Post Your NYMHC Failures

simula67

Yesterday I died in the office building because the truck ran over me. Couldn't believe it. I had never died there before

Never give up bro! You'll get there! 

In Chapter 13 in the offices room with the heavy, if you go to the left of the room and take cover your game will freeze! It happened to me twice so watch out for that!

Edited by willmill97

fail 1: QTE didn't appear at end of chapter 9...

fail 2: chapter 7 glitch...couldn't get through door...

fail 3: chapter 12 i believe, no heavy armor police in office; unable to proceed...

fail 4: final boss, killed by grenade...

tips:

rack up as many melee/explosive kills in chapters 1-4...i had over 14 minutes by chapter 5...did chapters 1+2 using only melee & explosive kills...having extra time in some of the more difficult parts means you can afford to lay back a little and pick off the guys one at a time...

in chapter 10 aim for the vehicles as a priority...i blew up one car in the middle-right side and everything around it blew up finishing the chapter and adding over 4 minutes to my time...

get to know where all the painkillers are and don't wait till you have a fraction of health to use them...

use bullet time effectively...get camera angle facing enemy, quickly press R3, headshot, R3 again, next enemy, repeat...avoid long uses if possible...

there is no need to do this in one sitting...i have a busy life so did it in 2-hour segments whenever i had a bit of spare time...i think my successful run took me 3 days to complete...yes, it means i had to leave my ps3 on and at the pause screen in the middle of a run...

final tip: have fun...i really, really, really liked this mode...if they made it co-op i would give up helping with gta iv co-op and do this exclusively...if you're not having fun then consider taking a break or see a failed run as experience in building up your skill level...i did chapters 1-4 about 30 times to perfect a route in getting as much time built up as possible (getting melee and explosive kills as mentioned above)...keep in mind that it will require a certain degree of experience to complete...i found it pretty easy to complete NYMHC as it was my final trophy to %100 but recently picked up the game again and couldn't even pass the first 4 guys in chapter one without taking serious damage...

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

After 4 straight days of attempting this, I made it !!! I finally made it! Woot!  A few of the notable attempts I remember:

Day 1,

Attempt #01 : Chapter 8:    At the sniper, I realized I ran out of ammo.  Argh!!! Maybe I can melee the dude. BAM!!!

Attempt #02 : Chapter 5-1: Near the docks, somehow got shot up unexpectedly because I was in a hurry after the last fail. Sigh.

Attempt #03 : Chapter 7:    Game crashed.  UGH UGH UGH. Tired of this. Bed time.

Day 2,

Attempt #03 : Chapter 13:  Right after the sliding cart, the sniper doesn't die after like 30 bullets fired. One hit killed, no last stand. WTF?!?!? :(

Attempt #04 : Chapter 6-2: Enemy hiding where I can't shoot him and then suddenly I die... URGH. Remember to use Bullettime excessively, me...

Attempt #05 : Chapter 13:  Final enemy with no painkillers, stupid AC unit tricked me and fell, but then he somehow shot me anyway! NOOOOO!!!

Attempt #06:  Chapter 11:  Shoot dodged myself off the yacht... Seriously Max, you can't effing swim? Lol...

Attempt #07:  Chapter 10:  Very end.  Stray grenade kills me and I never saw it... Great. Another area I need to be afraid of.....

Day 3,

Attempt #08:  Chapter 10: Second area, seriously game?? Three random grenades in 3 seconds??? This never happened before. BS!!!

Attempt #09:  Chapter 13: Elevator with laser guys. 0.01 seconds after they emerge, BOOM and smoke. Last stand can't find enemy. COME ON.

Attempt #10:  Chapter 7:   Rocket guy near the end.  One bullet in current clip and the reload takes 100 years. Slow mo death... SERIOUSLY!?!??!

Attempt #11:  Chapter 1:   Car explosion killed me??? This game is just messing with me now... I mean for real.... LOL!

Attempt #12:  Chapter 13: Blew myself up with grenade launcher.  Wow. Just, wow. Unbelievable.

Day 4,

Attempt #13:  DING!  (several close calls on chapter 14, stuff thats never happened before somehow happened...)

