The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

17 hours ago, ee28max said:

What's in my mind is that Brock Lesnar immediately relinquish the Universal Championship the following night after SummerSlam and shock the whole world (if Braun Strowman had cashed-in at SummerSlam to make it a fatal 4-way). So it's either Brock Lesnar or Braun Strowman leaving SummerSlam as champion. It will obviously be a 500+ day title reign for Brock Lesnar by SummerSlam time. 

While I do hope that Braun Strowman will cash in his contract around SummerSlam, I wouldn't even be surprised anymore if Brock Lesnar signs a new contract and keeps the title at least until January. Paul Heyman didn't mention UFC for nothing. Vince told him to do so and there has to be a reason for it.

I didn't enjoy Raw that much, but Smackdown was very good. Almas and Styles had an incredible match. Too bad that El Idolo had to tap so quickly. Things are heating up between Daniel Bryan and The Miz, which is cool. Nakamura vs Hardy was great too and man, how disgusting was Randy Orton?! For I moment I thought he really would rip Jeff's ear off. :D

• Like 3

I watched both RAW and SD to prepare for Summerslam and I'm glad I did a little break with WWE because it's been a really long time since I didn't enjoyed both show. RAW wasn't good but at least it was watchable, and I love how they are using Drew McIntyre; if he isn't wolrd champion by the end of 2019 I don't know what's wrong with the bookers :P It isn't time for the Summerslam predictions yet but I don't think Lesnar will leave Summerslam without the title, however I do think Braun Strowman will cash in on him the RAW after Summerslam. 

As far as Smackdown is concerned it was enjoyable for the most part but the best part of the show was the return of the sadisctic side of the viper, I loved every moment of Randy Orton beating down Jeff Hardy and the manipulation he did with Jeff's ear was brutal to see, in a good way :P  Now I just hope that WWE is going to use him as the strong and vicious heel rather than the weak cheater like when he was with The Authority because it didn't suit him well, at all. 

• Like 4

The NXT Women's Championship #1 Contender Triple Threat match was amazing. I wonder where this whole Aleister Black and Tommaso Ciampa's feud will go on from then towards Brooklyn. I even wonder why they announced the match 2 weeks ago. 

I'm looking forward to seeing heel Randy Orton as much as the new Johnny Gargano (correct me if I'm wrong). 

• Like 2

It's worth a try. Sasha and Bayley would be a good team, if they get their shit together. Sonya and Mandy are still a team. The IIconics and the Riott Squad could be used in a better way then as well. After the May Young Classic, there will even be more women on each roster.

• Like 2

I'm completely against new Women's Titles. First of all, at that moment that these Titles don't exist yet, we have a total of 9 Championships in WWE: if everything is ok, every Title must be defended during the PPVs (If I were in WWE, sometimes I would let some Titles not to be defended for a reason I'll say later -this already happened, no Tag Team Titles Matches at Backlash, no Raw Tag Team Title Match at Money in the Bank- let's say 7-8 Title Matches during the PPV).

But we are not at Night of Champions lol, so at these 7-8 Title Matches you must add 1 or 2 Non Title Matches, so we're still around 10 Matches during the PPVs, and in my opinion it's too much. With new Titles:

-We'd have even more Matches on PPV (1 or 2), and since the time is always the same, these Matches will shorter than now, and of course, less enjoyable.

-During Raw and SmackDown, they must build the rivalries for these new Titles: and again, the time of Raw and SmackDown is Always the same, so they'll need to cut short the Segments and the Matches, just like during the PPVs.

-Do you think WWE will actually offer us good Storylines, for these new Titles? I mean, on SmackDown we have Asuka who is jobbing to James Ellsworth and on Raw we have Alexa Bliss just like last year, do you really think that the Storylines around the Women's Tag Team Titles will be good? WWE must get better with their current Storylines, not creating new ones pretending them to be good.

-Too many Titles cause themselves to become less prestigious, for several reasons (Too many Matches, too many Segments, and all of them, as I said, would be shorter than now). A World Title, a Secondary Title, the Tag Team Titles and the Women's Title for each Brand are definitely enough, for me (Plus the Cruiserweight Championship for Raw and 205 Live).

