National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

It’ll be crazy to see the Chiefs go on a 10-17 unanswered point run in the 4th. But it’ll also be crazy to see another rematch from the 2001 SuperBowl with the Pats/Rams round 2. Last season it was a rematch of the 2004 Pats/Eagles SuperBowl with the Eagles winning it. Will it happen 2 years in a row for the Pats? Or will the Chiefs comeback and face the Rams again? 

Also that that was a bullshit overturn. Edelman touched the all, that overturn took 6 off the board and it was a huge momentum swing back to the Pats. 

Edited by kidson2004

28 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

Also that that was a bullshit overturn. Edelman touched the all, that overturn took 6 off the board and it was a huge momentum swing back to the Pats. 

They showed it from multiple angles and none of them showed him touching that ball, and any angle that showed a maybe another angle showed a no. And that's why technology should be used instead of humans. (still a bit sour about that no call in the saints/rams lol.)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

They showed it from multiple angles and none of them showed him touching that ball, and any angle that showed a maybe another angle showed a no. And that's why technology should be used instead of humans. (still a bit sour about that no call in the saints/rams lol.)

Doesn’t matter now with that pick and TD to take the lead. And I’m not a Saints fan, but even Stevie Wonder can see that was PI. 

Just now, kidson2004 said:

Doesn’t matter now with that pick and TD to take the lead. And I’m not a Saints fan, but even Stevie Wonder can see that was PI. 

From what I read that call had at least 3 different penalties that could have been called.

After seeing 2 missed calls on Edelman and Gronk, to which the commentators also thought they missed calls, I'm tired of referees lol. 

Don't think Hogan caught that ball either...maybe it was the ball not moving much while pinned between his arm and body when he hit the ground, but I don't think he had it. :dunno: 

5 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

From what I read that call had at least 3 different penalties that could have been called.

After seeing 2 missed calls on Edelman and Gronk, to which the commentators also thought they missed calls, I'm tired of referees lol. 

Don't think Hogan caught that ball either...maybe it was the ball not moving much while pinned between his arm and body when he hit the ground, but I don't think he had it. :dunno: 

I agree, I don’t think Hogan caught it either. And with that call, there’s the PI, the helmet to helmet, but what was the 3rd one? 

Just now, kidson2004 said:

I agree, I don’t think Hogan caught it either. And with that call, there’s the PI, the helmet to helmet, but what was the 3rd one? 

I read someone say hitting a defenseless person, and face guarding? I'm not real technical on terms so I'm sure you'll understand them better and know if they're right or not. xD

4 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I read someone say hitting a defenseless person, and face guarding? I'm not real technical on terms so I'm sure you'll understand them better and know if they're right or not. xD

Yeah I understand it. And yeah I’ll have to agree on that. But they didn’t call it. 

Wow what a AFC Championship game with the Patriots prevailing in OT, personal opinion was Hogan's was a catch, i don't think Edelman didn't touch it but shouldn't have overturned as wasn't conclusive. 

Cannot wait for the Superbowl Rams vs Patriots :D 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, djb5f said:

And to even it up, from the other side (just to show that every game has many missed calls)

11325269_0.jpg

Fuck outta here with that shit. Rams called a phantom timeout after clock had already gotten to zero and top-right pic is taken out of context as the defender was trying to avoid pancaking the runner and gravity always wins. 

Just now, Conker said:

Wow what a AFC Championship game with the Patriots prevailing in OT, personal opinion was Hogan's was a catch, i don't think Edelman didn't touch it but shouldn't have overturned as wasn't conclusive. 

Rematch of the 2001 Super Bowl. Looking forward to it. 

Ugh, an entire quarter without a single stop by either team followed by a 1 possession OT... football in 2019.  I'd say I really hope more and more people decide to sit this one out and not watch but there's just too many people out there who think football should be a non-stop scoring bonanza to hope disinterest would set in.

Edited by skidmarkgn

1 minute ago, Conker said:

I don't know. I thought with all the angles shown it was pretty conclusive. I was surprised at the stat of today being the first time a post season game ended in all OT games. (or whatever the specifics were.)

I also wonder if people will be whining and bitching about the Chiefs in the next decade if Mahomes continually has great seasons like this after the Patriots have become another ordinary team. :hmm: 

From what I saw this year Mahomes with the right receiving weapons could have a long and great career barring any bad luck.

2 minutes ago, TheLakota said:

giphy.gif

League almost got their Chiefs Rams rematch. Oh well.

I've never seen what the gif is from. I did expect Mahomes to get a TD though. Just seemed like something he'd pull off, and I bet with even 5 more seconds he probably could have.

4 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

Ugh, an entire quarter without a single stop by either team followed by a 1 possession OT... football in 2019.  I'd say I really hope more and more people decide to sit this one out and not watch but there's just too many people out there who think football should be a non-stop scoring bonanza to hope disinterest would set in.

Until the CTE worries die down and as long as fantasy football and Vegas reign supreme, we're likely to see a diluted football product as time goes on. Wonder what Vince is going to do with his XFL next year

19 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I'vee never seen what the gif is from. I did expect Mahomes to get a TD though. Just seemed like something he'd pull off, and I bet with even 5 more seconds he probably could have.

It's only from a cinematic masterpiece.

You're going on time-out.

Edited by TheLakota