Do you care if you platinum every game you play?

drummerklg

not really, I don't care if I ever do get the platinum in Warhawk or Lost Planet 2, or any other game I just don't care that much about. I'm not saying I hate Warhawk, I just don't care to play it enough for the platinum trophy. Now there are a few games that I would really like to have the platinum in and are challenging.

Edited by Qu1ck57r1k3

just look at my player card and it will answer for me. i have a huge collection of games and i only have 4 Plats. i like getting trophies but if there is a game i do not like then i will trade it in shortly after i get it and i may never see a trophy in that game. but for example games like skyrim that i never intended to platinum when i picked it up i just ended up doing it because i had sunk so much time into the game and i actually enjoyed spending all the time with the game. another reason for me to go through and plat a game is if i only have a couple trophies left but if they are too hard or too time consuming that it just drags out ill eventually drop that game

Used to care. I've been a completionist gamer ever since I can remember. Getting platinum was just another part of that.

And then I came across online trophies for games like Resistance 2, GTA IV, and AC: Brotherhood. Not only that, but there are still some single-player games that are just so boring and tedious that I can't bother getting the required trophies (such as GTA IV, GTA IV, and also GTA IV. Oh and R&C All 4 One).

Feels a bit liberating. Makes me feel ok on putting a game down to play something better and more fun. A few years ago I couldn't do that, had to get it all, no matter the cost!

Unfortunately i think i'll never get it due to lack of time, but it is nothing that will keep me awake at night.

I never liked to buy or rent games that i didn't feel interested in, so i never felt like i was trying to get a platinum even if i was just feeling bored. Before starting my Platinum hunting i just play the game for fun, without any guides or walktroughs. When i finish i start working on the rest of the trophies and keep focusing on it until i achieve the 100%. For some reason i found that it really helped me improve my persistence and my patience, skills that i will need at my work, so in the end, i was just combining fun with personal development, if that makes any sense :P

No. There are some games that are insane to platinum (MAG, GTA IV) due to the difficulty, online, etc. The only games I care to platinum are ones that I enjoy playing that I feel I have to platinum (Final Fantasy XIII, Resident Evil 5) or I'll feel bad if I don't, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I only try for a platinum if i enjoy the game enough to play it through a few times... I just play games for fun and some trophies just seem like a chore and they just become irritating and a bore to play, thats when i give up!

Just like Trines last lvl on hard... its the only trophy i need to platinum the game but after a few tries it got frustrating and it put me off the game forever lol. But i do enjoy collecting trophies and helping others.

I try to go for the platinum if it's not totally impossible. I think trophies are a good way to keep track of how thorough you are with your games. I personally like to get the most out of the games I buy, which I'm happy to say are all games I really like (I never blind buy games or buy / rent stuff I'm not 100% sure about). So, instead of breezing through a game and never touching it again, I try to get through the harder difficulties etc. Of course playing a game twice in a row might be tedious sometimes, in which case I usually take a break from it, play something different and then go back and play through for a 2nd time. Trophies have a part in this, becase I can see what I have and haven't done in a game yet.

Now, there ARE games that I absolutely love and love playing, but are just way too much trouble to platinum, like AC: Brotherhood or Red Dead Redemption. As far as I'm concerned, online trophies should either not be a part of a platinum requirement or be reasonably easy to do, like AC: Revelations. They got it right, because the online trophies made me try out MP (which was actually quite fun, for a while), which I never would've done otherwise, and were easy to get at the same time. In cases like RDR I just don't care, becase I know that I've 100%-ted the SP portion and playing MP just for the trophies is stupid.

So, bottom line: If I like the game and actually have fun playing it for as long as the plat requires, then yes, I'll go for it. Boredom or tedium kicks in - I stop.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've always got 100% in near every game I've ever had. It makes sense that it would carry over to the PS3. The only games I've gone out of my way that I usually wouldn't have is with fighting games. Up until the PS3, I usually didn't beat the game with every character or anything like that. Only games like Street Fighter EX did I do all the trials.

No.

I remember when trophies first came out I thought it would be really cool to get 100% in all my games. Then WipEout HD and Warhawk made me realise that some games are just too hard or take too long to platinum so I quickly gave up on that. :lol:

I like playing Rock Band games which I know I'll never platinum, and outside of that I tend to aspire to platinum every game I play. However, it's not a requirement that I platinum every game. I'll usually push through if the struggle is hard tasks or win an highest difficulty, but a "bad" game will just be dropped.

So, no, don't really care, but I like to platinum games.

i am pretty much in the same boat as JCChrono here.

then again, i am happy enough to simply have the time to play ANY bloody game these days!

• 4 weeks later...