National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

1 minute ago, majob said:

The NFC North, aside from the Burrs, is going into downward spiral. When it comes to the Packers what culture can you say is there to be changed? They relied on Rodgers to carry a sad sack team for over ten years. The Vikings still choke when it matters most, and the Lions only have to exist in order to lose

The culture that needs changing is the idea that you can be successful by relying on Rodgers to carry a sad sack team!!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PsychicVibe said:

The culture that needs changing is the idea that you can be successful by relying on Rodgers to carry a sad sack team!!!!

Their FO needs a bit an overhaul too. Murphy is an idiot with almost no eye for talent.

44 minutes ago, TheLakota said:

Two more than Minnesota. Just sayin'. 1f602.png

Hey! Play nice!! :P

Before Minnesota, I lived in Boston for a number of years so don't worry, I've celebrated my fair share of Super Bowl wins.  ;)

I just don't broadcast my AFC team allegiance all that often because Pats fans tend to get ill treated around here.  But crazy enough, I was actually in Gillette Stadium for today's game and was the only person in the stands cheering on every play. :yay:

1 minute ago, PerryToxteth said:

Hey! Play nice!! :P

Before Minnesota, I lived in Boston for a number of years so don't worry, I've celebrated my fair share of Super Bowl wins.  ;)

I just don't broadcast my AFC team allegiance all that often because Pats fans tend to get ill treated around here.  But crazy enough, I was actually in Gillette Stadium for today's game and was the only person in the stands cheering on every play. :yay:

Feel free to live in Michigan then. Plenty of Pats fans here since Brady went to UoM

• Like 1

Boy, the Chiefs really needed that one yesterday. I'm getting that feeling about them in the playoffs, though.

I didn't stay up for the Chargers=Steelers game, though I did see that awful non-call on the false start.

10 hours ago, majob said:

Feel free to live in Michigan then. Plenty of Pats fans here since Brady went to UoM

...and nearly quit football because his talent was so under-recognized for so long.

10 hours ago, PsychicVibe said:

It's ingrained in the Wisconsin thought. Back when I lived there, the Packers were going to win the Super Bowl every year because Brett Favre. 

How many teams get the opportunity that the Packers got? it's so hard to hand off the QB position from a HoFer, and the Packers are squandering it.

Edited by starcrunch061

26 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

...and nearly quit football because his talent was so under-recognized for so long.

Believe me that's the funny part because most Wolverine fans didn't care for him until his Orange Bowl win and he got his first SB rings. The bandwagon was in full force after that and it's an excuse sometimes when Ohio inevitably stomps us. "Hey, we had BRADY". I cringe every time

The Texans have to be the quietest 9-wins-in-a-row team in the NFL history. 

Yeah, they play in a putrid division but still...

I think the first win of the streak was when the Colts gave it to them because their coach hates ties.  Real men of genius.

2 minutes ago, djb5f said:

The Texans have to be the quietest 9-wins-in-a-row team in the NFL history. 

Yeah, they play in a putrid division but still...

I think the first win of the streak was when the Colts gave it to them because their coach hates ties.  Real men of genius.

Win streaks don't really mean much these days. Rams had a great record last year and were one and done and the Cowboys in 2016 clinched first seed then lost to the Packers and we all know how 2015 went for the Panthers in the end

The same guy on the Steelers did three offsides penalties in a fucking row! xD I'm sure he'll never live that down.

And I can see why the Raiders are 2-10 right now...though this was pretty damn funny:

http://sports.yahoo.com/jon-gruden-continues-dubious-first-season-raiders-illegally-challenging-touchdown-231100183.html

4 minutes ago, Spyro said:

The same guy on the Steelers did three offsides penalties in a fucking row! xD I'm sure he'll never live that down.

And I can see why the Raiders are 2-10 right now...though this was pretty damn funny:

http://sports.yahoo.com/jon-gruden-continues-dubious-first-season-raiders-illegally-challenging-touchdown-231100183.html

He has no excuse not knowing that after covering football for so many years on MNF.  What a clown show that is.  Perhaps he is trying the whole "set the expectations so low, I will look like a success" routine.

I was glad Gruden got a coaching job (could not stand him as an announcer) but the new crew might be worse.  I swear MNF has largely been worse than Thursday night football (games and production value) and that is saying something...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Boy, the Chiefs really needed that one yesterday. I'm getting that feeling about them in the playoffs, though.

Might this have anything to do with Andy Reid coaching them?  The modern-day Marty Schottenheimer?  ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, acasser said:

Might this have anything to do with Andy Reid coaching them?  The modern-day Marty Schottenheimer?  1f60e.png

I think Marty had a real shot at going all the way with the squad he coached circa-2006 if not for consummate ass A.J. Smith. They say it was Dean's decision, but I'm pretty sure A.J. had his ear.

12 hours ago, majob said:

Believe me that's the funny part because most Wolverine fans didn't care for him until his Orange Bowl win and he got his first SB rings. The bandwagon was in full force after that and it's an excuse sometimes when Ohio inevitably stomps us. "Hey, we had BRADY". I cringe every time

Thank you. 

Yeah, you had Brady but you also benched him for a guy named Scott Dreisbach.  :facepalm:

Brady was behind Brian Griese for awhile too, which really tells you how good Lloyd Carr was at recruiting QBs. 

4 hours ago, Spyro said:

Colt McCoy broke his fibula. Out for the year. Sanchez better not bust his leg!

Feel so Bad for McCoy got his chance only for that to happen, man the Redskins can't get a break 2 qb's and all the o-line injuries, really fell for Jay Gruden and what he has to deal with 

My Week 14 2018-19 NFL Tips

Titans over Jags

Packers over Falcons

Bills over Jets

Panthers over Browns

Texans over Colts

Chiefs over Ravens

Patriots over Dolphins

Saints over Bucs

Giants over Redskins

Chargers over Bengals

Broncos over 49ers

Cowboys over Eagles

Lions over Cardinals

Steelers over Raiders

Rams over Bears

Seahawks over Vikings

32 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

I always hate the word "upset" when it comes to NFL games, but I particularly hate it when we're talking about playoff contenders.

I was trying to be diplomatic, but if you insist:

I got the Ravens beating the dog shit outta the Chiefs because they'll be without Hunt -- he accounted for 14 touchdowns, 7 rushing and 7 receiving respectively -- and I think Mahomes will be asked to do more with less. Granted, Spencer Ware is a good, young player but he ain't no Kareem.

Da Bears will whip LA 30-14 because defense, and I'm an admitted NOLA homer and wish it so.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, majob said:

Alex Smith is suffering complications from his surgery. Hoping he makes a full recovery

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25470106/washington-redskins-quarterback-alex-smith-dealing-infection-multiple-surgeries?platform=amp

Jesus, scary. Hope he doesn't develop fat embolism as well. He's a little older and only one long bone broke, so the risk should be lower than it could be (or was in my case).

I could see B-More beating the Chiefs but I don't see the Chiefs getting rolled at home. They haven't lost by more than 3 points all year. I know losing Hunt is a big blow but they are still loaded on O and their D normally plays better at home.