The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

3 hours ago, ee28max said:

Shinsuke Nakamura being addicted to AJ Styles' balls is really funny. I like how he just comes from outta nowhere and do that, and tells Renee Young that he can't speak English. I hope AJ Styles is done having kids. 

Big Cass return was surprising. I thought he'd be at RAW but here he is. I also thought they'd change his name but they didn't. 

The Bar on SmackDown was the most shocking one. I think this means they'll split here and part ways. Hopefully Cesaro gets pushed now. 

Don't worry about Shinsuke's new favourite finisher, he also used it against Randy Orton in the Dark main event of Smackdown ? 

Big Cass needs a new theme too, his current theme is so generic it seems like a theme for a created WWE superstar in WWE games ...

Yeah I was really surprised too but I don't like that they basically spoiled the result of some matches that will happen at Backlash (RAW tag team championships + Joe vs Roman)... Cesaro may be solo again quicker than we might think becauset Sheamus has been dealing with neck issues for quite some time so maybe he'll retire this year, hopefully he is allowed to have one more brutal match against Cesaro to close his career, their best of 7 matches were really great !

Edited by itachi-destroyer
  • Like 2

Bruno Sammartino will truly be missed. I'm glad he made peace with Vince McMahon a while ago and was inducted into the Hall of Fame back in 2013. Time flies…

4 hours ago, ee28max said:

Those good old days. Wasn't he a WWE Champion at a point? I remember he was having the title during his entrance and faced John Cena at some weird PPV (Capitol Punishment?) The alliance with The Miz against John Cena & The Rock at Survivor Series 2011 was awesome too. Do you remember "And I choose my partner to be... The Rock!"(Savila on mic from mouth)

Yeah that was really cool :) . Indeed, their match took place at Capitol Punishment, but R-Truth never was the WWE Champion. He's "just" a former US Champion, two time Hardcore Champion, and Tag Team Champion - with Kofi Kingston. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, itachi-destroyer said:

Yeah I was really surprised too but I don't like that they basically spoiled the result of some matches that will happen at Backlash (RAW tag team championships + Joe vs Roman)... Cesaro may be solo again quicker than we might think becauset Sheamus has been dealing with neck issues for quite some time so maybe he'll retire this year, hopefully he is allowed to have one more brutal match against Cesaro to close his career, their best of 7 matches were really great !

Oh yes, they spoiled the result of those matches. The Woken Warriors (if that would be their name) will most likely win at Greatest Royal Rumble and then we'll see how things will go from there. Sheamus really does need a time off in WWE or his neck issues will get worse. I would like to see him go for the Intercontinental Championship for Grand Slam (I don't know why I just fell in love with the whole Grand Slam system all of a sudden) before retiring and also another best of 7 match! 

1 hour ago, itachi-destroyer said:

Don't worry about Shinsuke's new favourite finisher, he also used it against Randy Orton in the Dark main event of Smackdown ? 

The combination of this cool low-blow and Kinshasa would be amazing. I think he'll be using that when the referee is distracted. His heel character is rapidly growing lol. 

• Like 1

If I was given the choice to change one and only one thing about the WWE it would be to remove Vince from all decisions regarding the women (well, it would actually be to remove him from all decisions period but lets go with just the women for now).  He is so freakin' clueless when it comes to the women it's unbelievable.  EY and Nikki Cross are the faces of Sanity, and Killian Dain sticks out like a sore thumb, so what do we do?  Remove Nikki of course.  There's absolutely no reason to ax her.  None.  The women get built up like superstars on NXT and then get tore down on the main roster.

Edited by skidmarkgn
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

If I was given the choice to change one and only one thing about the WWE it would be to remove Vince from all decisions regarding the women (well, it would actually be to remove him from all decisions period but lets go with just the women for now).  He is so freakin' clueless when it comes to the women it's unbelievable.  EY and Nikki Cross are the faces of Sanity, and Killian Dain sticks out like a sore thumb, so what do we do?  Remove Nikki of course.  There's absolutely no reason to ax her.  None.  The women get built up like superstars on NXT and then get tore down on the main roster.

