The Real Causes Of Global Warming?

ExclusiveCoffee

Agriculture is one of the biggest contributors to global warming.

Really if we all gave a shit about animals and the earth we'd go vegan.

Tbh though, steak is too good and bacon is too tasty.

I'd go vegan actually in my country democratically decided that from this day fourth we're a vegan nation haha.

But there's no way I'm doing it on my own, that's the definition of not making a difference.  

So I guess you could say, Steak killed the human race and bacon destroyed the world.

Fallout 5, bacon apocalypse confirmed. 

Agriculture is one of the biggest contributors to global warming.

Really if we all gave a shit about animals and the earth we'd go vegan.

Tbh though, steak is too good and bacon is too tasty.

I'd go vegan actually in my country democratically decided that from this day fourth we're a vegan nation haha.

But there's no way I'm doing it on my own, that's the definition of not making a difference.

So I guess you could say, Steak killed the human race and bacon destroyed the world.

Fallout 5, bacon apocalypse confirmed.

Except that if the world went vegan, we'd all die way quicker. Cows release ~100 liters of methane daily. They pollute the world more than cars do. Unlike cars, we can get rid of the cows. If we stop eating meat like cows, we wouldn't last very long.

I think global warming is simply because we pollute the air. We have more cars on the road today than ever before. And it keeps growing every year. We have thousands of factories around the world, spewing gases into the air. We took away too much of the Earth's nature, and replaced it with man-made structures. Took advantage of the resources, without thinking ahead. Now it's finally catching up with us.

Edited by PREDRAG-K

An increasing population and increasing life span puts more strain on our planets resources; ie more people = more vehicles = more mouths to feed = more farming = more housing for everyone = more energy needed to supply these homes etc. It really is a vicious circle that isn't able to be broken, just reduced by lowering emissions, recycling more etc. This only works though if every body in every country falls into line and we all help. Unfortunately, this isn't about to happen because of some countries doing nothing to reduce emissions or help themselves when it comes to population increases. We've also got to realise that we aren't all going to die horrible deaths any time soon, possibly not for hundreds of thousands of years, probably for a lot longer than that. As a human race, we adapt and evolve to our environmental conditions, that isn't going to change, but we must do something now to help slow the "greenhouse effect". But this can't be some sort of exclusive club, everyone must and should participate. 

Killing all cows is not the answer!. 

I blame cows.

I think that's literally what the second post in this thread did...

An increasing population and increasing life span puts more strain on our planets resources; ie more people = more vehicles = more mouths to feed = more farming = more housing for everyone = more energy needed to supply these homes etc. It really is a vicious circle that isn't able to be broken, just reduced by lowering emissions, recycling more etc. This only works though if every body in every country falls into line and we all help. Unfortunately, this isn't about to happen because of some countries doing nothing to reduce emissions or help themselves when it comes to population increases. We've also got to realise that we aren't all going to die horrible deaths any time soon, possibly not for hundreds of thousands of years, probably for a lot longer than that. As a human race, we adapt and evolve to our environmental conditions, that isn't going to change, but we must do something now to help slow the "greenhouse effect". But this can't be some sort of exclusive club, everyone must and should participate. 

Killing all cows is not the answer!. 

Nah, Jeebus is coming soon. He's right around the corner.

On the subject of animal husbandry contributing to global warming, I was just interested in how many people would switch to cultivated meat products - i.e. meat grown in a lab from stem cells - when these become commercially viable and available?

I see a multitude of benefits:

• reduced greenhouse gas emmissions;
  • "sterile" meat, free from unwanted microbes;
  • meat that has not been treated with antibiotics, reducing the rate of "superbug" evolution;
  • meat that has not been "force-grown" with the aid of steroids or growth hormones;
  • agricultural land being freed up for development;
  • less deforestation as less land is required for grazing;

just off the top of my head. 

I think it's down to the fact that we are polluting the air, more and more factories are being built and more forests are being lost.  People are driving more than ever, not enough would want to move onto Hybrid cars (because they are quite expensive and the places to charge them are few in the good majority of places, I only have seen one charge point where I am from).

I can't say I would go vegan though if that ever was the case.. not everyone can do that, it's a huge diet change for people, people have done these week challenges where they go vegan and feel literally wrecked after and can't wait to return to their normal diets.  I don't think going vegan will help matters just down to the fact a lot won't exactly be into it or want to do it.  For it to work, you would basically have to have everyone on board.. which is a hell of a lot easier said than done.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...