Warning for new users when starting topics

or if you use "boosting" "multiplayer partner" or some key word in topic name . than a pop up window warns you that threads with that topic are not allowed and getting closed very fast :)  (maybe key word "game sharing or account sharing" is good idea too.

• Like 1

i dont think So ~ , new user should give a chance to start a new topic instead ..

You haven't understood the problem. Starting the boosting topic is not allowed because that's what gaming sessions is for.

It keeps the forums clean of topics that are only of interest to the single user who made the post.

Their thread will only get cleaned up once it's spotted anyway. Some sort of warning would save the new user wasted time and effort.

You haven't understood the problem. Starting the boosting topic is not allowed because that's what gaming sessions is for.

It keeps the forums clean of topics that are only of interest to the single user who made the post.

Their thread will only get cleaned up once it's spotted anyway. Some sort of warning would save the new user wasted time and effort.

I thought I had posted a similar suggestion before, but can't find where I spelled it out. I like your idea. 

My thought is that the *first* five "new topic" posts from any registered member should have a pop-up screen explaining if they're looking to boost, use the Gaming Sessions and where to find them. Then make the member click the I Understand button. Kinda points some people in the right direction, just in case they weren't sure. And even if they weren't posting a boosting topic, it might get them interested in the Gaming Sessions anyway.

I like the way you think!

• Like 2

As the leader of Parker's union we are strongly against this move as it would reduce the amount of work he has and therefore impact his livelihood! You don't want to impact his livelihood do you? Unless you're some of Commie.  

I thought that had said some sort of connie instead of commie :P 

Its like having terms and conditions...no one reads them 

Would be much easier and faster to just have Sly update the site rules.

If people abuse/disregard them, let Parker deal with it.

Easier and faster for who? Parker who has extra work to do to delete and/or warn these new people?

Or for the new people who have their threads locked and deleted and now have a bad impression of the site?

Actually one boosting thread per game is allowed

Kind of, Sly would prefer that no boosting threads be posted but when we have a game like Minecraft where we were getting 15-20 boosting threads a day, it is easier to set up a dedicated boosting thread and pin it to the top of that game's forum. If there is a game that I anticipate will be like that (co-op games, games with a large online trophy list) I will preemptively set up a dedicated boosting thread to hopefully prevent having to close multiple boosting threads. 

Parker

The warning pop-up should also have something along the lines of:

Have you used the search function to assure you're not making a duplicate topic?

Hopefully the upcoming design will reduce boosting threads:

iiZqniL.gif

Fancy! Edited by Hemiak

Kind of, Sly would prefer that no boosting threads be posted but when we have a game like Minecraft where we were getting 15-20 boosting threads a day, it is easier to set up a dedicated boosting thread and pin it to the top of that game's forum. If there is a game that I anticipate will be like that (co-op games, games with a large online trophy list) I will preemptively set up a dedicated boosting thread to hopefully prevent having to close multiple boosting threads. 

Parker

I've pointed my fair share of new members to the gaming sessions and official boosting threads and saw that some of those were started by regular members. There has been some debate if only a mod can start one. Could you please clear that up?

Hopefully the upcoming design will reduce boosting threads:

iiZqniL.gif

Looks great, can't wait to see what other updates you're planning.

I've pointed my fair share of new members to the gaming sessions and official boosting threads and saw that some of those were started by regular members. There has been some debate if only a mod can start one. Could you please clear that up?

Looks great, can't wait to see what other updates you're planning.

If a regular member makes the "Official Boosting Thread" and it looks fairly decent, meaning it is obvious that the thread is meant to help everyone instead of just advertising the OP's boosting session, I'll generally keep it up and pin it to the top. If the thread is titled "Official Boosting Thread" and the OP only mentions his boosting session and nothing about anyone else then it'll generally get deleted. 

Hopefully that clears it up a little bit.

Parker

• Like 1

I really don't understand why threads like that bother people. i could understand why moderators would hate them being that the gaming sessions are the correct place and it creates work for them but they dont seem to affect random members. Why are these threads hated on psnprofiles?

Just to be clear; im not disagreeing with the idea or anything im just genuinly curious

I personally dont use the gaming sessions so i would prefer to create a thread leaving my ID letting anyone whos interested know they can add me (as opposed to setting specific times, trophies, coming back to see if anyone is interested etc) but i know its against the rules so i just go to another forum where its allowed.

• Like 1