-And finally… What shitty names would these Titles have? WWE Raw/SmackDown Women's Tag Team Championship? Lol

The rumors around the Women's Tag Team Titles have angered me, and they're saying that there will even be a Mid Card Women's Title, like the Intercontinental Championship… God, please, no. At that point my last hope is that they will only announce a Women's excusive PPV, but I'm really, really scared they will do that huge mistake and announce new Titles.

Edited by KenjiCBZ
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, KenjiCBZ said:

I'm completely against new Women's Titles. First of all, at that moment that these Titles don't exist yet, we have a total of 9 Championships in WWE: if everything is ok, every Title must be defended during the PPVs (If I were in WWE, sometimes I would let some Titles not to be defended for a reason I'll say later -this already happened, no Tag Team Titles Matches at Backlash, no Raw Tag Team Title Match at Money in the Bank- let's say 7-8 Title Matches during the PPV).

But we are not at Night of Champions lol, so at these 7-8 Title Matches you must add 1 or 2 Non Title Matches, so we're still around 10 Matches during the PPVs, and in my opinion it's too much. With new Titles:

-We'd have even more Matches on PPV (1 or 2), and since the time is always the same, these Matches will shorter than now, and of course, less enjoyable.

-During Raw and SmackDown, they must build the rivalries for these new Titles: and again, the time of Raw and SmackDown is Always the same, so they'll need to cut short the Segments and the Matches, just like during the PPVs.

-Do you think WWE will actually offer us good Storylines, for these new Titles? I mean, on SmackDown we have Asuka who is jobbing to James Ellsworth and on Raw we have Alexa Bliss just like last year, do you really think that the Storylines around the Women's Tag Team Titles will be good? WWE must get better with their current Storylines, not creating new ones pretending them to be good.

-Too many Titles cause themselves to become less prestigious, for several reasons (Too many Matches, too many Segments, and all of them, as I said, would be shorter than now). A World Title, a Secondary Title, the Tag Team Titles and the Women's Title for each Brand are definitely enough, for me (Plus the Cruiserweight Championship for Raw and 205 Live).

-And finally… What shitty names would these Titles have? WWE Raw/SmackDown Women's Tag Team Championship? Lol

The rumors around the Women's Tag Team Titles have angered me, and they're saying that there will even be a Mid Card Women's Title, like the Intercontinental Championship… God, please, no. At that point my last hope is that they will only announce a Women's excusive PPV, but I'm really, really scared they will do that huge mistake and announce new Titles.

I have been saying this for awhile.

The only way a second Women's title would work is TO PUT ALL THE WOMEN ON ONE BRAND.

As i have said they should have made Raw the Women's Brand and Smackdown the Tag Team brand (or vice versa) and that way you have 1 tag belt being defended and 1 women's champion OR do it like the old days and have the champ work both shows and have 1 belt (and then they could go back to having 1 Men's champ as well).

If they have a women's tag belt now they will have 2 women's tag belt. That means at any given time you have 6 women with a belt...their roster is so thin you can't have that many champions and still have contenders without the whole thing being even more of a watered down product.

Let's make these belts mean something again. In an ideal world you would have

Men's Champion

Women's Champion

Men's Tag Team Champions

Women's Tag Team Champions

IC Belt

Us Title (the IC and US could be separate to their brands)

205 Belt (and make this belt equal with at least the secondary titles)

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 2

That's what they've been selling during these weeks? Women tag team title?

I thought it was a lesbo angle between Bayley and Sasha. At least that's what most of people have been commenting this week lol

Edited by GoldenShaka
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Who is excited for the All Women PPV :D

Di1KV2yW4AAK6S-.jpg

What does Roman Reigns have to do with this? 1f602.png1f602.png1f602.png

Anyway, after watching RAW I haven't gone online on any social media yet to see how many people are raging at Roman Reigns' victory against Bobby Lashley.

