Worth getting PS3 in Oct 2015?

FireHotStickies

Hey guys,

I was thinking about getting a PS3. I am a student just now and still have 2 years of uni to go. This means I don't have a lot of time to play games and don't have a lot of money to spend on a PS4 and new AAA games. So far I have been getting my gaming fix through handhelds, GBA, Vita, 3DS as these are easy to use on the go when I have a spare minute. However, I just seem to be fed up of them and would rather play on a console again.

I don't have too much time to play over the year (due to my studies) and I can probably only see myself playing 3 or 4 games over the year. Then maybe more in the summer when I have a break from uni.

Even though I don't have a lot of time, I'm still considering it as PS3s and the games can be picked up for really cheap now. I can get my hands on a super slim 500GB console plus 4 games for £60 = $91, which seems to be a really good deal. So even if I didn't end up playing it that much, I wouldn't lose out.

I'm also aware that I may be too late and the PS4 and Xbox One are taking over, not that it's really an issue for me.

What do you guys think?

Edited by FireHotStickies
  • Like 3

Yeah just remembered! I was hoping to slyly change the thread title before anyone had the chance to reply...  :facepalm:

You can change it yourself (go to full edit mode on the 1st post).

And, yes, it's still worth it.

My ps3 died 1 month ago (7+ years old system, 80Gb FAT model, YLOD) and I would be looking into getting a new one if I wasn't so short on cash (will try to repair mine sometime soon, but I'm unsure if I will be able to get it working again..).

You can change it yourself (go to full edit mode on the 1st post).

And, yes, it's still worth it.

My ps3 died 1 month ago (7+ years old system, 80Gb FAT model, YLOD) and I would be looking into getting a new one if I wasn't so short on cash (will try to repair mine sometime soon, but I'm unsure if I will be able to get it working again..).

Yeah I know it is possible to edit, but it is too late, now everyone has noticed haha! Suppose I will edit anyway, thanks.

Looks like it is a unanimous yes so far! 

Just because it's an "older" console, doesn't mean the games are worse and/or be going anywhere. I still don't have a PS4, been getting all my gaming fix from PS3. Tons of good games to play, and if you can get them all for cheap, why not?

• Like 1

It has a huge catalogue of awesome games and thanks to the PS4, PS3 games are only getting cheaper.

I don't have a PS4 yet either cause there's still so many games I want on the PS3 and the longer I leave it, the cheaper the PS4 gets.

Even if you bought one now, if you don't care about playing the latest releases on day one you'd have enough to keep you going for years.

So I'd say go for it, especially at £60, that's a steal.