Hopefully others won't die by learning from my failures.

Edited by B1rvine
  • Like 4

• 2 months later...

1: Chapter 7

Near the end sequence I stayed in cover for a few seconds after killing 4 enemies. It was silent so I left cover and then WHACK. Molotov! Dead in less than a second.

2: Chapter 2

End of the chapter, the game glitched and the door wasn't open to enter the stairwell. 

3: Chapter 14

Becker's grenade blew me out of cover into ragdoll mode. Then he shoots another grenade immediately afterwards as I'm laying helplessly on the ground.

I felt nothing but frustration and anger as I saw that grenade flying towards me. Too many wasted hours and efforts.

4: Chapter 7

After killing the flare enemy and the enemy that runs up the stairs, nobody else spawned and eventually I fell through the world and the game kicked me out to the menu.

5: Chapter 13

During the APC section after getting out of cover to grab the LAW, I usually flick down on the analog stick to get out of cover, but OF COURSE I have to mix it up a bit. So instead I hit Square to leave cover, I literally went blank, started getting stuck behind the cover and after 5 seconds of running into the barrier I still decided to go grab the LAW. Gunned down in 2 shots from the APC. 

6: Chapter 9

Apparently you are not allowed to double tap the commands at the QTE... oops

7: Successful run. Although Becker once again knocked me into ragdoll, I freaked out and started to shootdodge left and right non-stop until everybody died. 

Edited by Some_Nuisance
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

dang you guys put me to shame im still stuck on NYM mode wish me luck i love max payne but these trophies really are a payne (pun intended) i never understood how this trophy was made a silver rockstar has a sick way of saying alot of effort and a minimal reward is earned 

Arghh!!

Chapter 2:

I failed to shoot the RPG missile in bullet time and the helicopter exploded. I never died there ever across my previous Playthroughs!

Chapter6:

Was doing very well. Had about 9 mins total until some dude throws a grenade, and kills the kid that reboots the system. I couldn't do shit! It was out of my hands as soon as the dude lobbed it. Talk about unlucky :(

Chapter 5:

Some dude on the boat shot me and the boat moved behind a wooden pillar right before i went to final stand. I had about 7 painkillers.. was doing so well..

Chapter 7:

The part where the building is collapsing. I shot everyone and I was sure since i got a bulletcam.. Then from behind a shelf, a dude pops out and insta kills me. This place is dangerous because there are no painkillers. Arhghhh I'm so done at this point. Why am I doing this..

Chapter 10:

Ffs... I was on the bus and instead of shooting the middle guy first with the RPG I shot the dude on the left and was immediately blown up... I should've used bullet time and aimed in the middle. I really hate this. I'm glad I can vent my frustrations.

Chapter 10

Again.. Lmaoo This time i got shot behind a bus outside with the fuel station.. I apparently got shot through the window by a guy from the other side and of course... I couldn't see him or shoot him.

Chapter 10

Lol!!! I died again in chapter 10! This time a dude a lobbed a grenade. I immediately rolled out of cover and tried to shoot Dodge away but a guy caught me with a bullet so I went final stand.. Of course the grenade blew up beside me. I swear the game hates me :(. Three times in a row I've died in chptr 10. Gee I wonder what stage I'll die in again..

Chapter 3:

I died after I shoot dodged down the stairs on the stadium..

Chapter 4:

I was out of it. I shot passos by accident.

Chapter 7:

Two molotovs came raining down at me while i was in bullet time. Slow roast mmm..

Chapter 7:

FML.. I died by a slow mo RPG near the end.. Why? Because I freakin had no ammo in the clip and I couldn't switch to another weapon. Another slo mow death. %##$ this game. The crap we do for trophies

Chapter 7:

The game hates me. Enemies didn't respawn so it glitched on me and couldn't anything about it. Great..

Edited by poopooblast
  • Like 2

Arghh!!

Chapter 2:

I failed to shoot the RPG missile in bullet time and the helicopter exploded. I never died there ever across my previous Playthroughs!

