Post the last trophy you earned

BDKSimba

Dark-Souls.jpg

13Lcab359.png

:silver: Covenant: Darkwraith

Discover the Darkwraith convenant

I seriously don't understand all the fuss about the Four Kings fight. I even posted an excellent setup which I used to beat them on my first try on NG and NG+ and people still say it's impossible to beat it.

On NG it's a piece of cake even if you're not well equipped. Heck, even with simple weapons, without being all OP at cycle 1 using Black Knight gear, that fight was EASY. The problem starts when your DPS isn't enough to kill a king before the next one spawns, and that's very common on later cycles.

Last time I played on my PS3 file (NG++++ IIRC), I had 4 or 5 kings around me, because my dmg output was not enough to keep them at bay. Of course, if you're well-equipped with top notch gear (maxxed occult Zweil or maxxed Ricard's Rapier (buffed with something), upgraded armor set (with decent mdef) and magic barrier/iron flesh), this could be, yet again, another easy fight.

Every time I went to that battle past NG+ I used Iron Flesh, a mix between Stone and Havel gear (since 4k deal poise damage depending on proximity), Black Knight Shield and Black Knight Halberd. By abusing poise and defense (stone and havel), it gets easy to just tank the attacks and heal if you need to (really, your poise will be very, very hard to break). Iron Flesh can be replaced with Havel Shield's buff, but it drains too much durability on the shield, and it heavily increases your load just by having it equipped.

Dark-Souls.jpg

25L1cb7a3.png

:bronze: Fire Weapon

Acquire the best weapon through fire reinforcement

On NG it's a piece of cake even if you're not well equipped. Heck, even with simple weapons, without being all OP at cycle 1 using Black Knight gear, that fight was EASY. The problem starts when your DPS isn't enough to kill a king before the next one spawns, and that's very common on later cycles.

Last time I played on my PS3 file (NG++++ IIRC), I had 4 or 5 kings around me, because my dmg output was not enough to keep them at bay. Of course, if you're well-equipped with top notch gear (maxxed occult Zweil or maxxed Ricard's Rapier (buffed with something), upgraded armor set (with decent mdef) and magic barrier/iron flesh), this could be, yet again, another easy fight.

Every time I went to that battle past NG+ I used Iron Flesh, a mix between Stone and Havel gear (since 4k deal poise damage depending on proximity), Black Knight Shield and Black Knight Halberd. By abusing poise and defense (stone and havel), it gets easy to just tank the attacks and heal if you need to (really, your poise will be very, very hard to break). Iron Flesh can be replaced with Havel Shield's buff, but it drains too much durability on the shield, and it heavily increases your load just by having it equipped.

I normally play through the game with light and medium armor, but for this fight I equip Havel's armor for the poise boost so I can hammer away at the boss while healing once in a while. With the Mask of the Child and the Grass Crest Shield my stamina regen is greatly increased. I prefer a Claymore +15 with a great magic weapon buff, when wielded two-handed I can kill a king and heal (+ rebuff when necessary) before the next king appears.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 2

White Knight Chronicles II

7L3e02a2.png

Silver Plaque
Proof of completing 20 monster-slaying quests.
A special award bestowed by the Adventurer's Guild.

Yes. Post-server shutdown playthrough. And aiming towards the platinum. 220 hours in, nothing compared to my 1k+ savefile in Disgaea 2

Had to take a break from character training (59) and go for guild tasks, mainly GP (since I'm at GR16). Need to get to GR20 ASAP since I'm nearly done with the 2nd story (currently need 6.138.969 GP) and I'd like to hit lv 80 ASAP, but the "fastest" way I've found is a 5-min run that gives 17.5k GP every time, to aprox. 210k GP in an hour, which means I could potentially reach GR20 in... 351 runs (or nearly 30 hours non-stop), unless I find another fast quest/method that takes less than 15 minutes per run and gives more than 55k GP.

After that, there's a loooooooooooooooooong grindfest towards GR30, and that's 56.750.000 GP, from GR20 all the way up to cap. If that sounds boring, then you never played Shin Megami Tensei: IMAGINE, where getting from lv96 to lv97 was the same as training a character from lv1 all the way to 96 (in terms of TOTAL EXP).

• Like 1