Post Your NYMHC Failures

simula67

25 minutes ago, Alexgaara said:

I'd like to say thank you to everyone who has posted in this thread, each and every one of your post was helpful, be it for good strats to use, mistakes to avoid, tips against freezes and such, all these knowledge definitely helped me get through this with as little trouble as possible.

Finished NYMHC yesterday, took me 2 runs.

First one I reached chapter 7, and sadly the game glitched on me (I was playing online at that time). More info in the lengthy spoiler.

Reveal hidden contents

After the first part, once you go down the ledge and through the fence, the guy coming from the door didn't spawn, so I knew I was probably fucked.

Kept on going anyway, not much enemies spawning and once I reached the indoor area where you're pulled by a chain, there was no textures loaded, and the cutscene didn't trigger (I opened the door and went inside the building without it starting). So I paused the game, let the textures load correctly, and went back through the door, at which point the cutscene did start.
After killing everyone during the pulley sequence I kept on going as normal, but once inside the room where there's supposed to be an ammo bag and enemies spawning on the other side, well, there wasn't anything. Lost 3 minutes going around, trying different stuff, and then I resigned, I knew I was fucked so I went back to the very top  of the sequence and shootdodged my way back to the bottom of the building, thinking that would be the end of it. Strangely enough, the game didn't kill me, almost though, so I took a painkiller and went the way you're supposed to to continue, with no enemies anywhere of course.

Got back outside of the building, no textures again, so I paused the game which did the trick again and went for the double door, cutscene started so I had some hope to somehow salvage this run. Cutscene ends and I can't move anymore, let the game idle for a minute at which point I regained control, so I kept going as usual.
Reached the placed with the guy with the flare gun and the one going up the stairs, killed neither, and on the next part there was only one enemy, so I said to myself "surely I'm fucked", but no, I still managed to continue.

Fast forward to the end of the chapter, with the molotov guy and everything, first batch of guys was there, but the following ones weren't so I just ran through it, dropped down the ledge, and surely enough there wasn't even the RPG guy, so I went to the end of the level. At this point the game pulled me back to the ledge sequence with the RPG who had finally spawn, destroyed the rocket and ran through the end I already did earlier.

End of chapter, I was thinking I had somehow avoided this run ending because of a glitch, so I press X to load chapter 8.
5 minutes later, still loading. 10 minutes later the game somehow managed to load chapter 8, I was thinking the glitch was behind me, surely enough the game had reset everything that was having issue because of chapter 7.

So i go through the first part of chapter 8, and then comes the cutscene where you have to shoot the van driver, except there wasn't any van to be seen.
Pretty much knew I was fucked, but I shot randomly to where I thought the driver would be if he was invisible or something. Didn't do the trick, the game reoladed the cutscene, with the van this time, and I had no control over the fact that I was gonna be run over.

I seriously thought, for a short time, that the glitch was behind me ^^
I also had a weird thing on that run, on chapter 6-2, after killing the very last enemy and getting the kill cam, turned out he wasn't really dead and he almost got me. I think that was a sign of what was to come.

Did my second run offline after what happened with chapter 7, and I somehow clutched it even though chapter 13 was out to get me (more info about the run in the spoiler).

Reveal hidden contents

Run went pretty smoothly, had a close call in chapter 10, in the section after killing the first 2 snipers, with a bus in a middle.
I kept getting shot by someone I couldn't see, who was shooting me from behind the bus, used 3 painkillers because of that. Was left with 1 painkiller after this sequence so I focused hard for the rest of the chapter and it went alright.

Then came chapter 13. That was a shitshow.
Got flanked in the room before the APC, ended up using 3 painkillers because I wasn't careful enough, but that was my fault so no worries.

Got out of the room, APC time, waited for it to stop shooting, went for the left RPG as I usually do, waited again for it to stop shooting, aimed down sight, and fired. Except the game was having none of that, and I couldn't fire the RPG.
So I cycled through another APC set of shots, tried again, surely enough I couldn't fire again.
So I took back my SMG (to drop the RPG), then took back the RPG, at which point the APC started firing again, and even though I was behind cover I got shot and somehow made it through with like 30% of health left!

