National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

4 hours ago, majob said:

I'm honestly worried the Lions will be the first team to go 0-17 at this point because their schedule is tough and outside of the Eagles game or the Falcons game, the possibility of a win looks slim

Lions deserved to win that game yesterday. A win is a win, but that was gross to watch. Vikings continue to get awful penalties at the worst times; third downs that result in opponent’s first downs, offensive first downs that get negated, etc. 

Vikings’ Play calling was suspect yesterday. Offensive line continues to struggle. There are playmakers on this team that are carrying a lot of dead weight. The Lions game has shone the Vikings who they are - a team with a talented few who would be lucky to make the playoffs, and if that somehow inexplicably happens, will not pose any threat to the contenders.

@majob I have faith that the Lions will win a game or two. Dan Campbell proved post game the team still has heart and they do play hard. They have just had terrible luck to close out games. I would do some serious praying to the Football Gods this week to turn your fortunes around. 

Edited by PerryToxteth
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, majob said:

I'm honestly worried the Lions will be the first team to go 0-17 at this point because their schedule is tough and outside of the Eagles game or the Falcons game, the possibility of a win looks slim

Think the Jags are more likely unless they get rid of their useless coach. 

And worried about the Chiefs. They’re 2-3. This doesn’t look anything like the team that went to the Super Bowl the last two years. And last in the AFC West. Not good.

Gruden canned.  First coach to go for 2021.

26 minutes ago, acasser said:

Urban Meyer struggling at the NFL level much like pretty much every college coach before him?  This is my surprised face.

Pete Carroll did very well.  I am sure there are others.  But yeah, the transition is not easy.

Edited by djb5f
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Jon Gruden is no longer with the Raiders.

https://www.nfl.com/news/jon-gruden-resigns-as-las-vegas-raiders-head-coach

Urban Meyer is probably the happiest guy in the NFL right now.

Mark Davis had no choice, too many bad emails and especially racist ones too, gonna be interesting how Raiders go rest of the season 

12 hours ago, djb5f said:

Pete Carroll did very well.  I am sure there are others.  But yeah, the transition is not easy.

Pete Carroll has done very well.... in Seattle.

His tenure with the Jets wasn't good.  His tenure in Foxboro was forgettable.  And he might have stayed at USC had all the things like recruiting violations and paying players not caught up to that program and thus requiring Carroll to get out of college football one step ahead of the enforcement authorities.

6 hours ago, acasser said:

Pete Carroll has done very well.... in Seattle.

His tenure with the Jets wasn't good.  His tenure in Foxboro was forgettable.  And he might have stayed at USC had all the things like recruiting violations and paying players not caught up to that program and thus requiring Carroll to get out of college football one step ahead of the enforcement authorities.

Jim Harbaugh?

• Like 1

Well it took to playing the Dolphins in London, But the Jacksonville Jaguars finally have a win

Ravens Demolish Chargers, who saw it being like that?

As Expected Rams blowout Giants, Colts blowout Texans 

Lions remain winless as Bengals handle them easily 

Chiefs get back on track pulling away from Washington in 2nd half

On 10/3/2021 at 5:48 PM, acasser said:

But if there was ever a season where the Seahawks should go 2-15, I and my Gang Green brethren think it should be this one.

Worst defense in football, an offense that routinely vanishes for 2-3 quarters per game, hardest division in the league, not to mention one of the hardest overall schedules, an injured QB, RB1 and RB2... your draft pick is looking pretty good this year.  I'd be upset about it but Seattle would probably use the 1st rounder to draft a long-snapper and try to convert him into a fullback before he injured himself in the pre-season and never set foot on the field anyways.  Not much of a light at the end of the tunnel this year, which makes me wonder if the trip back to long term mediocrity is looming.

17 hours ago, Conker said:

What a great Monday night game as the Titans hang on to beat the Bills with the Bills stuffed on a 4th down play to late and near endzone, could have took fg to tie it but didn't, Derrick Henry with another monster game

15 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

Oof... Tough loss for the Bills.  Titans better pray Henry can go like this for the whole season.  He gets hurt and they're done, way too much importance put on one players shoulders.

Two great primetime games! 
- Roethlisberger has hit the Old Age Favre portion of his career. He thinks he can still do what he could do 10 years ago. Sometimes it works, sometimes it fails miserably. Geno Smith performed better than expected. Tomlin takes the headlines griping about the clock stoppage, but why did nobody ask DK Metcalf what in the hell was he trying to do??? No timeouts and he bolts up the field, rather than stepping out of bounds?!? He’s damn lucky the other wideout had the wherewithal to jump on the fumble, then get up and race the ball to the middle of the field so the ball could get set. 
- I support the decision to go for it on the goal line. Josh Allen is a pretty big kid so maybe I roll him out instead of trying to stuff it up the middle. But play for the win on the road. At some point, Derrick Henry goes down with an injury, right? He is incredible to watch, especially in the second half, but with those amount of heavy duty carries, it doesn’t seem sustainable. 

5 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

but why did nobody ask DK Metcalf what in the hell was he trying to do??? 

Shannon Sharp's got your back, lol.  DK's definitely gotta stop with the hero ball derping.  When it comes to feats of athleticism, like chasing down Buddha Baker, love him, however more than once he's botched easy decisions trying to get an extra yard or two instead of going out of bounds.  My man's just not too bright I guess.

• Like 1

Browns with Case Keenum defeat the Broncos 17-14 a game where a unknown running back for them D'ernest Johnson goes for 146 yards as Browns move to 4-3 whilst Denver Broncos skid continues falling to 3-4 there 4th straight loss

So if the Chiefs lose this game I still wouldn't worry much if I was a fan of theirs.  They still have Mahomes, Kelce, and Hill.  They're gonna eventually slow down on the turnovers and looking at their remaining schedule I don't see why they can't still pull off a 10+ win season which, in the expanded playoff format should be enough to at least pull off a wild card spot (although with the Raiders' problems right now combined with the Broncos being exposed as complete frauds after the 3-0 start and the Chargers being an up and down mystery I wouldn't rule out the division yet), and if they make it in they're always a threat.

• Like 1

So today's Niners game will be interesting.  It's raining so much here, and the wind blowing so hard, that it sounds and feels like a jumbo jet crashing in the street outside every 15 minutes.  The second story on my house shakes violently when this occurs.  Pieces of my neighbors houses (shingles, gutters, etc...) are flying off, tree branches are littering front yards, the standing water on the road and in backyards is ankle to knee deep, a full fence board was torn off the front of my fence, and a tree in my backyard got ripped out of the ground, separated from its roots, and fell over.  I saw a bird try to fly by, but it was toppling end over end in mid-air.  I can only imagine what a football game will look like being played in a wide-open Levi's stadium not too far from here.

same day Titans easily beat Chiefs, Bengals make a huge satement ting up 41 in a blowout win against the Ravens 

t like the Broncos,the Panthers have gone 3-0 to 3-4 with Darnold even being benched as they let the Giants beat them 25-3 

Dolphins drop 5 in a row losing to Falcons on last second fg

and Patriots put up a lazy 54 on the Jets