Share one of your favorite Video Game Songs

KaosStrife

I'm a simple woman, I see/hear anything related to Thanatos, my brain go into "me likey" mode. You don't know how much I'm tripping whenever I get into a room and I hear the first seconds of this theme and this little "guh-dong" sound. I won't lie, everytime I play Hades, I'm secretly praying to every God that I'd stumble upon Than at some point. Everything in his theme is perfect <3

• Like 3

What a nice discovery I have made this morning finding this here! ☺️

I've always been passionate about soundtracks and I have a vast collection of all kinds. For example: in television series, the OST of Lost or Utopia; in cinema films, the OST of Moulin Rouge or The Lord of the Rings trilogy; in anime series, the OST of Hunter X Hunter (1999 and 2011, both versions) or Cowboy Bebop; in anime movies, the OST of My Neighbor Totoro or Akira; in video games, the OST of Star Fox Adventures or The Last of Us...

Without a doubt, I could spend years citing titles, but the creator of this thread limited a single contribution per comment, so here goes mine...

On 26/9/2015 at 0:07 AM, KaosStrife said:

the main purpose of this topic is to share one song per post of one of your favorite video game songs

?

• Like 1

Remember how unique this boss was? Good times. Of course, this doesn't play during the actual boss battle (as the music is the same for every boss), but before the battle.

I also have to mention that the MGS4 version also sounds great.

Edited by MrGarland
  • Like 3

Man oh man soooo many. Calling to the Night and Snake Eater from the MGS series. 1,000 Words (FFX-2) and numerous themes from the  Final Fantasy games. I regularly listen to the Skyrim OST when answering emails at work. The songs on Galaxy News Radio in Fallout 3 and in GTA Vice City were great too! Really too many to list so I digress.

Lately, I've been on an excessive Touhou kick in anticipation of Touhou 15.5's April 22nd PSN launch - albeit, a fighter, not shmup, but an official mainline Touhou on western PSN! How far globalization has come. Here's Sumireko's boppin' theme from that very entry: quick-paced, tinged with suitably slightly eerie synthwork (shout-out to that floaty, ghostly coo, early on) to punctuate the defiance of Gensokyo's otherworldly entrant: a human from our Earth, one of ours. She doesn't come close to my favorites from the franchise's cast, but this track, IMO, exemplifies her.

• Like 2