Which games would you like to see as movies?

christine_uk

Silent Hill, Max Payne, Prince of Persia, Hitman... just some of the games that have made it to the big screen but what would you love to see? (I realise most end up as flops but we can always hope!)

I personally think Mafia, the GTA games (especially GTA3), The Getaway, Onimusha (that would be spectacular if done right!), and the Saints Row games!

Since when was there a Jak & Daxter movie? I need to see this.

I believe it was a special, limited edition collectors thing. It's basically Daxter retelling the story using in-game cutscenes (it covers the whole trilogy). Some guy managed to get the HD remastered cutscenes and essentially remaster the movie:

• Like 2

ive heard they're making the last of us into a movie which should be good

although not based on the story of the game i would quite like to see a movie set in the elder scrolls tamriel. i could see it being quite successful, like lotr success if the movie and advertisements were done to a high standard

I'd love to see Heavy Rain as a movie.

Wasn't Heavy Rain essentially a movie anyway?  :P  Also it had so many plot holes and things that were just glossed over that I think it would be laughed out of the theater if it was made into a movie.

I'm of the opinion that video games don't need movies because they're... well, video games! I feel like they can do a better job at telling stories than movies can since you're actively playing a roll and affecting the world with your choices and actions. Besides, has there ever actually been a good movie based on a video game? I feel like most of them are just god awful with the few exceptions that are okay at best.

With that being said, the Ratchet & Clank movie looks good. I guess we'll have to wait and see if it actually does turn out to be good or not.

Edited by Undead_Wolf_N7
  • Like 2

I've been told I might be a lil crazy :dunno:

It's good for the spirit to be a little insane. I'm told I have to be insane to have liked Super Mario Brothers xD Was it a great movie? No. Was it fun to watch? Hell yeah. 

• Like 1

I think if the tongue is left firmly in cheek then you could do something pretty good given the material available. Wreck It Ralph (yeah, yeah, I know it's not a game) was probably the best movie for video game geeks (some of the little details and references are just great). 

If we're talking actual game adaptations then the old LucasArts games like Grim Fandango or Secret of Monkey Island would be good - they already are well-scripted and make me smile even now. Tim Burton could probably nail Grim Fandango

I'd like to see a Metal Gear Solid movie but only if it's directed by Kojima himself and no one else.

Supposedly, a Metal Gear Solid film is going to be made, but no words on its status since march 2015. I agree with you, Kojima should be heavily involved, otherwise the movie most likely won't do good. And after the Konami-Kojima incident, I highly doubt it will has any involvement from Kojima. They better leave the franchise alone. 

Anyway, I'd like to see a Metal Gear (do not confuse with Metal Gear Solid) film, with Kojima involvement for preference.

There is a Hitman film reboot coming real soon. There's also an Uncharted film planned.

I'd like to see an Assassin's Creed or AC2 film, maybe a Silent Hill film reboot with a Silent Hill 2 plot, and a Starcraft film.

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 2

Metal Gear Solid is an absolute MUST! As long as they keep the soundtrack from the original PS1 game (It was flawless the way it was) and with the right casting I feel like this could be an amazing movie. I would also like to see them do a PROPER Hitman movie. The one with Timothy Olyphant was ok, but I feel like they didn't really capture the essence of Agent 47. Having him try to socialize with people, giving him feelings towards other people (the girl he carried around with him), that is not Agent 47. He has no emotions with the exception of he has some sort of feelings towards Diana, and he felt sympathy towards Victoria in Hitman Absolution because she was engineered like he was. But aside from that he is supposed to be cold, calculating and deadly. He is also a genetically engineered killer (they did not mention anything at all about that in the Timothy Olyphant movie), the new movie at least put that in the trailer, but having him get into a massive shootout in the middle of the street, that is not Agent 47. He does everything discretely and professionally. If they can just follow the games, they could have a hell of a movie. And for my final recommendation for a movie, I would have to say The Last of Us. It already had enough cut scenes to be a movie, but seeing a live action version of that would be excellent.