National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

1 minute ago, Conker said:

that no-call to basically end the game is a disgraceful miss, i just hope that won't overshadow this great NFC Championship game which is now going to OT

It already has overshadowed the game. They must've shown that replay five times. 

4 minutes ago, TheLakota said:

Worst jobbing I think I've ever seen. They really want LA in SB. 

Perhaps but I think it is just a missed call or two.  I remember when the Saints were  allowed to hit Brett Favre late and hard nonstop in the NFC title game 9 seasons ago, many were speculating that the league wanted New Orleans in it for Brees and the post-Katrina storyline.

Not that I believed that either!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Noticed a lot fewer calls are made in the playoffs.

The AFC championship is nearing. GO CHIEFS! ❤️?

What is kickoff time for that?  No one except Pats and Chiefs fans will flip over to that until this is over!

And there’s the makeup call! ;)  good for the Saints!

Edited by djb5f

2 minutes ago, djb5f said:

What is kickoff time for that?  No one except Pats and Chiefs fans will flip over to that until this is over!

And there’s the makeup call! ;)  goof for the Saints!

In about 25 minutes or so.

Saw this on Facebook. xD

lmnazs9.png

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Perhaps but I think it is just a missed call or two.  I remember when the Saints were  allowed to hit Brett Favre late and hard nonstop in the NFC title game 9 seasons ago, many were speculating that the league wanted New Orleans in it for Brees and the post-Katrina storyline.

The rules were a lot different 9 years ago.  That last no-call was as obvious a penalty as could be and would have 99% sent the Saints to the Superbowl if they called it.  There's missed calls, then there's bad missed calls, then there's who the hell could have possibly missed that call... then there's what just happened to the Saints.

What a fucking joke.

Edited by skidmarkgn

3 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

The rules were a lot different 9 years ago.  That last no-call was as obvious a penalty as could be and would have 99% sent the Saints to the Superbowl if they called it.  There's missed calls, then there's bad missed calls, then there's who the hell could have possibly missed that call... then there's what just happened to the Saints.

What a fucking joke.

Agree with most of what you say except late hits were often called then too.  9 years ago was not that long ago.  That was the storyline of the game and even today along with the bounties ($$) the Saints put on trying to knock Favre out.

• Like 1

That was...something else. It really just reinforces my belief that human refs need to be done away with. (fired not killed lmfao) With all the cameras and birds eye views of things they can have human error should no longer be able to rule a game. Especially one this deciding. 

Whoever wins the Pats/Chiefs wins the Superbowl I believe. Don't think the Rams have a chance against either team.

18 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Don't bring up that game. That hurt me as bad as the Saints hurt Favre. ?

People are going to harp on the no-call for the rest of time -- and rightfully so -- but how about Zuerlein making BOTH of those field goals? How do you ice a kicker who has ice in his veins?

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Agree with most of what you say except late hits were often called then too.  9 years ago was not that long ago.  That was the storyline of the game and even today along with the bounties ($$) the Saints put on trying to knock Favre out.

There was no bounty to knock Favre out. That's your narrative though, so cool. 

Edited by TheLakota

6 minutes ago, TheLakota said:

There was no bounty to knock Favre out. That's you're narrative though, so cool. 

NFL suspended Payton for a season just for jollies?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/7718136/sean-payton-new-orleans-saints-banned-one-year-bounties

Knockouts were worth $1500 and cart-offs $1000 and payments doubled or tripled for the playoffs.

saints were jobbed today though.

Edited by djb5f
  • Like 1

With the current stagnation in the AFC, the constant rule changes to promote offense (read: fantasy), the inconsistency and/or plain ass ineptitude in officiating and, most importantly, everything Goodell says and does, it's getting harder and harder to stay a fan of the NFL.

Edited by skidmarkgn

11 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

With the current stagnation in the AFC, the constant rule changes to promote offense (read: fantasy), the inconsistency and/or plain ass ineptitude in officiating and, most importantly, everything Goodell says and does, it's getting harder and harder to stay a fan of the NFL.

Generally agree, definitely much easier to score points these days with the rules set up for the offenses.  That is why you can’t compare stats of today (especially passing) with stats of yesteryear.

One notable exception is the catch rule (“completing the catch”) nonsense that worked against offenses.  It was intended to clearly define what a catch was and did the opposite.  No one knew anymore.  Likely cost the Cowboys a Super Bowl trip with the Dez Bryant overturn.

49 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

but how about Zuerlein making BOTH of those field goals? How do you ice a kicker who has ice in his veins?

I thought the exact same thing! 57 yards is ridiculous. Also, the Rams did force an interception to set them up for that.

You could make the argument though that OT shouldn't have happened in the first place, but give the rams a little credit. They did take advantage of the gift in OT.