So basically like making them cannon fodder for the veterans? Doesn't WWE (or rather Vince) do that to some of the NXT call ups?

(Context: The few things that come to mind are The Ascension, Nakamura (against Jinder mahal experiment) and Samoa Joe (against Brock Lesnar). The Ascension going from Dominating tag team to comedy is the biggest plummet i have seen so far. Nakamura and Joe, both shown that they are main event material, get shot down in favor of Vince's men (Jinder Mahal and Brock Lesnar)). 

Edited by GoodbyeBread
  • Like 2

On 4/18/2018 at 7:37 PM, GoodbyeBread said:

So basically like making them cannon fodder for the veterans? Doesn't WWE (or rather Vince) do that to some of the NXT call ups?

(Context: The few things that come to mind are The Ascension, Nakamura (against Jinder mahal experiment) and Samoa Joe (against Brock Lesnar). The Ascension going from Dominating tag team to comedy is the biggest plummet i have seen so far. Nakamura and Joe, both shown that they are main event material, get shot down in favor of Vince's men (Jinder Mahal and Brock Lesnar)). 

The women don't really have "veterans".  I guess Mickie and Natalya would kind of count but they're not really dominating anyone.  Almost all The women just float around hot-potato-ing the title and very rarely does anyone really get a chance to stand out.  Charlotte's been the one recent female who got elevated and stayed there.  The rest are all just in a rotating door of mediocrity because Vince won't actually commit to anyone else.

• Like 3

Just a little game... Who was traded for who, during the SuperStar Shake Up? Let's imagine that the trades we saw were decided by the General Managers, who traded someone of their Roster for someone of the other Roster. Here's what I think it would look like.

Jinder Mahal - Jeff Hardy (Originally, Seth Rollins was scheduled to go to SmackDown Live, but after Jeff Hardy won the US Title from Mahal, Kurt Angle and Paige changed their mind and sent Jeff to SmackDown instead of Rollins)
Riott Squad - Absolution
Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn - Nobody (They were fired, they were no longer members of SmackDown Live)
Zack Ryder - R-Truth
Natalya - Asuka
Mojo Rawley, Dolph Ziggler and Chad Gable - Cesaro & Sheamus
Baron Corbin - The Miz
Mike Kanellis - Big Cass
The Ascension and Breezango - Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson
Bobby Roode - Samoa Joe
Edited by KenjiCBZ
  • Like 2

On 4/18/2018 at 10:37 PM, GoodbyeBread said:

You forgot the Revival... served up to DX and buried since.

Edited by MySenkai
Typo
  • Like 2

On 4/18/2018 at 1:57 PM, skidmarkgn said:

It is funny. I was watching old fun promos and came across one from the Right to Censor (I think I was like one of 10 people that actually loved this group) and Ivory is cutting a promo mentioning Bras and Panties matches which causes the crowd to cheer, you have King talking about how great scantily clad women are and then Ivory mentions exploiting women for ratings and once again the crowd cheers.

Now WWE  somehow figured out that :o Women can actually work as well and now they are the champions of gender equality and we have to bow to their blessed sacredness because they have shown us the way.

It is the same thing with the concussion bullshit. "We didn't know hitting people really hard in the head with metal objects could cause long term problems" 

• Like 1

What a shitty show, the only things I liked were the Sami & Kevin Show, Drew McIntyre promo and Chad Gable vs Jinder Mahal.

I have to say, Drew McIntyre was right when he said he looks like a star and talks like a star. This guy is the total package and I hope WWE push him to the top before the end of the year. 

• Like 3

RAW was quite boring tbh. Hope for the best next time. 

Only part I enjoyed was the Sami & Kevin Show (though it was spelt SamL & Kevin), how these guys brought Jason Jordan into it and got two big sweaty men as their opponents. Hopefully KO & Zayn can be Tag Team Champions in the future as this could be Sami Zayn's first title on the main roster and making Kevin Owens Grand Slam Champion. 

