My Trophy Hunting Days Are Over

cryax

Well following being hacked by a random stranger who then later messaged me on kik to argue with me about my account , I have lost everything. The guy has changed all of my details and is refusing to give me my account back as he is keeping it. Obviously I'm going to contact Sony to try retrieve the account in the morning but my chances of getting it back are looking to be very slim. If I cannot get it back I will start a new account but it will only be for casually playing on my PS4. If the hackers just so happens to read this thread thank you for ruining one of the only things I enjoy and I hope you have a good time playing on an account on which you haven't achieved anything.

That sucks, cryax. If you do decide to get back into trophy hunting, do it slowly until you get your flow back. Remember that trophy hunting will always be there until you return. 

No offence, but if your PSN got hacked, you obviously did something foolish on your part.... Next time treat your ID information more carefully and don't become a victim to phishing & scam techniques. 

I hope you can get your account back by contacting Sony. 

This is true, but people like hackers sometimes goad people into writing stuff about themselves which give them clues to the victim's information. Let's just see what cryax has say about it first. 

Edited by ZeroXOF

Sucks real bad man! I have gameshared in the past but all the time it was with a trusted individual.. now it's with my brother. The only other ways I think someone can steal your info is if you gave your details to said guy or you were led into some type of phishing scam. I'm extra careful with my info nowadays, hardly even give out my e-mail but I have more than one now.

Hope you get your account back, but knowing Sony.. they'll probably tell you to make a new one or the off chance that they actually get it back to you.

Edited by Cielle

I'm the friend that got hacked, which he impersonated me and got Cryax. We are currently working on getting it back. This person kept saying that if one of us calls, he locks the other to his PS3. So we are planning to call in a 30 min time period to get the fucker. I luckily saved a couple friends but if your my friend and got a message from me yesterday saying, "gameshare?" that wasn't me.

Edited by IEEE31

Luckily me and IEEE31 managed to get our accounts back but still we both know we might not have been as lucky so I strongly advise people to be very careful we sharing details and gamesharing. The individual you are sharing your details with might be very close to you and you may trust them but that doesn't mean you still cant get hacked which me and IEEE31 found out the other night. The hacker may pose as your friend and steal details that way, it sucks to know that people are low enough to do this and that the hacker didn't want even sell my account for a profit but it happens and all I can do is encourage people to be extra careful with their details. 

You may not realise how bad it is until it has happened to you, so don't let it. 

It's not really hacking if you gave them your details.

Least you got your account back and hopefully learnt a valuable lesson.

Yeah that is like "I gave a guy my car keys and he stole my car"

DON'T GAME SHARE PEOPLE. THERE IS A REASON THIS SITE SHUTS DOWN ANY THREAD ASKING TO DO IT. EVEN IF YOU KNOW THE PERSON

DON'T GAME SHARE

• Like 1

I hate how people use the term hack for everything.

Hacking is not tricking someone into giving away details. Even as far back as MSN messenger days they used to say never give out account details, you certainly don't know who's on the other end if you're giving out info via text -_-. Just don't do it.

Edited by Superbuu3
  • Like 2

I hate how people use the term hack for everything.

Hacking is not tricking someone into giving away details. Even as far back as MSN messenger days they used to say never give out account details, you certainly don't know who's on the other end if you're giving out info via text -_-. Just don't do it.

It is like the word "leak" I love how people assume that videos and news stories happen to get leaked all the time right around major events. It couldn't possibly be that the company released the story themselves and then just sat back as the Internet did this advertising for them :)

• Like 1

1. It's not hacking if you willingly volunteer your personal information. Stop calling it hacking and stop giving out your info.

2. There is way too much talk of game sharing going on in this thread. Stop talking about it like it's alright when you know the site forbids it.

3. You do a lot of stupid things. Stop doing stupid things.