Some options:

• I think people would've been happier if Brock Lesnar returned and laid waste on both Roman Reigns and Bobby Lashley, forming a triple threat match.   
  • This makes people forget that Roman Reigns lost to Bobby Lashley at Extreme Rules before "Roman Reigns vs. Bobby Lashley II" happened.
  • Kevin Owens is another option leave the arena as Universal Champion if he manages to get the briefcase from Braun Strowman. Pretty difficult for Braun Strowman to get out of this because Kevin Owens will use his tactics to get around. Just look at how he won at Extreme Rules since he was thrown gosh knows feet high from the cage.
  • Brock Lesnar might retain his title and continue with his 1,000 day reign goal.
  • Roman Reigns finally win and see how he takes things from there? We would see him lose the title just in about 2-3 months (since that's his average title reign span) and of course make the "Face Of the Company" project a waste. 
  • Braun Strowman to become more monstrous as he wins the title and avenge his loss at No Mercy 2017.

The whole Bayley-Sasha Banks story is getting even more confusing by the week. I don't know if they're holding this off for the Evolution PPV? 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, ee28max said:
  • I think people would've been happier if Brock Lesnar returned and laid waste on both Roman Reigns and Bobby Lashley, forming a triple threat match.   

There was a rumor flying around last week that this could be the case

• Like 1

Fuck Vince seriously, how many PPV main event is he going to waste on this stupid feud just to wet his pants a little more before he finally dies... I don't know how much fan he managed to manipulate to prefer Roman as Universal Champion but his little trick is certainly not working on me. 
RAW is so bad I wouldn't even mind Brock retaining the title and keeping it until he becomes UFC champion (that's a big maybe but it would still be more interesting than having Reigns as the Universal Champion).

And since it's WWE we're not just getting another Brock VS Reigns we're also getting another Ziggler VS Rollins, maybe they should add The Usos vs The New Day and AJ Styles vs Nakamura to the card, I don't think we've seen these match enough in the last year.

Concerning the women I just don't care since everything concerning the women on the main roster sucks. 

At least there is Smackdown and NXT to keep me interested in WWE. One thing I would like to see though is Kevin Owens winning the MITB briefcase but that's not happening.

Edited by itachi-destroyer
  • Like 3

On 18/7/2018 at 11:23 PM, Zio_Sam87 said:

I was wondering why they let Lashley get a clear pin on suck-Reigns in a PPV... Unveiled on Raw: let him win the useless one so suck-Reigns can win both the rematch and the title shot all-in-one. I'm sick of this.

I'm going to quote myself... it was so predictable and so sick.

We need some sort of Edge-hero like years ago... Who remember that magic moment when he came out from nowhere and made Cena lose the title match? "If Cena wins, we riot!", best sign ever.

Edge, please, one more spear!

I don't care if it's Roman Reigns or Bobby Lashley or a triple threat. All I wanna see is Braun Strowman cash in at SummerSlam or 24 hours later on Raw. The same goes for Kevin Owens, if he should be able to beat Braun and "steal" the MITB briefcase, which is highly unlikely.

Also, let's hope Triple H has anything to say regarding the booking of the first ever Women's PPV in October. His speech was out of character and real. You can tell how much this means to him. It boggles my mind that he can't do anything about the way how former NXT stars get treated by Vince and the writing team on both main shows.

• Like 1

Yep, Smackdown does a lot of things right. AJ vs Joe will be amazing, Miz vs Bryan as well, the best Randy Orton is heel Randy Orton, Almas is getting attention, Shinsuke has a belt to carry around…

It's mainly the Tag Team Division and Women's Division, that could be handled in a much better way. They have so many great teams, but they're unable to write more decent stories for them. The Bar wasn't even on TV, because they didn't had any ideas for Sheamus & Cesaro. Same goes for Anderson & Gallows I assume. Tournaments and No. 1 Contender matches in general aren't creative anymore though. Not when you see them so often.

The only good thing about the Women's Division right now is that Ellsworth is gone. Carmella's days as Champion could be numbered. Then again it's WWE, where Asuka's streak means nothing anymore. They totally ruined one of the most talented, interesting female competitors. The IIconics are a joke and apparently only on Smackdown to lose all the time. Becky is finally getting a push, yeah. The first time since she lost the title almost two years ago. That's a damn long time to sit on the sidelines and we don't know yet if she will be victorious in the end. At this point I expect Carmella to retain the title at SummerSlam.

• Like 1