Drew McIntyre's promo was very delivering as he ain't The Chosen One he used to be back in the day and it is a reminder to the terrible bookers that he is a star and he is dangerous. 

I'm kinda getting tired seeing Ronda Rousey perform her infamous Armbar on anyone every week instead of cutting some good promos or doing something productive enough rather than just do that all week long and put herself over other women like Mickie James. At least she appears more than Brock Lesnar, that's what makes it better. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GoodbyeBread said:

quick question: why is there a royal rumble on friday? I thought the next big PPV is SummerSlam

Because WWE is extremely pro-women and love to make history showcasing how pro-women they are...and then a big dump truck of money came to their door and they said "FUCK YOU WOMEN WE ARE OFF TO SAUDI ARABIA"

Also don't be a Bully, be a star...unless you are a homosexual in Saudi Arabia...then you can just be beheaded. 

Sorry, I am just sick of all these companies and countries acting all high and mighty and then when the Saudi Prince comes a calling...the line comes out "well we can't change a country's views"

• Like 2

SD had the matches. Just a couple of things I'll touch on.

Big cass and Danial Bryan promos are very well done.

Usos won their match, thanks to naomi's assist. What is wrestling now?

To be honest, i thought it would be hard to boo Nakamura, but changing his song definitely helped. I will miss the fans singing with the song :(

Edited by GoodbyeBread
  • Like 3

Smackdown was average this week, don't know what happened for both RAW and SD but it was an uninteresting week overall. 

However I really love this new Shinsuke Nakamura and even though they changed his theme I still love the new one (his entrance at WM34 was awesome too), it fits perfectly his new personality. Now I just hope he beats the hell out of Aj Styles for the title but considering it's WWE they are probably going to screw Shinsuke once again, I guess they don't really like japanese wrestlers ?

Changing the subject a bit, is anyone interested with the GRR ? Personally I'm not looking forward to it at all, this just looks like Wrestlemania 34 part 2 with a 2 hour Rumble in the show for nothing since the prize is just a trophy. I'm not a fan of WWE accepting to have a show in this kind of country it's really hypocritical from them with their so called women revolution.

Finally what's the point of having this PPV and Backlash one after the other ? It's just too much to basically have two PPV in just one week, morevover, the PPVs aren't really appealing either and most results are going to be repeat of WM34 so I don't really know why they are making such a big deal of this event.

Edited by itachi-destroyer
  • Like 2

Yeah, honestly I've a lot of hype for the Greatest Royal Rumble, for two reasons: first of all, I love the Royal Rumble Match, and this 50-Men Rumble is my erotic dream :D Also, this event may change something in WWE: they may decide to switch again the Secondary Titles (I hope they won't), and I wonder how this event will affect the Match between Roman Reigns and Samoa Joe at Backlash (Reigns as Universal Champion and/or Samoa Joe as Intercontinental Champion, or neither of them?)

Regarding this week, yeah, I agree, Raw has been awful, they basically did nothing, but I understand, it was the last episode before the Greatest Royal Rumble, so it may be ok, that almost nothing of important has happened... But about SmackDown, well, it was a pretty good show this week: nothing special, but it was ok

Greatest_Royal_Rumble--91b904297cd4ebf09582ffd60b73cf0d.png

April 27, 2018 (Predictions)

WWE Cruiserweight Championship - Cedric Alexander (c) vs. Kalisto

Winner: Cedric Alexander

Nothing much to say about this, so I'll just leave a guess. It's great to see Kalisto again and I hope he spends more time in WWE and maybe even win this match. I wish Mustafa Ali was in this match.

