National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

6 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

Yes, the COVID vaccine is new, but the vaccine technology is not. The drug makers already had the tool to implement it, they just needed to figure out the blueprint of the COVID virus. So drug makers weren’t starting from scratch. Basically, the gun was built, they just needed to figure out the ammo to hit the specific target. Hence, you get Trump’s cringe-worthy name of “Operation Warp Speed” because they knew the gameplan for the COVID vaccine development. It was developed quicker than typical vaccines because of the enormous amounts of money the US government, (both democrats and republicans), agreed to spend on its development and roll out.
  Long-term vaccine adverse effects for the masses? Our grandparents aren’t suffering ailments today from the Polio vaccine they got in the 1950s. Ditto for the worlds’ population which received smallpox vaccines in the last half of the 20th century. Vaccines are a good thing, despite what Playmate Jenny McCarthy says.

This will be my last post about the subject because the one thing I agree with you about is this is the NFL thread.  lol  Respond or not, I'm not saying anything further here about the vax.

The covid vaccine is the 1st of its kind.  So yes, it is a new technology.  We do not know the long term effects.  You are comparing old vaccines to the 1st world-wide distributed mrna vax rushed through production in 2020.  You can hypothesize, theorize, and trust all you want, but the fact remains we do not know the long term effects until the time arrives.  Spend all the resources you have, but good luck making time go faster.  Your gun example makes no sense to me.  You're aware you can't just fire any cailber round from any pistol or rifle, right?  Trump?  Who cares?  Jenny McCarthy...she was hot in the 90's.

Spoiler

jenny-mccarthy_lingerie-football_hero_1.

6 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

- “Killing someone?” Newsflash; The COVID virus kills people and has killed more than 750,000 Americans in the last two years. Around 150,000 of those deaths have come since earlier this year, when the vaccine was available to the common population. So basically, the population of Green Bay has died because of false information and internet rumors.
  And nobody knows Aaron Rodgers outside of football? I guess you’re not a Jeopardy fan.

???   Sure.  How many of these deaths were due to complicating factors?  No, they were solely comprised of misinformed people who refused a vaccine...LMAO 

So again, a Pro Bowl QB lying about vax status should be judged the same or worse than a 2nd year 1st round pick who gets drunk and kills someone while going 150mph in a residential area??  Jesus Christ, I thought it was satire before, but now I'm thinking you're serious.  

No, I'm not a Jeopardy fan.  Looked it up and seen Rodgers guest hosted for 2 weeks.  Still don't think it's enough to make him a household name.

• Like 2

Oh and BTW.  Goddammn Ravens  LOL  The one thing I had to look forward to as an Eagle's fan is possibly 3 1st round draft picks next year with 2 in the top 10.  But now MIA wants to win games all of a sudden.  The Colts will probably win out and win the superbowl with Wentz winning MVP.  Actually I wouldn't mind that because it would make our GM look like even more of an idiot  with his draft picks from the last 5+ years.  Which would then not make the draft that big of a deal, but still want to see how he manages to screw it up too.

Edited by kinnyman
clarification

So Cam is back and scores 2 TD's as Carolina easily handle the Cardinals, just amazing 

And Seems Heiniecke loves playing the Bucs, another good game and this time he got the win as Washington upset them by 10

Edited by Conker

That crash you heard around 3:00 PM Eastern Standard Time was everybody jumping off the Mike White bandwagon at the same time.  As the thing burst into flames and fell off a cliff.

This Jets season can't end soon enough.  On the bright side, they're trending towards two Top 10 picks, so maybe they can pick up some guys to play defense next season.

I'm not happy but I'm not mad. All I have to say.  All I know is that the missed PAT is why it's a tie and now a win

9 hours ago, acasser said:

That crash you heard around 3:00 PM Eastern Standard Time was everybody jumping off the Mike White bandwagon at the same time.  As the thing burst into flames and fell off a cliff.

This Jets season can't end soon enough.  On the bright side, they're trending towards two Top 10 picks, so maybe they can pick up some guys to play defense next season.

The draft class for 2022 is absolute shit so it's not like a high draft pick means much

Well, that result was completely unexpected, but wholly welcome.  If this ends up being the Niners best game of the season - destroying a dominant division rival on MNF - then that's good enough.  Now I'm off to watch the highlight reel, lol.

Great weekend in the NFL if you are a Cowboys fan.

Not only a dominant, bounce-back 40-point win but playoff positioning got aided by unlikely wins from several of the trash teams.

Who saw this coming?

Panthers over Cardinals, Football Team over Bucs, and Niners over Rams!  

Now if only the Seahawks could’ve beaten the Packers but that is getting a little greedy.  ?

It is absolutely sickening and baffling that a number of these high paid, high profile athletes playing in the NFL have to get on their soapbox and scream to the world on their favorite social media platform. Twitter.

The politicization of the league itself is what largely drove me away. Politics pretty much run the sport, from the top of the organization all the way to the bottom. Colin kneeling down before the National Anthem was a sign things were already getting bad, then all the old out of touch morons running the NFL were attacking him because they felt he was disrespecting the flag.

