Your Most Memorable Gaming Moments in 2015?

JaM

Another year has come to an end... why don't we look back and think for a moment... what are our most memorable moment in gaming this year(errr or last year, 2015)? could goes with anything... a shocking twist in the story... a yay moment during MP... RNG finally being kind to you... etc.

For story twist, please make sure to put them in spoiler tag please... for everyone and maybe for your sake as well

[ spoiler ] *spoiler stuff [ /spoiler ] 

just remove the space before and after spoiler and /spoiler

btw.. it may also just not apply to new games released in 2015, could goes with older games you have just played at year 2015 ^_^

My draft answers:

Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies Case 5 Conclusion

I do love mystery games/plots, but the twist in this Chapter caught me off guard, you thought you knew whodunit but something happened and you don't know what the heck is happening anymore... 

Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls Chapter 1 Boss Battle

I am not actually talking about the battle itself, but the scene before and after it... you thought Danganronpa and Danganronpa 2 are dark themed games and this game could be nothing compared to them then this game showed you a darker theme... and then... let's just say the fun and despair begins ^_^

Conquering Babel in Catherine

Everyone that have played this game could probably relate to this one... ^_^

FINAL FANTASY XIII: LIGHTNING RETURNS After Credits Scene

It is actually a short scene... but it made my jaw dropped... ;)

Getting Tekken Tag Tournament 2 MP trophies

probably the most shallow one in my list but still.. one of my most memorable gaming moment... as mentioned before... I do hate MP trophies... I just want to play my games alone... but at the same time I do love Tekken games... so somehow having a Christmas Miracle and getting most of them in 1 day is definitely a yay moment for me ^_^

This Announcement though...

*Forgive me Moony and JunePei for forgetting this one...*

Edited by JaM
  • Like 2

My answers Memories:

Bustin' a move with Persona 4: Dancing All Night

I have neglected P4G and now that i bought P4DAN, i was so excited to see all of the main characters back, and margaret :P

And it also made me meet Kanamin :awesome:

Entering the Despair-Land of Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc

This year, i've been introduced to the danganronpa series, and it was amazing. All of my memories with this game is memorable, whether i liked them or not :P

Taking on FFXIII and finally being OP

This moment made go all fist-bumping "Hell yeah!". :P

Finally did a game with MP trophies (Freedom Wars) ^_^

No real need to explain this, but i'm not good at online trophies  <_<

The ending of Resonance of Fate

I'm just happy it ended that way, will never forget it ^_^

Grindville: Disgaea 4 edition

Yeah, i finally had some courage and did a very, very ludicrous RNG-based grind ^_^

Edited by YaoiGod
  • Like 1

Catherine

DEM
FREAKING
BLOCKS!

When I climbed the shit out of them :awesome:

FF 0

Ending. Just that ending.

Japanese VLR

Being able to once again experience the game.

But everything pales in comparison to that one.

July 03

Anime Expo

Aksys

6 died

You guys know it, right? =D

The ZERO TIME DILEMMA ANNOUNCEMENT!

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 3

• Finally experiencing a portion of FFXV for the first time.

Bloodborne made me happy, angry, victorious all in the same time.

I played a game that I heavily relate to which is Life is Strange and my god it delivered.

I managed to complete more games this year than I did from 2009-2014 mainly because I discovered this community.

As a JRPG fan myself, this year was so satisfying, my thirst for that genre has been quenched. 

Edited by Xeliot
  • Like 1

But everything pales in comparison to that one.

July 03

Anime Expo

Aksys

6 died

You guys know it, right? =D

The ZERO TIME DILEMMA ANNOUNCEMENT!

waaah.. how could I ever forget to mention this one >_< forgive me Moony and Junepei

For me it's simply the moment I finally got myself a PS4 and loaded up Fallout 4 for the first time.

This ^ but with an actually decent game; Metal Gear Solid V.