Still, the RPG wouldn't fire... Went for the right one, and, of course, it wouldn't fire either. Thought I was shit out of luck, but then I remembered someone having the same issue, and saying he managed to fire the RPG after switching to his pistol and then back to the RPG, and this time it worked!
So after that I went back to grab the left RPG to shoot the guys coming in, which obviously didn't fire, again! At that point I lost my cool cause I never killed those guys other than with the RPG. I wasn't even sure if those cars could explode or not, so I took my SMG and ran back to the very first cover, got destroyed on my way there, used my last painkiller, cried a little.

Thankfully my aim was on point and I managed to kill every one of those guys without losing more than 40% of my health.
Obviously I wanted to go through the next section carefully, but I completely botched my shots on the next 3 guys, which thankfully didn't manage to kill me, reached the locker room, and finally had some painkillers back.
The rest of the chapter somehow went smoothly. Still, I had 20 minutes left at the beginning of the chapter, ended at 13 minutes ^^

Beast!

Could have sworn it hasn‘t taken you more than 5 attempts when i saw your name in this thread, but 2 attempts is really impressive?

Edited by Ghost-TeamX

5 hours ago, Ghost-TeamX said:

Beast!

Could have sworn it hasn‘t taken you more than 5 attempts when i saw your name in this thread, but 2 attempts is really impressive1f604.png

Haha, thanks mate ?

I got quite lucky on my winning run though, it defnitely could've taken me more time otherwise.

And your strat on chapter 13 might've saved my ass on my run! ^^ (the one where you stay near the filing cabinet on the right, in the room where the enemies come from the elevator)

6 hours ago, Alexgaara said:

I'd like to say thank you to everyone who has posted in this thread, each and every one of your post was helpful, be it for good strats to use, mistakes to avoid, tips against freezes and such, all these knowledge definitely helped me get through this with as little trouble as possible.

Finished NYMHC yesterday, took me 2 runs.

First one I reached chapter 7, and sadly the game glitched on me (I was playing online at that time). More info in the lengthy spoiler.

Reveal hidden contents

After the first part, once you go down the ledge and through the fence, the guy coming from the door didn't spawn, so I knew I was probably fucked.

Kept on going anyway, not much enemies spawning and once I reached the indoor area where you're pulled by a chain, there was no textures loaded, and the cutscene didn't trigger (I opened the door and went inside the building without it starting). So I paused the game, let the textures load correctly, and went back through the door, at which point the cutscene did start.
After killing everyone during the pulley sequence I kept on going as normal, but once inside the room where there's supposed to be an ammo bag and enemies spawning on the other side, well, there wasn't anything. Lost 3 minutes going around, trying different stuff, and then I resigned, I knew I was fucked so I went back to the very top  of the sequence and shootdodged my way back to the bottom of the building, thinking that would be the end of it. Strangely enough, the game didn't kill me, almost though, so I took a painkiller and went the way you're supposed to to continue, with no enemies anywhere of course.

Got back outside of the building, no textures again, so I paused the game which did the trick again and went for the double door, cutscene started so I had some hope to somehow salvage this run. Cutscene ends and I can't move anymore, let the game idle for a minute at which point I regained control, so I kept going as usual.
Reached the placed with the guy with the flare gun and the one going up the stairs, killed neither, and on the next part there was only one enemy, so I said to myself "surely I'm fucked", but no, I still managed to continue.

Fast forward to the end of the chapter, with the molotov guy and everything, first batch of guys was there, but the following ones weren't so I just ran through it, dropped down the ledge, and surely enough there wasn't even the RPG guy, so I went to the end of the level. At this point the game pulled me back to the ledge sequence with the RPG who had finally spawn, destroyed the rocket and ran through the end I already did earlier.

End of chapter, I was thinking I had somehow avoided this run ending because of a glitch, so I press X to load chapter 8.
5 minutes later, still loading. 10 minutes later the game somehow managed to load chapter 8, I was thinking the glitch was behind me, surely enough the game had reset everything that was having issue because of chapter 7.