Chapter6:

Was doing very well. Had about 9 mins total until some dude throws a grenade, and kills the kid that reboots the system. I couldn't do shit! It was out of my hands as soon as the dude lobbed it. Talk about unlucky :(

Chapter 5:

Some dude on the boat shot me and the boat moved behind a wooden pillar right before i went to final stand. I had about 7 painkillers.. was doing so well..

I'll edit some more to post more of my upcoming failures :|

Damn, tough luck man. :( I don't even know how far I'd make it. :P

By the way, is there a time limit to finish everything during the NYM and NYMHC? 

By the way, is there a time limit to finish everything during the NYM and NYMHC? 

Yea you have to be aware of time limit. you get 1 minute at the beggining and you gain extra seconds by killing enemies.

Now that's what I call a "challenge" :awesome:

And you need to go thru the entire game on a single play through on NYMHC, there's no option to save the game AT ALL (so no psn cloud backups etc to undo death) if you die, its permadeath, and back to the beginning.

• Like 1

And you need to go thru the entire game on a single play through on NYMHC, there's no option to save the game AT ALL (so no psn cloud backups etc to undo death) if you die, its permadeath, and back to the beginning.

Yep, I've heard about that. :)

I swear R* is among the worst developers out there when it comes to trophies and achievements.

I totally agree with you. I've seen GTA V, IV, RDR, and they're all ULTRA RARE.

• Like 2

I swear R* is among the worst developers out there when it comes to trophies and achievements.

I totally agree with you. I've seen GTA V, IV, RDR, and they're all ULTRA RARE.

Excluding Midnight Club LA and Naughty Bear, I have all Rockstar games platinumed on PS3 and on PS4 there are easy as hell platinums to get. They all are just challenging and you really need to put your heart into those games to complete them.

• Like 4

What haser said. Lol the issue is that there are many cheap deaths that can happen. I feel like they should've stopped at NYM but oh nooooo.. You must complete the game now in one sitting :angry:

I mean I did do I am the night mode in Batman origins which was similar except it was much easier imo.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So i started the infamous NYMHC ..here are my attempts so far ..this is gonna be fun : 

#1 chapter 3 : ran out of ammo the area directly after you dodge the first sniper with passos.

#2 chapter 2 : failed to hit the last guy in the long catwalk from the chopper..shot fabiana dead..fail

#3 chapter 2 : the exact same death as #2.. ughh really ? 

#4 chapter 7 : died from a molotov out of no where..pretty much insta-death even before i realized wtf was going on.

#5 chapter 6-2 : after the explosion in the ground ..i tried to proceed somehow max got stuck in the rubble..tried to move back only to fall into the hole..insta-death (facepalm)

#6 chapter 6-1 : the cubicles area .. my fault i lost my concentration left my cover and went full Chuck Norris.. a guy with a shotty surprised me and then took cover..LMS was pretty much useless and i couldn`t hit him . *sigh*

#7 chapter 6-1 : the cubicles are .. the IT nerdie guy died by a random grenade that i didn`t see.. "are we dead" , yes we are you fuckface. 

#8 chapter 6-2 : made it to the filling cabinet part..had like 5% health . killed 2 guys quickly then took cover cuz i couldnt get a clear shot on the third.. and guess what ? yep suddenly DIED.. apparently choking to death is another cheap way to die in NYMHC.. really R* ? 

#9 chapter 10 : at the very beginning two snipers.. i tried to kill them before they shoot giovanna.. i clicked bullet time but once i stepped out of cover Bob Lee Swagger headshot me in the left eye .. 1 shot 1 kill .

#10 chapter 6-1 cubicles area..again. was a guy flanked me and i had no ammo last man standing --> failed.

#11 chapter 10 : gas station.. took cover beside the dumpster near giovanna.. a guy surprised me from behind the gas pumps.. LMS was useless here. meh  :facepalm:

Edited by ahmedelebiary
  • Like 1

Attempt #1 - Chapter 9 - The QTE at the very end. I guess it queues up inputs when you do QTEs and I hit Triangle twice and failed it.

