The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

So for the third Mania in a row it looks like Roman is closing the show...also the rumour for next Mania is Brock vs Roman (as the two guys that beat the streak face off for the title) So I guess that is 4 in a row.

Seriously this is way too long. I mean it is 10pm here but those people in Florida are going to be there until 1ish. that is fucking insane. CUT SOME OF THE POINTLESS MATCHES AND CONCERTS NEXT YEAR WWE

22 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

So for the third Mania in a row it looks like Roman is closing the show...also the rumour for next Mania is Brock vs Roman (as the two guys that beat the streak face off for the title) So I guess that is 4 in a row.

Seriously this is way too long. I mean it is 10pm here but those people in Florida are going to be there until 1ish. that is fucking insane. CUT SOME OF THE POINTLESS MATCHES AND CONCERTS NEXT YEAR WWE

Next yesr ear people can just leave when Romsn comes out since you know he's winning anyway. Romsn has to be undefeated at Mania right? Looks like he's getting the next streak. I should stop watching this shit.

Never mind he lost the night Seth won the belt. This still sucks that a guy I've been watching since I was a kid is going out to the next Lex Luger

Ok, It's definitive, I was getting tired after Taker let Brock not just end the streak but destroy him to have the people always chanting thank you Taker over and over again. Definitely the worst moment of the night to see he being retired by Roman.

Edited by GoldenShaka

1st half of WM was great... the 2nd half though.  Why did Randy have to go over?  Just, why?  Brock/Goldberg was the joke I expected it to be.  Cena wins LOL was the joke I expected it to be.  Roman/Taker was an AWFUL match.  Roman's move set makes Goldberg look like freakin' Dean Malenko and the match itself was worthy of having an entire botchmania to itself.  The blundered tombstone spot followed by an improvised... SUPERMAN PUNCH!!!  (way to think on your feet Roman) the spear that turned into a (not superman) punch because Taker wasn't standing at the right angle... ugh.  What a terrible way for Taker to go out.  

• Like 1

And once again my Mania booking would have been much better :)

Why did Goldberg need the title if he wasn't even going to go on last? I mean I know on Raw they said Brock DESIRED the title...the same title he didn't give two shits about when he lost it to Rollins and had to destroy Taker (oh wait that was the smackdown title...this is the RAW title much different). I mean why could Owens and Jericho have fought in a title vs title match?

Why did Bailey and Charlotte need to be a 4 way if it was going to come down to Bailey and Charlotte in the end? Why did Bailey need to win the title AND break the streak if she was going to win again at Mania?

Why have Bray lose....WHY DID BRAY LOSE...WHY DID THEY HAVE TO MAKE HIM LOSE AFTER HE BEAT BOTH AJ AND CENA...AND CENA A SECOND TIME....AND THEN HAVE HIS HOUSE DESTROYED AND LOST ALL OF HIS FOLLOWERS AND THEN THEY MAKE HIM FUCKING LOSE...THIS IS WHY THERE ARE NO NEW STARS

Why did Naomi give up the title only to win it back a month later? I mean if they were just going to have her win it back why did Alexis have to win it the same night it was given up. Why didn't they strip her of the title and have the title match at Mania...or better yet DON'T STRIP HER OF THE FUCKING TITLE

Why didn't Miz win so he at least got something out of this feud? I mean John could still have proposed if he lost. See my earlier post for a great way out of that situation. It actually would have come off a lot less cheesy than what they did.

Why have Mojo Rawley win the Battle Royale...I mean wouldn't Braun winning make more sense...or maybe Zayn could topple the giant to avenge Mick's firing AND get revenge on the giant that tormented him earlier.

Why did AJ have to fight Shane when Joe and Balor both didn't wrestle on this show?

Why didn't they do a thing where Usos faced American Alpha for the titles at Mania (instead of a random Smackdown) and have Angle in Alpha's corner and Rikishi in Usos corner. I mean that would have been a pretty cool moment.

I mean some of the matches were good but this is the problem. The wrestlers are better than ever but the writing and characters are so terrible no one gets over. I mean if this group of Men and Women and semi-competent bookers then we would be in another boom period.