So i go through the first part of chapter 8, and then comes the cutscene where you have to shoot the van driver, except there wasn't any van to be seen.
Pretty much knew I was fucked, but I shot randomly to where I thought the driver would be if he was invisible or something. Didn't do the trick, the game reoladed the cutscene, with the van this time, and I had no control over the fact that I was gonna be run over.

I seriously thought, for a short time, that the glitch was behind me ^^
I also had a weird thing on that run, on chapter 6-2, after killing the very last enemy and getting the kill cam, turned out he wasn't really dead and he almost got me. I think that was a sign of what was to come.

Did my second run offline after what happened with chapter 7, and I somehow clutched it even though chapter 13 was out to get me (more info about the run in the spoiler).

Reveal hidden contents

Run went pretty smoothly, had a close call in chapter 10, in the section after killing the first 2 snipers, with a bus in a middle.
I kept getting shot by someone I couldn't see, who was shooting me from behind the bus, used 3 painkillers because of that. Was left with 1 painkiller after this sequence so I focused hard for the rest of the chapter and it went alright.

Then came chapter 13. That was a shitshow.
Got flanked in the room before the APC, ended up using 3 painkillers because I wasn't careful enough, but that was my fault so no worries.

Got out of the room, APC time, waited for it to stop shooting, went for the left RPG as I usually do, waited again for it to stop shooting, aimed down sight, and fired. Except the game was having none of that, and I couldn't fire the RPG.
So I cycled through another APC set of shots, tried again, surely enough I couldn't fire again.
So I took back my SMG (to drop the RPG), then took back the RPG, at which point the APC started firing again, and even though I was behind cover I got shot and somehow made it through with like 30% of health left!

Still, the RPG wouldn't fire... Went for the right one, and, of course, it wouldn't fire either. Thought I was shit out of luck, but then I remembered someone having the same issue, and saying he managed to fire the RPG after switching to his pistol and then back to the RPG, and this time it worked!
So after that I went back to grab the left RPG to shoot the guys coming in, which obviously didn't fire, again! At that point I lost my cool cause I never killed those guys other than with the RPG. I wasn't even sure if those cars could explode or not, so I took my SMG and ran back to the very first cover, got destroyed on my way there, used my last painkiller, cried a little.

Thankfully my aim was on point and I managed to kill every one of those guys without losing more than 40% of my health.
Obviously I wanted to go through the next section carefully, but I completely botched my shots on the next 3 guys, which thankfully didn't manage to kill me, reached the locker room, and finally had some painkillers back.
The rest of the chapter somehow went smoothly. Still, I had 20 minutes left at the beginning of the chapter, ended at 13 minutes ^^

Congratulations, it is definitely a relief once it's over. Completing it in two tries is also quite impressive. It is largely luck based but there is still some skill and strategy involved. Glad to see that all of the tips and tricks were of use to you. NYMH would actually have been really fun to playthrough over and over again if it wasn't for the glitches and the bugs which make it not worth the effort. It's too bad because it really is a great mode.  

16 hours ago, z99f said:

Congratulations, it is definitely a relief once it's over. Completing it in two tries is also quite impressive. It is largely luck based but there is still some skill and strategy involved. Glad to see that all of the tips and tricks were of use to you. NYMH would actually have been really fun to playthrough over and over again if it wasn't for the glitches and the bugs which make it not worth the effort. It's too bad because it really is a great mode.  

Oh for sure, I consider myself a hell of a lot lucky with my runs!

Finished my hardcore playthrough yesterday (didn't do it earlier cause I didn't want to get the bad habit of using shootdodge too much), and I had 3 glitches that would've been run killers in NYMHC. One where I couldn't fire during a last man standing (and I'm sure I had ammo); another one on chapter 9 where you have to shoot 2 guys out of the helicopter and then the rocket, I couldn't aim, moving the joystick did absolutely nothing; and the last one a bit later where the game simply crashed.

All I could think about during those was that I was glad it didn't happen during NYMHC ?