Attempt #2 - Chapter 10 - 2nd fight in the chapter. One of the guys from behind the front of the bus threw a grenade all the way to the entrance. Blew up shortly after it hit the ground.

Success #3 I was more reckless this time besides Chapter 14 at the beginning and in the lobby area since I had half an hour to spare. Found myself never using shootdodges and would just Bullet Time and shift left or right. Easy peasy.

• Like 1

#12 Chapter 12 : i made it to ch 12 for the first time.. it was a good run had about 25 mins on the clock. got to the rooftop just before the heavy LMG guy. i got hit and put into LMS.. a fucking tremor happened .. reticle went crazy and i couldnt get a hit.. i shouldve been more careful there :spank:   :( game over fuuuukkkkk i was so close ! 

#13 Chapter 13 : getting better yet i made a silly mistake .. i took the grenade launcher at the APC all the way to the elevators following some advice to use it but guess what ? as soon as they got out of the elevator boom one hit and i was in LMS with the fucking GL.. need i say it was useless as fuck ? last time im using it.. im using my old school method of cover pop,bullet time and headshot. leason learned.

Edited by ahmedelebiary

• 5 months later...

This game has too many enemies that are hidden and appear suddenly behind a site or running and put on your back and as you are against a column or crouching does not give you time to turn fast. I like that the enemies use the coverings and not that they go running like Rambo.

I've attempted NYMHC maybe 30~ times between November 2015-January 2016 and I gave up completely, but I decided to give NYMHC one more volley of attempts before I give it up completely.

Chapter 6: In the big square computer office space room. I cleared almost the whole room, had no pain killers left, there was one enemy left. I have 1 full clip left in my 45. He tries to rush me, so I shoot dodge into the window. I hit the window before i can a shot off on him, Max collapses, the guy shoots me point blank in the face. - totally my fault.

Chapter 4: on the rooftops, I must have miscounted enemies and dove around a corner thinking there would only be one, I jumped straight into one and shot the other in the head. It was a race against time to see which one of us got up first. I did, but I shot at him point blank and I fucking missed him, leaving him plenty of time to completely blow me away with a shotgun. -partially my fault

Chapter 7: I got stealth molotoved from some fucker up on a rooftop, no idea it was coming, just instantly fucking died. -not my fault.

Chapter 4: In the car workshop the guy who comes through the door on my right flank came through as I was reloading, I had no bullet time so I was forced to just let him fuck me 6 ways from sunday until I was either dead or had managed to reload and shoot him. -my fault.

Chapter 8: Grenade dude killed before the section with the tombs. Tried to dive out of the way from an incoming grenade and he one shotted me. - my fault.

Chapter 7: Just before the chain pull, the level wasn't loading properly, floors weren't appearing etc. I paused the game to let it load out, and it was fine. Later in the level just after you shoot the guy with the flare no enemies loaded. I got to the room where you let off the fireworks and I couldn't get past the closed door. -not my fault.

Chapter 8: Out of painkillers and and only a head of health at the sniper fight, when the second group of guys rush out the door to kill you, one of them hit me right in the head. instant death - my fault.

Chapter 3: I shoot dodged down the stairs, hit my head, and died. - my fault.

I'll add more once I attempt it more.

Edited by NickeryG
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Been trying since june,I think I failed at Least 10 times,I can breeze through the game but I die in a stupid way,like getting melee'd when I'm close to a wall,hence not being able to shoot the guy,looking at him as you slowly die lol,also a big part of them were grenades,sometimes they lob grenades between your cover so the indicator doesnt pop up and when you see them its too late,also when I shootdodged away from a grenade an enemy killed my and I was in Last stand,killed the guy and when I get up the grenade kills me,another big part of them were failed Last stands,basically an enemy kills me from far away with a mlg quickscope 360 and when I enter in last stand theyre either hidden behind cover/in a corner or I have a piece of cover in my face so I cant shoot :-(.

Edited by GMStarworld
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

The game freezed two times by now. And I had a very strange graphic bug in chapter 7, where Max just walked through empty rooms in a cutscene. After the cutscene had ended there where no enemies at all and I could not resume. 

But trying over and over again is a bit addicting :D  

• Like 4