What are you most excited for when Uncharted 4 releases?

I'm hoping that this would put the Uncharted Franchise to rest. At least until Naughty Dog gets to making some Jak and Daxter sequel/reboots.

Im looking for a great end to the franchise. Also they probably wont reboot or have a sequel for Jak and Dax anytime soon if not ever. They are going to be working on The Last Of Us 2

I'm excited about not being excited about the game. I tried liking the PS3 games but just couldn't.

Same here. They're just generic shooters with some platforming elements. Everything from the enemy design and AI (which is awful) as well as the level design just feels so bog standard that I'm amazed everyone acclaims them to the extent that they do. Yes, the dialogue is well written and well voiced but that isn't enough to save the game from the extreme tedium that sets in. The trophies being exactly the same across every game should tell you all you need to know about the variability of the franchise. People treat 2 as if it's the holy grail of last gen gaming (even those who hated 1) but it's exactly the same, barring a few fleeting on rails sections which are several orders of magnitude more fun than the rest of the game). 

I don't get the obsession at all and the series is symbolic of Naughty Dog going down the toilet in my opinion, what with their obsession with MATURE GAMING FOR MATURE GAMERS now. I mean hell, The Last of Us came about because they couldn't write a new Jak and Daxter game without being overly edgy and violent (which was probably for the best for the series in retrospect). They have no idea what to do with it and I honestly don't trust them anymore. As much of a glory hog as Andy Gavin and Jason Rubin were them leaving the company was the exact point that the quality of their games went downhill, but the worst thing is people seem to be acclaiming these games and deriding their previous work (Crash, Jak and Daxter).  

So yeah, not really excited about it at all, especially with all of the downgrades we've seen for it. 

• Like 1

I mean hell, The Last of Us came about because they couldn't write a new Jak and Daxter game without being overly edgy and violent (which was probably for the best for the series in retrospect). 

While i dont agree with you about what you're saying about Uncharted I have to say i was fairly dissapointed when hearing that a new Jak and Daxter was replaced by the last of us. I mean, dont get me wrong TLOU is great but i would have preferred a new Jak. Actually I like for jak to be more dark and violent. Probably why i didnt like the first very much.

• Like 1

It's not about the plot, it's about how Uncharted presents it. Uncharted has a generic plot, sure, but Naughty Dog presents it with such flair and finesse that only masters can produce that we become invested in the adventures of Drake and his friends. It's about the bonds of friendship they develop and the attachment we develop alongside them. That's what gets people so excited

Exactly. The Uncharted series (Naughty Dog in general, lately) is one of the few games where the characters and their relationships actually feel genuine. I'm excited to see how that will play out in this game, more specifically how Nate's brother coming back into his life will affect his relationship with Sully and Elena.

Parker 

• Like 1