"? I really like the effect that's going on between his head and his left hand, there should be more of it.

#6 That render could've worked if you cropped it out of its background and used that large effect behind the render, rather than covering it up. You should also balance the entire thing by using another effect on the left side. Also RIP.

I also feel like I should point out that the majority of the sigs are too.. grayish rather than b/w. I think that b/w in art is very, very boring and should make use of contrasts as much as possible to keep it interesting!

So harsh! :blink::) 

• Like 1

1st Place: Masamune_316 - 23/62 votes

iHm9QAt.gif

2nd Place: RaveNScythE18 - 16/62 votes

CCTQeuS.png

3rd Place: cmgravekeeper - 11/62 votes

znZmEdd.png

4th Place: Ramonachan - 8/62 votes

w0kCS92.png

5th Place: DEMON - 3/62 votes

qBGOHtb.png

6th Place: Raitandrul - 1/62 votes

IgyrCd7.png

The SotM XXV results are up! Congrats to....Masamune_316! It was just a matter of time before you won one. First gif image to win too, congrats on a great win! 17 straight entries too, you're almost catching up to my record of 21. :P

Thanks to everyone who entered and voted! Next SotM XXVI will be up soon. Next theme is up to Masamune_316. He can post the theme here or let me know via PM. Feel free to post your sigs with color. I'll post my color version shortly too.   :)

EDIT: The last time a non-IVC member won the SotM was in June 2014. IVC had been winning straight a whole year! Masamune_316 just broke that streak!

Edited by cmgravekeeper
  • Like 3