PS4 hasn't really blown me away but I do appreciate its an improvement when it comes to user experience over the PS3.  Smoother transitions, the obvious higher performance of the console and the multiple communication features are really nice.  Sony definitely learned a lot from their past mistakes with the PS3.  I'm still underwhelmed by the library/selection of games compared to the PS3 around the same period (2, almost 3 years in).

Playing Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate for hours and hours and taking down the...

Shagaru Magala

...for the first time was a very exciting experience.  300+ hours in and there's still so much I haven't done, haven't even beaten each of the monsters at least once!

Participating in a major tournament of this years Capcom Pro Tour, even though I lost straight away it was very cool just being there, meeting all the awesome people and high level players that make a career out of it.  Even got to meet someone from the site, homeslice Zanzarro.

There's still so much more I've yet to experience from this year's offerings but I guess its too late, only a few hours left. I'll leave it for next year. :P

Here's to 2016 a year that already looks promising with its slew of new titles.  

• Like 2

Black Ops II: Getting :silver: Tower of Babble after joining a number of gaming sessions. Really proud of this one and currently hoping to get the Black Ops II platinum sometime in 2016.

Metal Gear Solid 2, 4, Peace Walker, and V: Getting the 100% and Platinum for these games was an awesome experience. The characters, the story, the gameplay from this series is something I won't forget.

Rainbow Six Siege: When I am the last person alive, the heart pounding action of this game makes for some intense moments.

Payday 2: Crimewave Edition: Doing every heist on Deathwish difficulty was a very fun challenge.

• Like 1

Definitely this. Just the whole "Games getting announced" scene was a total joy to watch in 2015. I'm pretty sure the E3 Sony Press Conference 2015, or the whole E3 for that matter, will go into history as one of the best ever. 

2015 truly was the year where dreams came true.

• Like 1

My #1 standout gaming moment of 2015 was finally achieving my great quest: earning the platinum for Skyrim. It was like earning my first platinum all over again; that feeling of euphoria and victory that you get when achieving the seemingly impossible. I never thought I would eadn it, and when I did, I literally leaped for joy!

• Like 1

Okay, I suppose I can forgive you now since you posted the video as well :P 

Definitely this. Just the whole "Games getting announced" scene was a total joy to watch in 2015. I'm pretty sure the E3 Sony Press Conference 2015, or the whole E3 for that matter, will go into history as one of the best ever. 

2015 truly was the year where dreams came true.

E3? Nah, if we're talking about conferences, TGS is just TGS =D

No particular order. I guess there were more than I would've thought. :/

My brother buying me a PS4 for my birthday.

Having a friendly race with a friend in Spec Ops: The Line's FUBAR mode. (I found the fact that I was racing to be more nerve racking than the hardest difficulty)

While going for the, seemingly impossible, platinum in Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 I asked for help from someone who also deemed it impossible...and we both walked away with the Platinum. 

Playing Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered with my dad. (more to come this year.)

Traversing Bitterblack Isle in Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen while on my way to level 200 so that my pawn could aid other players should they want.

Platting both Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories and Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix. 

Getting the platinum in Assassin's Creed Unity with my brother as my 50th overall and 1st on the ps4. (thanks to a certain member who helped me with the co op portion)

I asked a random online person if they needed help in One Piece Pirate Warriors because I also needed assistance. Turns out not only were they done but they had separate accounts that they used to help me get the last trophy necessary for the platinum. :D

• Like 2

In no particular order:

Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls

I played vanilla in 2013 and loved it. I bought RoS just for one more easy platinum. In the end, I enjoyed Act V more than Acts II, III and IV combined, lol. I'm not a fan of online, but I really enjoyed playing this. Plus, I got some new PSN friends in the process, so that's good.

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA f

My friend told me ''download the demo and try it''. Yeah right, **** that stupid kiddy JPOP garbage. OK, OK, I will downlaod it just for the lolz. And result? It became one of my favorite video games ever, got my platinum in less than 4 days because I couldn't turn it off. I still play it, at least 20 mins per day.

NIER 2 announcement

I cried. I'm serious.

Death of Satoru Iwata

:(

Edited by Jugoslav_Jelash
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...