• Like 1

I enjoyed the show for the most part. In a surprise twist, Brock/Goldberg was actually pretty good (considering the circumstances). Bray/Orton was surprisingly the worst match of the night. Oh and The Hardy Boyz are back! That was awesome. Oh, and fuck Roman Reigns. Taker retiring was a sad moment, but I still say he should've retired after the loss to Brock.

Anyone else feel like Smackdown dropped the ball? They've been consistently better than Raw for months, yet their matches fell flat tonight. First Bray/Orton. No tag title match. The Women's match felt like it was thrown together for Naomi to get her title back since she was injured. AJ/Shane was fun, but a waste of AJ. Dean/Corbin on the pre show. And the Cena match was just for a proposal that they can hype on Total Bellas and the Today Show and crap.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PREDRAG-K said:

I enjoyed the show for the most part. In a surprise twist, Brock/Goldberg was actually pretty good (considering the circumstances). Bray/Orton was surprisingly the worst match of the night. Oh and The Hardy Boyz are back! That was awesome. Oh, and fuck Roman Reigns. Taker retiring was a sad moment, but I still say he should've retired after the loss to Brock.

Anyone else feel like Smackdown dropped the ball? They've been consistently better than Raw for months, yet their matches fell flat tonight. First Bray/Orton. No tag title match. The Women's match felt like it was thrown together for Naomi to get her title back since she was injured. AJ/Shane was fun, but a waste of AJ. Dean/Corbin on the pre show. And the Cena match was just for a proposal that they can hype on Total Bellas and the Today Show and crap.

I wouldn't say that, cause right now raw will get lesnar vs reigns for months, so they can 'build' reigns better. Only thing I'm afraid for SD! is if this title reign keeps swapping without reason. Also, draft is pretty close, I think. 

I'll just write this: I'm done with WWE because of the Roman vs Undertaker match. Doesn't matter if Taker requested the ending, doesn't matter if Vinnie Mac ordered it, it doesn't matter if it was the board directors, it doesn't matter even if God Himself booked the match. Taker deserved the defeat and ending of a falling veteran warrior, not this awful mess. Roman wasn't the option and he will not ever be the option. If you want to retire the Undertaker, burn one of your best bullets not a small partridge. I'M DONE. Period.

5 hours ago, Banana_Sausage47 said:

Anyone else completely mark out when the Hardy Boyz came out?

I almost throw out the piece of food i was eating. I got a deja vu.

• Like 1

Mania was going good, but it was quite evident that they mistimed alot of matches and everything after the Ladder match felt rushed... Wyatt vs. Orton was terrible, Goldberg vs Lesnar was exactly as expected and felt flat.. Matches of the night: AJ vs Shane and the Tag Team Ladder Match. 

WWE WrestleMania 33 (4/2/2017): OMG, the Hardy Boyz are back! Can't believe Cena's marrying Nikki. I knew from the start that Brock would defeat Goldberg. The Undertaker's streak beaten twice now, the Big Dog ruled it, man! Seth defeated Triple H in the Non-Sanctioned match, I thought he was gonna lose. The Viper is the new WWE Champion, woo hoo! I also new that Kevin Owens would beat Chris Jericho, I mean, he's getting old now. It was already obvious that AJ would win, Shane's no match for a guy like him. Ambrose defeated the Lone Wolf, yeah! Surprising win from Naomi, she's also a 2-time SmackDown LIVE Women's champion. Wow, WrestleMania 33 was awesome! Ain't no missing anything like that no more.  

12 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Why have Bray lose....WHY DID BRAY LOSE...WHY DID THEY HAVE TO MAKE HIM LOSE AFTER HE BEAT BOTH AJ AND CENA...AND CENA A SECOND TIME....AND THEN HAVE HIS HOUSE DESTROYED AND LOST ALL OF HIS FOLLOWERS AND THEN THEY MAKE HIM FUCKING LOSE...THIS IS WHY THERE ARE NO NEW STARS

Exactly. And also noteworthy, is that Bray ONCE AGAIN falls short at WM. His reverse-taker-mania lose streak remains intact. But every thing you just said is exactly why I don't give two shits about Wyatt anymore. Haven't cared about him in a long time. WWE really screwed up with Bray BAD.