And after hearing Aaron Rodgers practically talk shit out of his mouth for the past month, I just don't care to see NFL games anymore.

I'm sick of the politics. I'm sick of this polarization. I'm sick of the constant divide between the players, the coaches and the people at the top who run everything. People just love to call outrage over the players or the organizations, which is what Aaron Rodgers has been dealing with. I can't really blame them, because Aaron Rodgers is a stuck up piece of shit human being whose ego matches that of Lebron James in the NBA. Even Deion Sanders is criticizing Aaron.

The fact that COVID-19 has put such a divide on people and have made a select few become "anti vaxxers" is just proof how much the sport has fallen, as well as society in general.

People just want to watch games in peace, without the politics muddling everything up.

• Like 2

Joe Flacco will get the start this week for the Jets https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32653276/new-york-jets-start-joe-flacco-quarterback-vs-miami-dolphins-source-says

Le'Veon Bell's time in Baltimore is over and could his career be too? https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32645054/source-baltimore-ravens-cut-veteran-rb-leveon-bell

Edited by Conker

Jonathan Taylor with 5td's in upset over Bills

Texans with biggest upset of day, defeating the Titans

Vikings, 49ers and Eagles both get win 5

Lions remain winless with 3 point loss to Browns 

No Lamar no problem, Ravens hang on to defeat the Bears

Dolphins get win 4 to stay in playoff hunt

Very interesting turn of events.  In just 2 short weeks, the entire look of the NFC West shifted.  Two weeks ago there were two dominant teams vying for position of division leader and two - essentially - throwaway teams waiting for the season to end.  Now there's a clear favorite with two teams looking to either catch them, or fight for a potential wildcard spot.  And let's still not rule out the Hawks (I don't like them, but I never underestimate them, they could easily turn this season around if the right circumstances line up).  But most divisions are seeing this or something similar, where there were 1 or 2 clear favorites and the rest trash after the first half of the season, but now there's a more level and even distribution of wins with each division looking like a numerous contenders could arise to pick up a late division title.  It's exciting, and makes for a more interesting remainder of a season that looked to be already over.  I mean, Pats overtake the Bills for 1st, AFC North is a toss-up, with Henry out and Colts gaining momentum that division might not be so clear cut, Chiefs with the complete turn-around have a big division lead considering where they were a month ago, Cowboys doing well but Eagles and WFT making waves, Pack still clearly leading but showing they're vulnerable, it's anybodies division in the NFC South (except the Falcons, lol) despite the Bucs still looking like favorites, and the Cards will have to keep the pressure on if they want first.  Should be a very interesting December.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Matto_lsi said:

And let's still not rule out the Hawks (I don't like them, but I never underestimate them, they could easily turn this season around if the right circumstances line up).

Hawks are done.  Their offense is a complete mess (don't know if today's game was broadcast in your area but it was really, really bad), the defense can't get right because by the 4th quarter of every game the ToP is usually in the 2:1 ratio in favor of the opponent and they're exhausted, the play calling is predictable as the tide and any time Waldron draws up something that actually works they'll either fuck up the execution or a dumb penalty will negate it... even special teams has fallen off a cliff.  The rest of their schedule looks like it should be favorable but I have zero confidence in them beating the Re-skins, Bears, Texans, and Lions... maaaaaaybe they'll take 2 of those 4 games, and if they lost to the Cards minus Murray and Hopkins today there's no reason to think they'll beat 'em on the 5th, they've been the Rams' bitch since Donald joined the team and the 9ers are looking much better, and way less injured, than the 1st meeting.  Hawks reek of a 5 win disaster this year, which on top of it all is great news for the Jets.

On 11/21/2021 at 8:36 PM, skidmarkgn said:

Hawks are done.  Their offense is a complete mess (don't know if today's game was broadcast in your area but it was really, really bad), the defense can't get right because by the 4th quarter of every game the ToP is usually in the 2:1 ratio in favor of the opponent and they're exhausted, the play calling is predictable as the tide and any time Waldron draws up something that actually works they'll either fuck up the execution or a dumb penalty will negate it... even special teams has fallen off a cliff.  The rest of their schedule looks like it should be favorable but I have zero confidence in them beating the Re-skins, Bears, Texans, and Lions... maaaaaaybe they'll take 2 of those 4 games, and if they lost to the Cards minus Murray and Hopkins today there's no reason to think they'll beat 'em on the 5th, they've been the Rams' bitch since Donald joined the team and the 9ers are looking much better, and way less injured, than the 1st meeting.  Hawks reek of a 5 win disaster this year, which on top of it all is great news for the Jets.

I didn't see the game, and perhaps you're right and they're done, but I always think back to the 2012 season, when the Seahawks were a 4-4 team midway through the season and really didn't look all that impressive, then finished the season 11-5 absolutely decimating most of the teams they played - including the Cardinals and Niners - and the only reason they didn't win the SB that year was cause they had to go on the road in the playoffs as a wildcard team and barely lost to a well rested 1st placed Falcons team who got an extra week off.  That team went from 'No one cared' to 'I was scared' in a hurry.  So I will never underestimate them.

Edited by Matto_lsi