Best/Worst Gaming Purchase of 2015

kidson2004

Best: Bastion

A freaking fantastic action RPG that really sets itself apart from other games. I only paid $2.85 for it as well and it was more than worth every penny.

Worst: The Muppets Movie Adventures.

I bought this one for $6 and it didn't even feel like it was worth $1. The platforming and presentation are linear, there are hardly any levels and the lack of voice acting for the Muppets thenselves are just a few reasons why this is so disappointing to anyone who even knows the Muppets.

Best:

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

No More Heroes: Hero's Paradise

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number

Worst:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified

Its a good thing I rented it from GameStop since I completed it in 2 days.

Best: Dead Space 2

Worst: Gran Turismo 5 (faulty disc)

I'm surprised you didn't say Saints Row IV was the worst. Aha

Best:

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

No More Heroes: Hero's Paradise

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number

Worst:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified

Its a good thing I rented it from GameStop since I completed it in 2 days.

I'm surprised you didn't say Saints Row IV was the worst. Aha

I owned the original version the same year it released lol

Edited by AnimeDreama

Best would have to be Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. As far as gameplay is concerned this was by far the best stealth/action game I've played in a long time (probably ever). I also did enjoy the story, even though it's one of the weaker ones in the series. The style in which it was told in did enhance the actual playing of the game for once though.

Worst is a tie between Game of Thrones and Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus. The former I bought only because it was on sale. Having no interest in the TV show my expectations were low going in (even though TT games are usually good). By episode 3 I started paying zero attention to the story and just listened to podcasts while skipping through. (Something I haven't done since Asura's Wrath).

As for the latter, again I bought the game as it was on sale and wanted to give my vita a dust down. Not much to say about the game, it's just extremely dull and repetetive.

Edited by Toxi

I bought only like 5-6 games this year haha but based on that: 

Best: Bloodborne. I was positively surprised of how much I ended up enjoying it and even though it's definitely not the most difficult game out there I was pretty proud of myself when I beat it as I hadn't played any Souls games before. I will probably try to get the platinum trophy at some point.

Worst: Borderlands: The Handsome Collection. I still don't know why I bought this as I didn't even finish the first one. I just don't find the game compelling enough which is pretty funny when I've put +1000h in Destiny which I suppose is similar in many aspects. Anyway, I've been playing it with 1-2 friends at a time so I guess I haven't experienced the full 4 person co-op yet but still, even with three persons it hasn't been fun enough. On the other hand, my friends keep telling me that I should play it to the point where I find more legendary weapons etc. and the game will consequently become more fun so I might have to give it another chance and finish it at least once.

Best: Disgaea 5 but I already knew that going in lol. Biggest surprise was probably Skullgirls :)

Worse: Fallout 4, first fallout and got it outta hype but couldn't be bothered playing after a few hours after not knowing how to get more bullets lol. Also Blazblue and Tales of Z-whatever were kinda disappointing too :(

• Like 1

Best would be: PS4 (1TB version) + Bloodborne, Shadow Warrior, Witcher 3, The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 (can't pick just one, got so many games this year that my backlog is suffering from claustrophobia)

Worst: Dreamworks Super Star Kartz for being the most boring game to exist. The Raven (for being glitched), Saints Row 4 and Infamous First Light for being shit.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

Best: Tales of Zestiria probably.

Tales games are always awesome, even though I've not played it yet, I know it'll be great.

Worst: Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f

Awful, just awful for a rhythm game and the scratch mechanic was terrible. The only time it had any hint of a rhythm was on the hardest difficulty and just all the shit flying around the screen and flashing colours make for a bad rhythm game. Still, it was an easy plat and it has a pretty plat icon.

Best: Bloodborne

I pre-ordered the game way back in January around the time I finally got my PS4, because Bloodborne was basically the main reason why I bought a PS4. My expectations were as high as they got and in the end it succeeded them.

Worst: The Order: 1886

I knew this game was gonna flop when I heard the news of it's short length and replay value, but hey I couldn't judge the game because I didn't played so I bought it (when it got to $40). Hey maybe the story is gonna be good, but in the end all news I heard were right even the story sucked.

Edited by CrazyMv94