Gotta agree with you though, had they ironed out all of those issues, this would've been a great mode to run from time to time. The gameplay is great, the level designs and locations are really cool, I don't feel bored going through the story after 5 times already; but sadly as it stands I feel it's more luck based than anything, sure you need some skills, but you could bring your A game for the game to screw you over some stupid glitches if it wants to.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2021 at 6:41 PM, Sisik2205 said:

What an adventure it is! List of failures (so far):

1. Chapter 2, missed the 1st rocket, good start

2. Chapter 6 I, when the afro dude is hiding, enemies threw two grenades at me at the same time. Avoided them, but afro guy didn't ... what a noob

3. Chapter 11, that one made me cry. After the zipline, the enemies dispersed in a way they never previously did. Killed all but one and when I tried to find him he got me from behind. Entered last stand in the middle of the door and could not kill him ;_;

4. Chapter 9, missed the rocket ... I hate it when the reticle changes to red, you shoot but it's like nah, just die already

5. Chapter 5 II, killed the girl on the boat ... the reticle was perfectly aimed at an enemy so I guess she must have jumped in front of him to protect his life ... Stockholm Syndrome much?

6. Chapter 8, got killed by the shotgun guy through a van, shotgun stronk. Couldn't even see the guy in last stand so yeah, nope.

7. Chapter 6 II, died on the 2nd guy because fooking Max obscures the whole line of sight with his hand.

8. Chapter 9, my fingers went dumb during the final QTE and I've pressed L2 R2 L2 in a very quick succession, but the game registered it as my will to get beheaded

TBC ...

Edit: Just kidding, got it on my 9th try, your turn!

Luck, Persistence, Skill ... in that order.

On my successful run I've been a millisecond from failing during chapter 12 when you're behind a cover with all the laser guys coming out of the elevator. Entered last stand and could not find an enemy due to the smoke. Suddenly I've found a red dot, but it disappeared right after. Spent a few seconds trying to pinpoint it again and bam, got all sweaty, nervous and shaky afterwards but man it feels good. No ratalaika will ever give you such emotions :v 

Congrats!! And I agree, it is in that order, you don't have to be very good, just persistent and lucky :)

On my 4th attempt i died in chepter 14 diuring last battle i was granaded by the kind of a boos. Totaly my 9th run was the lucky one and i did it. What i would recomend is tu rush until chepter 12 get as muche time as you can i had there 23minutes of backup and then take yourse time. Pick cornera and aim to the head. Good luck to everyone. 

• Like 2

I want to stab the developer that decided to add a trophy for this mode 28 times and drink his blood afterwards. Fate and any spiritual thing are against me on my runs everyday. My personal best is dying at the end of chapter 13’s boss fight because of rushing (I got 1 min left.) And in another run, my game froze before the LMG guy in chapter 13. I had 5 painkillers + 9:30 time left when the goddamn device froze... Afterwards I had ridiculous fails last 2 days.

-Dying at the beginning of chapter 10 by the sniper. I had 20 mins left. Concentration loss.

-Killed myself accidently in chapter 5.

Today I lost 2 runs in row because of... PASSOS...

-In chapter 11, at some point noone spawned. I thought I killed everybody. I moved forward and paused. When I came back, the guys spawned and a cutscene of this s.o.b dying started. I had 19 mins left and I never died in chapter 11 (will surely die soon xd)

-In chapter 8, I don’t know how. This sob managed to get killed at the end. 

In every run, either I died so simple with a concentration loss or a system failure like the screen freezing or alternate fails starting. My guess is Giovanna dying soon for pissing myself. My pain after all the fails is worse than DarkViperAU’s OHKO run fails. Because I keep better everytime but there will always be something wrong. I guess I should leave this until august when I am more available. The time I wasted for these runs ruins my life at the moment. xD

Edited by Denizcankaya97
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Denizcankaya97 said:

I want to stab the developer that decided to add a trophy for this mode 28 times and drink his blood afterwards. Fate and any spiritual thing are against me on my runs everyday. My personal best is dying at the end of chapter 13’s boss fight because of rushing (I got 1 min left.) And in another run, my game froze before the LMG guy in chapter 13. I had 5 painkillers + 9:30 time left when the goddamn device froze... Afterwards I had ridiculous fails last 2 days.

