The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

Thing is, all of those have already been done. Jericho's WWE(F) debut was a verbal sparring match with Rock and they'ev tangled on several occasions in the past. Rock/Punk is actually new and could go anywhere. I foresee Punk pulling the curtain a bit like he did with his "shoot heard 'round the world" and bringing the emotion from his behind the scenes beef with Rock to deliver some amazing promo's on King Dwayne. Punk is also so capable in the ring that he can carry Rock while they're actually wrestling, resulting in the matches having a completely different flavor than Cena/Rock (lets face it, both Cena and Rock are mediocre at best when it comes to actual Wrestling ability). I personally can't think of a better feud for Rock.

Yeah I know those matches have already been done but it would be awesome, Y2J vs. The Rock again.

Yeah in terms of wrestling ability, the best wrestlers are CM Punk and Bryan for me :D

Edited by fresquinho
  • Like 1

stone cold recently had surgery so he couldn't be there, it wasn't the same without him,it really didn't live it up to the hype,i predicted cena losing and punk turning heel,wwe looks like it is about to get better =), although aj being manager made no sense

Lol I really liked the ideia of AJ as GM. I didn't know about Austin surgery.

I did. Pretty solid show. Too bad Austin couldn't be there. I was also hoping during the DX segment Road Dogg would come out to Oh You Didn't Know....

Also all the women looked so damn fine. Steph and Lita looked great, Layla was hot, AJ as always, Trish. Boner Jamz for sure last night.

Been a fan of WWE since a kid and was a fan of WCW before they went to shit, stopped watching if for a few years but have recently been watching it again but its nowhere the standard it use to be and find myself drifting away from it. although I'm not a Cena 'hater' I get pretty tired of getting him shoving down my throat.

Not a big fan of the direction they are taking now.

• 1 month later...

It used to be my thing, but nowadays I casually watch them. The only interesting things keeping me in check are Damien Sandow, Daniel Bryan and CM Punk. And of course the occasional appearance by The Rock.

Damien Sandow definitely has the potential to become the next big thing. I wasn't too impressed with him at first but his character has grown ten fold in the past few weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a big WWE fan and have been since the late 90's. I still watch RAW and Smackdown every week. I also play all the video games ever since the N64 & PS1 days. I'd still say my favorite WWE game is WWF No Mercy. I have good memories playing that with my cousin and friends. I'd say the best WWE times for me were in 1998 - 2003 but WWE is still good today. I also watch the new NXT, Superstars, and TNA Impact Wrestling. I got 1 more thing to say......

:platinum: I'M THE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS!!! YES! YES! YES! :D

Used to be a fan, played the hell out of Smackdown vs Raw 2005, but over the years Stars are leaving, my last days of fan was in Kurt Angle Brock Lesnar time, don't gonna lie, I used to secretly watch Bobby Leasly or Lesly oh whatever, I moved on to MMA [uFC] I don't hate on WWE, but is better to know that you are watching something fully real.

I started watching WWE around the early 2000's during the time when WWF transitioned to WWE. I remember I stopped watching it in 2005 then came back to it in 2010. It was so different than when I last saw it. Sure the PG rating can be kind of lame at times but since the majority of WWE fans are kids then they have a reason for it to be PG. Plus with Linda's campaign, she wants to look good so she made WWE family friendly. But it's still enjoyable to watch in my opinion. My favorites are CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Kane, and Undertaker (even though he only wrestles once a year) and Damien Sandow.

Plus with Linda's campaign, she wants to look good so she made WWE family friendly.

Family friendly wrestling is an oxymoron like jumbo shrimp. Gimme the old days where Mankind and Undertaker would fall on thumbtacks or when Stone Cold passed out while giving Bret Hart his Sharpshooter any day.

• Like 1

It seems like the games and the company are getting worse, in my opinion.

I wasn't gonna bother buying the new WWE '13 game this year (I have bought every one since Smackdown! 2 on the PS1), but after hearing about the Attitude Era mode on it and all the superstars from that era too, I've decided I will pick it up as it'll be great to get all nostalgic and shit :lol:

Family friendly wrestling is an oxymoron like jumbo shrimp. Gimme the old days where Mankind and Undertaker would fall on thumbtacks or when Stone Cold passed out while giving Bret Hart his Sharpshooter any day.

Well yeah, the WWE even has an anti-bullying campaign telling others "don't be a bully, be a star" yet they continuously have faces of the company like John Cena make fun of Vickie Guerrero because she's fat. They're hypocrites really. But those days of falling on thumbtacks, chairshots, passing out, etc. are long gone and aren't coming back sadly.

I wasn't gonna bother buying the new WWE '13 game this year (I have bought every one since Smackdown! 2 on the PS1), but after hearing about the Attitude Era mode on it and all the superstars from that era too, I've decided I will pick it up as it'll be great to get all nostalgic and shit :lol:

I like the Attitude Era but I'd rather buy a new game for the most up-to-date WWE Roster with a few legends/superstars and divas from the Attitude Era.