Intercontinental Championship [Ladder Match] - Seth Rollins (c) vs The Miz vs. Finn Balor vs. Samoa Joe

Winner: Finn Balor

I think it's time Finn Balor wins the title after making Seth Rollins win at WrestleMania. This match will be great and I think The Miz & Samoa Joe are the unlikely ones to win since they're on SmackDown and have different background feuds. I'm starting to think it's a bad idea for Samoa Joe on SmackDown because this is just a spoiler that if Roman Reigns wins the Universal Championship at GRR then Joe will automatically lose at Backlash. Hopefully Finn Balor will walk out of 2018 holding the IC title and the Universal title at some point.

SmackDown Tag Team Championship - The Bludgeon Brothers (c) vs. The Usos

Winner: The Bludgeon Brothers

It's obvious that these two will hold the titles a little longer before letting them go (I wonder who'll take the titles from them, AOP? - That would be one hell of a dream match). Despite having a peculiar distraction from Naomi this past SmackDown (it was a better show than RAW this week once again), I don't think they can pull of another one. If they do, then props to them. They can form a good faction.

RAW Tag Team Championship - Bray Wyatt & "Woken" Matt Hardy vs. The Bar

Winner: Bray Wyatt & "Woken" Matt Hardy

I think The Bar is coming close to a break up, so The Woken Warriors will take the victory. At least this kinda makes it up for all those Bray Wyatt losses and the WWE title that he held for about a month last year. I kinda have this feeling that at some point one of these two are gonna turn on each other sooner or later (most probably later). We'll see how their title reign will be before they lose it to maybe Dolph Ziggler & Drew McIntyre or Authors of Pain, 

United States Championship - Jeff Hardy (c) vs. Jinder Mahal

Winner: Jeff Hardy

Jeff Hardy will win this one so he can hopefully face Randy Orton at Backlash, taking us to old days and it will surely be a good match. Crossing each other's paths during their own entrances was an awesome moment. Jinder Mahal will maybe continue feuding with Chad Gable or will switch to Baron Corbin/No Way Jose.

WWE Championship - AJ Styles (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

Winner: Shinsuke Nakamura

Heel Nakamura is badass and so cool! The King of Low-Blow Style has been killing it! I hope he gives AJ Styles a couple more low blows (it is a No DQ match, right?) and hopefully become the new WWE Champion. I don't know what WWE thinks about this, but I'm on The Artist's side here. If AJ Styles doesn't lose the title to Nakamura, then who will take the title from him?

John Cena vs. Triple H

Winner: John Cena

The Cenation Leader has lost so many times at house shows and on televised shows in general. I hope he wins here but on the other hand we have Triple H, who also loses matches a lot. I don't think he has a problem of losing, but it's just damn horrible. Taking us back to 2010, I hope this match delivers a blast and hopefully fix the embarrassing loss of John Cena to The Undertaker at WrestleMania.

Casket Match - The Undertaker vs. Rusev

Winner: The Undertaker

Long time no see a Casket Match. Last one that happened was back in 2015. I think it was better off it were The Undertaker vs Chris Jericho. Many fans think Rusev will leave WWE after this match. They are having The Undertaker perform for the second time in this year and I thought his last match was at WrestleMania (although it didn't look like a last match if you ask me). I guess RUSEV DAY will turn into DEATH DAY or TAKER DAY if the fans go to that extent. 

Universal Championship [Steel Cage Match] - Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Roman Reigns

Winner: Roman Reigns

I'm quite excited to see this match (not because of the result, but because of the match itself). I think Brock Lesnar's last Steel Cage match was back in 2013 against Triple H at Extreme Rules and won with the help of Paul Heyman. So there's more than one way to win this match. I doubt Lesnar being pinned here. Roman might just Superman Punch himself out of the match by escaping the cage and it would be hilarious seeing the two climb the cage and maybe see Brock Lesnar perform an F-5 from the top of the cage, crazy. Or Roman Reigns can prove Brock Lesnar that he can pin him but it would be very difficult after their brutal match at WrestleMania.

First-ever 50-Man Royal Rumble Match

Winner: Braun Strowman, Daniel Bryan, Dean Ambrose (if he does happen to return sooner), Bobby Lashley or Chris Jericho/Big Show.

• Like 2