Am I the only person who didn't care that The Hardy Boyz returned? I would have much rather seen Enzo & Cass finally win the gold. 

The New Day being the hosts kind of felt useless.

The 2nd half of the show was terrible and felt rushed. 

The fact that Ambrose/Corbin IC Title match was on the goddamn KICKOFF SHOW, only further devalues the title, WWE. Why can't you see this?

Roman retiring Taker...is that supposed to make us cheer him now? 

So...WHEN IS FINN BALOR COMING BACK?

14 hours ago, Superstarmaste1r said:

Very average Wrestlemania

INDEED.

I had WM playing in the background while playing some games and was only really paying attention to the matches when they were reaching their climax. An exception though was the Raw Tag Team Championship match when New Day came out and mentioned a 4th team and I was anticipating what soon became reality. Marked out for the Hardy Boyz, my highlight for the night, and proceeded to watch the entirety of it.

Disappointed with the results of the majority of the other matches though, ESPECIALLY the memorial battle royal, pretty bumming. I'm still not sure why some people are surprised Taker lost and retired - I accepted that fate long ago and avoided the disappointment.

Here's hoping the Raw and SmackDown-after-WM's are entertaining and make up for it, possibly with some main roster debuts.

• Like 1

Wrestlemania in my opinion was pretty good. I think people are forgetting what a bad Wrestlemania is. I personally hated 25 (aside from Taker/Shawn) as well as 26-28. 

As for the post Wrestlemania Raw, this has to be one of the weakest of the bunch in recent years. It was cool to see The Revival make their debut as well as Finn Balor returning but nothing major happened storyline wise. I was thinking to myself, maybe Finn will turn on Rollins in the end and that will be our big twist of the night but nope. 

Im hoping that they just didn't wanna go through with any big angle right now seeing as the draft is next week. 

On 2/22/2017 at 9:10 AM, ee28max said:

Wow, I wanted to deleted that old quote but it was impossible.

Well, as someone said Wrestlemania matches were actually decent. I was surprised that raw women's match was almost botch free. Those were so bad in previous events that it was a pain to watch them.

At beginning I was expecting something something big for Raw after Mania but as soon as I knew about SD and Raw roster change I knew nothing was going to happen. Something tells me Sasha will go to SD, as well as Balor.

Edited by GoldenShaka
  • Like 1

RAW (4/3/2017): Glad to finally see Finn Balor back on RAW. I thought he would come after Seth for what he had done to him after last Summer Slam. Braun Strowman to take on Brock Lesnar? You're kidding me. He's no match for Brock, not once, not twice, not even in a million. Wow, Roman Reigns... I never knew he'd ever defeat The Undertaker. Does this mean that The Deadman's gonna retire? Kurt Angle is the new GM of RAW, yeah! First time seeing the Hardy Boyz on RAW in like 6 years or so. Their match was great.

One of the best RAW shows after WrestleMania I've ever watched :lol:.

20 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

Wow, I wanted to deleted that old quote but it was impossible.

Well, as someone said Wrestlemania matches were actually decent. I was surprised that raw women's match was almost botch free. Those were so bad in previous events that it was a pain to watch them.

At beginning I was expecting something something big for Raw after Mania but as soon as I knew about SD and Raw roster change I knew nothing was going to happen. Something tells me Sasha will go to SD, as well as Balor.

I don't think Balor and Sasha are going anywhere, but there will be a transfer somehow, not sure :hmm:. If Ambrose comes to RAW, then The Shield would probably team-up again :lol:.

1 hour ago, TVDex252 said:

As for the post Wrestlemania Raw, this has to be one of the weakest of the bunch in recent years.

Maybe, but you gotta love that reaction to Reigns at the start of the show. "Go Away!", "Fuck You Roman!" "Asshole!" Holy shit, I was laughing so hard.

Just now, jackmadrox said:

Maybe, but you gotta love that reaction to Reigns at the start of the show. "Go Away!", "Fuck You Roman!" "Asshole!" Holy shit, I was laughing so hard.

That was fantastic! And honestly, he handled the situation as best he could.

• Like 1