-Dying at the beginning of chapter 10 by the sniper. I had 20 mins left. Concentration loss.

-Killed myself accidently in chapter 5.

Today I lost 2 runs in row because of... PASSOS...

-In chapter 11, at some point noone spawned. I thought I killed everybody. I moved forward and paused. When I came back, the guys spawned and a cutscene of this s.o.b dying started. I had 19 mins left and I never died in chapter 11 (will surely die soon xd)

-In chapter 8, I don’t know how. This sob managed to get killed at the end. 

In every run, either I died so simple with a concentration loss or a system failure like the screen freezing or alternate fails starting. My guess is Giovanna dying soon for pissing myself. My pain after all the fails is worse than DarkViperAU’s OHKO run fails. Because I keep better everytime but there will always be something wrong. I guess I should leave this until august when I am more available. The time I wasted for these runs ruins my life at the moment. xD

Yes, this is the problem with this mode. The trophy itself really isn't that difficult to do as the game difficulty is set to normal and there is an abundance of time to work with. The real issues, and the ones that I think prevent many people from getting this trophy, are all the bugs and glitches. If the mode worked properly, then this wouldn't have been difficult to pull off. People just don't want to dump hours into a particular mode just to have it riddled with glitches, bugs, and freezes. I can completely understand why people decide to stay away from this. The favela section in C7 tends to not load-in properly, and C13 has the notorious LMG guy freeze (as you've pointed out). Both of these happen midway to late in the run. As I've mentioned before, all of this is unfortunate as it is quite a fun mode when it works properly. 

Anyway, don't give up. You will get there soon. Just a matter of luck. Keep at it! 

• Like 2

1) Chapter 2 - invicible rocket from launcher while chopper sequence.

2) Chapter 6 - Killed accidentaly with grenade in third room.

3) Chapter 10 - Killed by grenade again in bus gas station

4) Chapter 8 - killed don't know why. After custscene in sqeuence when you are on a chain textures doesn't load up. After custcene I've got only DIED screen. Looks like a some kind of glitch.

I tend to die from weird shit I never did in Hard, Score Attack or Challenge mode....

1. Chapter 3 - Killed in the sports shop because I ran out of ammo for LMS. No more dual wield. Ever;

2. Chapter 3 - Killed legitimately in the bleachers;

3. Chapter 6-2 - Missed a shot and because Max is burned and half dead it doesn't take much for him to die;

4. Chapter 4-2 - I shot Passos in the head while late shootdodging just before the chop shop;

5. Chapter 5-2 - Shot Fabiana in the face on the back of the boat. I was 100% sure I didn't do that;

6. Chapter 2 - Shootdodged all the way off the side of a building;

7. Chapter 4-2 - Killed in the chop shop - this was always a rough part for me until I figured it out the best strategy;

8. Chapter 3 - Killed in the shop again ran out of ammo in LMS. Resigned to never ever use a shotgun again;

9. Chapter 3 - A guy threw a grenade in the VIP room right as I shootdodged;

10. Chapter 3 - Killed in the bleachers again LMS didn't even trigger. Why do I keep dying here it's not even that bad?

11. Chapter 5-1 - Killed in the large fight just outside the docks. They can spread out pretty wide here, chuck grenades and flank you as I found out;

12. Chapter 2 - Turns out the girl gets shot pretty quick at the end of the walkway if you miss a shot;

13. Chapter 10 - Inside the bus repair shop. They flank you pretty fast here and got killed;

14. Chapter 6-1 - I can't believe this, I missed the driver of the jeep (which I have never done) and got run over had 12 minutes on the clock;

15. Chapter 10 - Last fight, couldn't see the guy who shot me through the smoke had over 15 minutes on the clock, but my performance right though this chapter was really sloppy;

I think it's doable, you just have to see your progress as you get better and further and learn from your mistakes. I'll keep at it.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Shady_Wombat said:

I tend to die from weird shit I never did in Hard, Score Attack or Challenge mode....

