Post the last trophy you earned

BDKSimba

10 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

How in the Frigg did you pull that off? I've been putting off doing this trophy for ages!

Practice makes perfect, none of the games were actually difficult in my opinion, of course the physics seemed a bit wonky at times and playing with those awful touch controls can be quite annoying.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SelectiveGamer said:

17Lc93a1c.png

Theater Enthusiast
Buy every sphere at the Luca Theater

^^^How I spent my money after... well... I'll say in a bit.

33Lf79809.png

The Eternal Calm
Defeat Yu Yevon

For some reason... the game decided to make me do the final boss twice to get the trophy. I have no freaking idea why. Yeah... okay... probably for 'revenge' for me Zanmato-ing most of the superbosses. ?

Speaking of which...

Honestly... it should have worked. My Zanmato strategy. It should have worked. It was too. UNTIL DARK YOJIMBO. HE RUINED EVERYTHING. ? I couldn't do it against him on a consistent basis. I spent 2 FREAKING HOURS one night trying to do it and could only try again for another hour before I flipped off the game and just decided to beat it. So I got the Theater trophy to 'make up for it' (though it clearly doesn't make up for it at all).

So there you go. I didn't get the Penance trophy. So no yelling at me for 'cheating.' Because you can't. Because I couldn't even unlock Penance. So hopefully everyone is satisfied now. I'm not. ?

Anyway I'm done with this game. Still another free trophy to get which I'll get to tonight. So I'm officially moving on to X-2 probably this week. This game is going to also be known as 'the death of me.' Why? Because I want the Perfect Ending and 100% Story Completion. Which you can only get on your first playthrough of the game of by beating a freaking SUPER BOSS in a dungeon FILLED WITH OTHER SUPER BOSSES. That should give you an idea of what I'm going to end up putting myself through here. If this Zanmato stuff was bad... BOY. I HAVEN'T BEEN THROUGH ANYTHING YET. ?

Anyway... there will likely be a stream of the beginning of the game (once I make sure the beginning scene/FMV isn't blocked of course) this upcoming week. So look forward to that I guess? Not that it matters. Most people hate this game. Except me apparently. But whatever. I like it. That's really all that matters.

But the real question? What does the person who defeated Sin do after doing so? Well................. ?

Hide contents

they don't become a JPOP idol. I swear.

The real deal in FFX is to fully upgrade your sphere grid for all characters, once you do that you can start capturing all monsters to complete the special creations. Once you have that and the celestial weapons you are ready to go for dark aeons, trying to Zammato all of them is really time-consuming, I kept my Zammato for Penance only, although some aeons proved to be a challenge. I got lucky with Yojimbo tbh, I feel like he let me defeat him 2 or 3 times without much effort. 

For FFX-2 if you are new to the game you could just play throughout and then use a guide for the 2nd playthrough. I believe you referred to Trema when you talk about super-bosses. All of the bosses in Via-Infinito has a strategy, but you need the right equipment, for Trema the basic is the Mascot dressphere, which is really overpowered imo, you can turn Trema's 10000HP attacks to 1000HP or even less.

Lbe0598.png

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

31L9b3946.png

Problem Solved, Series Over

Create the Ocelot Time Paradox

My 2000th trophy! When I saw that the MGS rerelease on PS3 had trophies, I knew one of them had to take this milestone, and this was the one chosen for that spot. It really speaks to the sense of humor and dev foresight that helps make Metal Gear so memorable and one of my favorite game series.

• Like 4

34L77c0ee.png

A Journey's Catalyst
View "Eternal Calm"

It's been awhile since I've seen this honestly. The 'mini-movie' that is pretty much a prequel for Final Fantasy X-2. So call it Final Fantasy X.5 or something I guess if you want. lol.

But free trophies are always nice. ?

BTW the beginning scenes of X-2 are blocked. So I did some Google/YouTube research and found a way to finally circumvent the ridiculous 'blocked scene' BS nonsense. So the stream is still on. It's just... going to be with a new method/way. What could possibly go wrong...? ?

It involves a program called OBS which is not something I'm familiar with at all and I already did some testing and hopefully resolved the issues I noticed myself. But if you are familiar with this program... feel free to message me to assist me further if you wish to do so. ?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Alderriz said:

METAL GEAR SOLID 2: SONS OF LIBERTY (PS3)

46L324156.png

:gold: Virtually Impossible 
Complete all VR and Alternative missions

I did it!

So less then 2 weeks ago I posted about this trophy on the "Skill based trophies that you gave up on" thread. (Tl;dr: I beat most of them, got stuck on MGS1 Snake hold-up missions and some other hard ones, then gave up). Then @panikooooos replied and shared some tricks, but more importantly, inspired me to come back. I had less problems with shooting guards by mistake this time. My method was to keep my thumb over the :cross: button and press :square: with the tip of it. Some other difficult missions for me were the "Protect the cardboard box" sniping mission and an elimination mission where you can't grab the guards and break their necks. In the first one you just have to try again and again. For the second one and some other missions (like Bomb Disposal ones) I looked up walktroughs by Screaming Pink on YouTube. So in the end it wasn't impossible for me.

My save file says I've spent 50 hours on beating 100% of the missions. Gotta say though, I enjoyed at least 40 of them 1f604.png

Hahahaha man I'm so proud of you :yay:, the plat is yours at this point, so glad you didn't give up and managed to overcome this difficult ass trophy, really awesome to hear, MGS2 is an awesome plat to have ??

• Like 4