fresquinho

The WWE Discussion Thread

4,859 posts in this topic

RIP Bruno Sammartino. I just received a notification about this. Great legend, may he rest in peace.

3 hours ago, ee28max said:

Shinsuke Nakamura being addicted to AJ Styles' balls is really funny. I like how he just comes from outta nowhere and do that, and tells Renee Young that he can't speak English. I hope AJ Styles is done having kids. 

Big Cass return was surprising. I thought he'd be at RAW but here he is. I also thought they'd change his name but they didn't. 

The Bar on SmackDown was the most shocking one. I think this means they'll split here and part ways. Hopefully Cesaro gets pushed now. 

Don't worry about Shinsuke's new favourite finisher, he also used it against Randy Orton in the Dark main event of Smackdown 😂 

Big Cass needs a new theme too, his current theme is so generic it seems like a theme for a created WWE superstar in WWE games ...

Yeah I was really surprised too but I don't like that they basically spoiled the result of some matches that will happen at Backlash (RAW tag team championships + Joe vs Roman)... Cesaro may be solo again quicker than we might think becauset Sheamus has been dealing with neck issues for quite some time so maybe he'll retire this year, hopefully he is allowed to have one more brutal match against Cesaro to close his career, their best of 7 matches were really great !

Edited by itachi-destroyer

Bruno Sammartino will truly be missed. I'm glad he made peace with Vince McMahon a while ago and was inducted into the Hall of Fame back in 2013. Time flies…

4 hours ago, ee28max said:

Those good old days. Wasn't he a WWE Champion at a point? I remember he was having the title during his entrance and faced John Cena at some weird PPV (Capitol Punishment?) The alliance with The Miz against John Cena & The Rock at Survivor Series 2011 was awesome too. Do you remember "And I choose my partner to be... The Rock!"(Savila on mic from mouth)

Yeah that was really cool :) . Indeed, their match took place at Capitol Punishment, but R-Truth never was the WWE Champion. He's "just" a former US Champion, two time Hardcore Champion, and Tag Team Champion - with Kofi Kingston. 

1 hour ago, itachi-destroyer said:

Yeah I was really surprised too but I don't like that they basically spoiled the result of some matches that will happen at Backlash (RAW tag team championships + Joe vs Roman)... Cesaro may be solo again quicker than we might think becauset Sheamus has been dealing with neck issues for quite some time so maybe he'll retire this year, hopefully he is allowed to have one more brutal match against Cesaro to close his career, their best of 7 matches were really great !

Oh yes, they spoiled the result of those matches. The Woken Warriors (if that would be their name) will most likely win at Greatest Royal Rumble and then we'll see how things will go from there. Sheamus really does need a time off in WWE or his neck issues will get worse. I would like to see him go for the Intercontinental Championship for Grand Slam (I don't know why I just fell in love with the whole Grand Slam system all of a sudden) before retiring and also another best of 7 match! 

1 hour ago, itachi-destroyer said:

Don't worry about Shinsuke's new favourite finisher, he also used it against Randy Orton in the Dark main event of Smackdown 😂 

The combination of this cool low-blow and Kinshasa would be amazing. I think he'll be using that when the referee is distracted. His heel character is rapidly growing lol. 

If I was given the choice to change one and only one thing about the WWE it would be to remove Vince from all decisions regarding the women (well, it would actually be to remove him from all decisions period but lets go with just the women for now).  He is so freakin' clueless when it comes to the women it's unbelievable.  EY and Nikki Cross are the faces of Sanity, and Killian Dain sticks out like a sore thumb, so what do we do?  Remove Nikki of course.  There's absolutely no reason to ax her.  None.  The women get built up like superstars on NXT and then get tore down on the main roster.

Edited by skidmarkgn

7 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

If I was given the choice to change one and only one thing about the WWE it would be to remove Vince from all decisions regarding the women (well, it would actually be to remove him from all decisions period but lets go with just the women for now).  He is so freakin' clueless when it comes to the women it's unbelievable.  EY and Nikki Cross are the faces of Sanity, and Killian Dain sticks out like a sore thumb, so what do we do?  Remove Nikki of course.  There's absolutely no reason to ax her.  None.  The women get built up like superstars on NXT and then get tore down on the main roster.

So basically like making them cannon fodder for the veterans? Doesn't WWE (or rather Vince) do that to some of the NXT call ups?

(Context: The few things that come to mind are The Ascension, Nakamura (against Jinder mahal experiment) and Samoa Joe (against Brock Lesnar). The Ascension going from Dominating tag team to comedy is the biggest plummet i have seen so far. Nakamura and Joe, both shown that they are main event material, get shot down in favor of Vince's men (Jinder Mahal and Brock Lesnar)). 

Edited by GoodbyeBread

On 4/18/2018 at 7:37 PM, GoodbyeBread said:

So basically like making them cannon fodder for the veterans? Doesn't WWE (or rather Vince) do that to some of the NXT call ups?

(Context: The few things that come to mind are The Ascension, Nakamura (against Jinder mahal experiment) and Samoa Joe (against Brock Lesnar). The Ascension going from Dominating tag team to comedy is the biggest plummet i have seen so far. Nakamura and Joe, both shown that they are main event material, get shot down in favor of Vince's men (Jinder Mahal and Brock Lesnar)). 

The women don't really have "veterans".  I guess Mickie and Natalya would kind of count but they're not really dominating anyone.  Almost all The women just float around hot-potato-ing the title and very rarely does anyone really get a chance to stand out.  Charlotte's been the one recent female who got elevated and stayed there.  The rest are all just in a rotating door of mediocrity because Vince won't actually commit to anyone else.