National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

4 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I CAN'T FUCKING BELIEVE THE DOLPHINS PULLED IT OFF. 

I called the play the moment it started and if I weren't in a sling my brother would have punched me in the arm lol.

I'm stunned, what is it about playing in Miami for the Patriots 

31 minutes ago, Conker said:

I'm stunned, what is it about playing in Miami for the Patriots 

Personally, I thinks it's practicing in 20-30 degree temps and then playing in that kind of heat. As someone who lived in MA and FL switching between the extremes can suck ass.

I'm sure the psych factor is there too. But the Pats missing an extra point and FG really fucked them. Then the last play...idk where the defense went.

Typing left handed in my phone sucks so bad lol...but at least it autocorrects. :awesome:

More annoyed that Tampa didn't hold their ground lol.

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle

50 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I called the play the moment it started and if I weren't in a sling my brother would have punched me in the arm lol.

It's pure Belichick strategy, that he learned from the Saints last year. Get the fluke play out during the regular season so it doesn't happen in the playoffs.   :P

Edited by PerryToxteth

Phew, early games are done and they brought some good news.

- The Saints figured it out so the pressure's still on L.A.,

- The Chiefs won and Pats lost which helps the "for the love of God can the Pats not get a first round bye and home field advantage for once" cause.  Although, I'd really like to see the Ravens take the division from the Steelers.

- And the Browns beat the Panthers, which is great because I hate the Panthers and they can suck it.  Actually, lemme rephrase that, I hate Cam Newton and he can suck it.

Edited by skidmarkgn

2 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

The Chiefs won and Pats lost which helps the "for the love of God can the Pats not get a first round bye and home field advantage for once" cause.  Although, I'd really like to see the Ravens take the division from the Steelers.

This. All of this. 

So yeah Mark Sanchez isn't the option for the Redskins, hecwas awful whilst recently signed Backup Josh Johnson was much better but yeah with that and the awful defense the Giants destroyed them 40-16

The Texans finally lost again, losing 24-21 to the Colts, keeping the colts very much in the clogged playoff hunt

Bills rookie qb set this record today, he became the first quarterback in the Super Bowl era to run for at least 100 yards in back-to-back game, though they fell short giving the Jets there 4th win

Huge win for my Cowboys over the Eagles today, gotta say thx Raiders for Amari Cooper his massive day including game winner in OT

Denver's playoff hopes took a hit with a devastating loss to the 49ers

Raiders stun the Steelers in a big upset, 

And Thursday nights game is set up huge after The Chargers win against the Bengals, 

3 hours ago, grimydawg said:

My Browns are actually competent, and seeing the Pigeons get butchered in Cheeseland satisfies me LOL

:highfive: didn’t know you’re a Browns fan as well! I’m psyched they won today, and they have a slight chance at the division after loses by both the Steelers and Ravens today.  

Side note: after starting out 6-2, the panthers lost 5 straight (I think it could be 6 straight). They’re overshadowed by the steep declines of both Jacksonville and Atlanta this season. 

Edited by kidson2004
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

:highfive: didn’t know you’re a Browns fan as well! I’m psyched they won today, and they have a slight chance at the division after loses by both the Steelers and Ravens today.  

Side note: after starting out 6-2, the panthers lost 5 straight (I think it could be 6 straight). They’re overshadowed by the steep declines of both Jacksonville and Atlanta this season. 

I'm from Cleveland mang.  Just happen to live in Pigeon Land (Atlanta).

So looking at the playoff picture has me wondering, and I know it'll never change but, should a guaranteed spot in the playoffs be reward enough for winning a division?  Meaning after division winners and wildcards are established should seeding be based on records alone?  Chargers fans would especially like to know.

2 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

So looking at the playoff picture has me wondering, and I know it'll never change but, should a guaranteed spot in the playoffs be reward enough for winning a division?  Meaning after division winners and wildcards are established should seeding be based on records alone?  Chargers fans would especially like to know.

Personally leave it as is, otherwise we'd potentially have never gotten the epic playoff game between the Saints and the 7-9 Seahawks, plus as listed you could win your division with a record of 7-9,8-8 and there could be more teams with better records that would then get priority. imo winning a Division should always be big and always be able to host a game.

But thats just my opinion 

20 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

I like it the way it is. Divisional games should always matter the most. That's why they're usually saved for the end of the year, and it makes the Chargers/Chiefs game all the more important. If the Chargers want that home game, then beat KC.

The only thing I don't like about the current method of playoff seeding is games in common taking precedence over strength of schedule. To me, if you win just as many games as your opponent but played much better teams, you shouldn't be punished for losing one arbitrary game along the way. Head-to-head makes sense, but that's about it.

Edited by Cassylvania

Well the Chicago Bears defense brought it again in the dominating 15-6 win over the LA Rams who could not break that defense. Which now relinquishes the 1 seed in the NFC back to the New Orleans Saints. Did tonight show the rest of the league how you beat the LA Rams 

I'll put this out there, who here thinks the Steelers miss the playoffs, there last 3 games are against the Patriots,Saints and Bengals?

Edited by Conker

At this point it's safe to say that the Bears might sneak their way to the NFCC. That defense has found their stride and the explosive offenses of the NFL have a terrible track record against good defenses. Once again, the league and sports media continue to overestimate offense heavy teams

45 minutes ago, majob said:

At this point it's safe to say that the Bears might sneak their way to the NFCC. That defense has found their stride and the explosive offenses of the NFL have a terrible track record against good defenses. Once again, the league and sports media continue to overestimate offense heavy teams

Ain't no sneaking afoot here. The Bears have a good team and will be a tough out for anyone, and by anyone I mean New Orleans, Los Angeles, Dallas, Minny or the 'hawks.

That doesn't mean Shannon won't continue hating on them, but as a fan I've got to give them respect.

12 hours ago, Conker said:

I'll put this out there, who here thinks the Steelers miss the playoffs, there last 3 games are against the Patriots,Saints and Bengals?

Truth be told, I can see them missing the playoffs. Wasn't expecting them to lose at Oakland, but now that they did, they play host to a PISSED off New England team that will be playing like it. Going to NOLA, they don't want that smoke at all. Only game I can see them possibly winning would be the Bengals. Oh and BTW, should they lose all 3 game, then either Baltimore OR Cleveland will win the division (and for the Browns to STILL be in reach of the division plus in the playoff hunt speaks volumes of their draft class and their coaching situation. Thanks Hue for fucking them up and throwing them under the bus earlier this season ?).

Edited by kidson2004

19 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

It was pretty cool. I was wondering what the hell Gronk was doing out there. Seems the Pats are now wondering the same thing. xD 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000998468/article/patriots-struggle-to-explain-using-gronk-in-final-play