1. Chapter 3 - Killed in the sports shop because I ran out of ammo for LMS. No more dual wield. Ever;

2. Chapter 3 - Killed legitimately in the bleachers;

3. Chapter 6-2 - Missed a shot and because Max is burned and half dead it doesn't take much for him to die;

4. Chapter 4-2 - I shot Passos in the head while late shootdodging just before the chop shop;

5. Chapter 5-2 - Shot Fabiana in the face on the back of the boat. I was 100% sure I didn't do that;

6. Chapter 2 - Shootdodged all the way off the side of a building;

7. Chapter 4-2 - Killed in the chop shop - this was always a rough part for me until I figured it out the best strategy;

8. Chapter 3 - Killed in the shop again ran out of ammo in LMS. Resigned to never ever use a shotgun again;

9. Chapter 3 - A guy threw a grenade in the VIP room right as I shootdodged;

10. Chapter 3 - Killed in the bleachers again LMS didn't even trigger. Why do I keep dying here it's not even that bad?

11. Chapter 5-1 - Killed in the large fight just outside the docks. They can spread out pretty wide here, chuck grenades and flank you as I found out;

12. Chapter 2 - Turns out the girl gets shot pretty quick at the end of the walkway if you miss a shot;

13. Chapter 10 - Inside the bus repair shop. They flank you pretty fast here and got killed;

14. Chapter 6-1 - I can't believe this, I missed the driver of the jeep (which I have never done) and got run over had 12 minutes on the clock;

15. Chapter 10 - Last fight, couldn't see the guy who shot me through the smoke had over 15 minutes on the clock, but my performance right though this chapter was really sloppy;

I think it's doable, you just have to see your progress as you get better and further and learn from your mistakes. I'll keep at it.

Based on the failures you've posted, I recommend hardly ever using shoot dodge because it leaves you vulnerable at the end of it, you should only shoot dodge if you know where every enemy spawns in the section you're playing. Otherwise do the mode with traditional methods such as using cover all the time, in my full successful run I don't think I ever used shoot dodge more than 3 times. Shoot dodge wastes your bullet time meter, it's better to save that and instead use bullet time for better head shot accuracy.

I also looked at your trophies to see that you haven't earned the trophy for beating the game on Hardcore. I recommend you complete the game on Hardcore with free aim before you attempt NYMHC, it really helps because the damage enemies do to you on Hardcore absolutely shits on the NYMHC damage, also bullet time in Hardcore is more limited so it feels like your NYMHC bullet time lasts forever in comparison. All your playthroughs before NYMHC are good training before you try to do NYMHC because you'll learn where painkillers are and how the enemies spawn.

Otherwise some of your failures are coming from last stand not working out for you, always use a painkiller whenever you take more than 50% damage to your health, it's not worth trying to fight with low health, some last stands put you in awkward positions where it's impossible to shoot the enemy that put you into it.

Edited by Sergen

2fd77kn.jpeg

My 3rd time freezing here. This time I wanted to leave the enemy at the left side. In my 2 previous fails at the same place, an enemy from the right side was the last guy to kill. I guess there is no solution for this. Sadly the idiot bug didn’t occur only once in one of my first attempts and that was unfortunately during the time I was a rookie comparing to this attempt. 7 painkillers, more than 18 minutes. Goddamn Freeze Payne 3.... The game that hardwork is not accepted.

Edited by Denizcankaya97

3 hours ago, SkyTheB1RD said:

Oh man, that is madness. Did you play with the latest patch or disc version 1.0?

I played with disc version. I always play offline and disable golden guns. I need to know what I should do for avoiding this freezing problem in that chapter. In this run, I rushed to right side immediately and managed to kill the 2 enemies in the offices because I’ve heard that killing one of them at last caused that problem. But yeah it still froze. Right now, I need another solution. It better be another in game method. Because at least for once the game didn’t freeze. Otherwise that means I have to either do some hardware related thing or delete my game and restart all over... Here is my situation right now xD

125duo1.png

Edited by Denizcankaya97
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Denizcankaya97 said:

