AC4 VS Tomb Raider

firepork08

Assassin's Creed IV vs Tomb Raider  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Now the prices have gone down I want to see which one of these I should get

• Assassins Creed IV
    • Tomb Raider Definitive Edition

If you have played the last AC games and liked them then go for it cause it's a more expanding and bigger experience than tomb raider.

BUT! If you are looking for a polished, fun, and rich action adventure game both in terms of story and gameplay then get TR. Your Choice! Anyway I hope you enjoy whichever one of them you get. :D 

I played the PS3 version of Tomb Raider and I really enjoyed the single player but the multiplayer sucked. Unless the PS4 version is any better it is a hell of a lonely grind to max out your multiplayer for the trophies. If you only want to play the single player mode then thus game is def worth having.

Haven't played AC4 as I find the AC games have very frustrating gameplay.

Tomb Raider has a much better campaign in my opinion, but Black Flag has a lot of optional side-content that'll occupy yout time more. You can blast through the tombs and obtain all the collectibles in Tomb Raider pretty quickly. The multiplayer components are a toss-up as I found neither enjoyable. If you want an amazing, satisfying campaign; pick Tomb Raider. If you want a more collectathon type game; pick AC. Either way, they're both good games.(However, my vote is for Tomb Raider)

• Like 1

I've completed both and Assassin's Creed IV was a hell of a lot better!

Tomb Raider was overrated as hell, it had good graphics, mediocre gameplay, forgettable story, absolutely no replay value and an absolutely horrible multiplayer experience that you had to spend many miserable hours playing if you wanted the platinum trophy. I believe Tomb Raider has more votes because people just want to be different and not vote a game that receives yearly installments.

On the other hand, Assassin's Creed IV had amazing graphics, very satisfying gameplay, an incredible story that i'll never ever forget and so much replay value that you'll have to end up making another poll to decide what to do next! xD Although the multiplayer isn't quite as horrible/boring/dead as Tomb Raider, you still will still need to spend many hours playing it for the platinum trophy as well and it does tend to get a little boring after the first few.

For me it's an absolute no-brainer! Assassin's Creed IV was my GOTY 2013 while Tomb Raider didn't even make my top 10! Ignore those poll results and go and start Assassin's Creed IV right freakin' now and you definitely won't regret it!  :D

• Like 4

Going with ACIV.

I've played both on the PS3 and aside from graphical differences I don't know what else is different.

ACIV was a ton of fun. It gets a lot of hate because it's part of the AC series, no ezio, and hurr durr an assassin can't be a pirate. However...that's all the reasons I loved this game. It's like other AC games in that it has some problems with the AI, you will run up a wall when you don't want to, and like the other games of course there are going to be things that are just plain odd. The naval missions are a ton of fun and it's the only game where you'll get to play something like this. Characters are enjoyable, and the gameplay is great. There is also so much more to do than Tomb Raider will have. I did force myself through the pointless MP though. It's boring as hell like all the other's but it was easy enough to do in the solo part that the platinum was obtainable.

Tomb Raider, imo, was also a lot of fun to play. I hadn't played a TR game since Tomb Raider III on the PS1. Graphics are great. Lara will actually jump when you tell her to (most of the time lol) and as usual I love the mythological aspect of the game. I found it to be more irritating than ACIV regarding equipment...I won't spoil anything but sometimes my head almost fell off from it tilting so much at what she would find in certain areas. (people who've played this will understand) story isn't too bad and the characters are tolerable as well. However, the game felt too short to me. This is probably because I didn't waste time on a pointless MP or that I only played one time through though.

All in all both are good games imo. If you are the kind of gamer who doesn't care for collecting all the stuff and doing everything possible ACIV is still going to last longer I think.

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag, it's one of the best Assassin's Creed games, imo only behind ACII, and an amazing experience. I enjoyed Tomb Raider very much as well but Black Flag is a whole other beast, longer, more things to do, more fun and it's almost like two games in one with the ship.

Plus now in the summer it feels really good sailing on a ship across the Caribbean sea. 

Edited by Annare_

Assassin's Creed 4 has more to do, but Tomb Raider doesn't ask you to swallow your disbelief and do stealth missions with a goddamn pirate ship. So Tomb Raider. And that's with the stupid multiplayer taken into account. Especially with the multiplayer. I'd rather mindlessly grind Tomb Raider's tacked on multiplayer than do a stealth game riding in a pirate ship.

Edited by damon8r351

Wildly depends on your expectations. If you bought into that whole ''humanizing Laura'' crap they advertised, forget it, that stuff is nullified by killing armies of dudes a few hours into the game.

Lol. True that. They really should have spaced out that part of her character arch. 

Assassin's Creed 4 has more to do, but Tomb Raider doesn't ask you to swallow your disbelief and do stealth missions with a goddamn pirate ship. So Tomb Raider. And that's with the stupid multiplayer taken into account. Especially with the multiplayer. I'd rather mindlessly grind Tomb Raider's tacked on multiplayer than do a stealth game riding in a pirate ship.

Yes, because the entirety of ACIV is ship stealth!

C'mon, that's an exaggeration.

As a long-time fan of the AC series, and Black Flag being my second favorite in the franchise, I would say Tomb Raider is slightly better. But still, as everyone has said, if you're looking to expend time in a sandbox game, Black Flag is one of the best, I played Black Flag for months.

As for Tomb Raider, it's an incredible game that I enjoyed a lot, but, honestly, has no replay value. Still is a great experience that you should have.

Both of them are two of my favorite games, no matter what you choose, it will be a good pick. 

• 3 weeks later...

Prices are pretty much the same where I am getting these so which one of these is the best to get?

Oo well, I've played all of the AC games and love them - if you've played the predecessors then absolutely go for AC (but be aware that you're likely to hit all the usual Ubisoft glitches). I've only just started playing Tomb Raider, which also has a few niggles in terms of glitches (but far fewer) - I started with the TR Definitive Edition; it's a bit slow to get going and lacks the vibrancy of AC in terms of detail and 'wow' factors in the environment (I was expecting different locations too) but I'm still really enjoying it. The map isn't as 'busy' as the AC map i.e., fewer side challenges, so it's a little less overwhelming for a completionist, but still plenty to do.