I played with disc version. I always play offline and disable golden guns. I need to know what I should do for avoiding this freezing problem in that chapter. In this run, I rushed to right side immediately and managed to kill the 2 enemies in the offices because I’ve heard that killing one of them at last caused that problem. But yeah it still froze. Right now, I need another solution. It better be another in game method. Because at least for once the game didn’t freeze. Otherwise that means I have to either do some hardware related thing or delete my game and restart all over... Here is my situation right now xD

125duo1.png

I froze 4 times in that same spot, all 4 times it froze were when I used an assault rifle to kill the last enemy before the LMG guy spawned. The time where it didn't freeze was when I let the last enemy come out of his office into the main area where you start the fight. I then shot him in the body until he fell over and kicked him while he was down until he died. Otherwise I recommend using only pistols in that room to kill every enemy. Good luck, the first time I beat the LMG guy is the run where I finished the whole game, so hopefully the nerves don't get the better of you when you pass the section. I guess another thing I noticed was also that there were textures that needed time to load before I went into the room, so I waited over a minute before entering and starting the fight in my successful run. 

You don't have to reformat the system and delete your save or any of that nonsense, nobody has proven that to work, this section of the game is just absurdly glitchy and it takes luck to get past it without a glitch screwing you over. I had the freeze on both digital and disc so that also makes no difference. Whatever trophy hunters say about avoiding glitches is all speculation without evidence, I simply believe you need good RNG and a lot of the time you can't do anything else to stop it. But try my pistol/melee method and get back to me next time you get to this section, then we might be onto something. Good luck! 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 1

in all the times I played the game I never had it freeze in chapter 13

one time it didn't load/spawn enemies in chapter 7 (or 9) and I had to quit out and reload checkpoint. but that wasn't on any of my nymhc runs either

I always played offline and with golden guns on. I was on the digital version too

it really seems random/luck based

Finally did it after 1 fail in final boss fight and another classical freeze in chapter 13! Damn that run was my most stressful moment in my entire gaming life. On my winning run, I meleed the last guy before the lmg guy in chapter 13. Then I was almost hit by Becker’s grenade at the end. That was damn a close call. By the way during the attempt that I died by Becker, I had an aim-locking problem since chapter 7. Many times Max suddenly aimed somewhere without me pressing any button. That problem can not be solved unless you restart your game. I just tried to avoid that with changing the weapon or pausing my game everytime. Even if I managed to avoid randomly aiming, it then came back again and again. And the moment that this goddamn randomly aiming started in final boss fight ruined everything. I got hit by many enemies, last man stands began, almost all my painkillers were wasted... And at that moment I missed what Becker was about to do. That was a painful fail but I managed to get him next time. xD

Edited by Denizcankaya97
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Denizcankaya97 said:

Finally did it after 1 fail in final boss fight and another classical freeze in chapter 13! Damn that run was my most stressful moment in my entire gaming life. On my winning run, I meleed the last guy before the lmg guy in chapter 13. Then I was almost hit by Becker’s grenade at the end. That was damn a close call. By the way during the attempt that I died by Becker, I had an aim-locking problem since chapter 7. Many times Max suddenly aimed somewhere without me pressing any button. That problem can not be solved unless you restart your game. I just tried to avoid that with changing the weapon or pausing my game everytime. Even if I managed to avoid randomly aiming, it then came back again and again. And the moment that this goddamn randomly aiming started in final boss fight ruined everything. I got hit by many enemies, last man stands began, almost all my painkillers were wasted... And at that moment I missed what Becker was about to do. That was a painful fail but I managed to get him next time. xD

Congrats! That will definitely be a weight off your shoulders now. For the most part, I did not find it very stressful as I had played through the game multiple times before. The only stressful part is C13 as you never know if it'll freeze at the LMG guy or not. It's a couple hours wasted if it decides to freeze there... how unfortunate. On the bright side, at least you won't need to play through NYMH again. 

Edited by z99f
  • Like 1

How often can golden guns destroy your run by making the game freeze or glichies...?

What's the most related sections that can glich and how to avoid?

Can i turn on or off golden guns in the middle of the run?

I completed NYM a few minutes agoo,and played everything within golden guns deactivate

@Sergen you seems to know a lot of things about max Payne 3,you know anything abouut this ?