PS VR set for oct. at $399.

Daniel_Shadow170

We all knew the PSVR was going to cost more than the console when it releases, this price isn't that bad. The best case for Sony is to lower the PS4 price to $299 and make a bundle for at least $600 with both the PS4 and PSVR together. 

what are you talking about, ps4 was $400 day one so psvr is $400 day one, they already said that they are treating psvr as a new consoles, ps4 was a new consoles and it was priced at 400 so ofc psvr is 400 too same price not more

• Like 1

It won't really surprise me at all if this bombs like everything else extra they attempt. Only time will tell of course.

after everything oculus, vive, you still think that VR will bomb, you are out of touch with gaming, VR is not a thing to bomb, is the future, and if it won't start with psvr it will start with someone else, but it is coming either way

what are you talking about, ps4 was $400 day one so psvr is $400 day one, they already said that they are treating psvr as a new consoles, ps4 was a new consoles and it was priced at 400 so ofc psvr is 400 too same price not more

I was talking about the current pricing of the PS4, not when it first released. 

Edited by FlareXV

after everything oculus, vive, you still think that VR will bomb, you are out of touch with gaming, VR is not a thing to bomb, is the future, and if it won't start with psvr it will start with someone else, but it is coming either way

Given I was only talking about PlayStation VR, and quite clearly only talking about it, I'm not sure why you feel the need to get all defensive and act/claim I'm saying a whole lot of something that I'm not even remotely implying but whatever makes you happy.

Given I was only talking about PlayStation VR, and quite clearly only talking about it, I'm not sure why you feel the need to get all defensive and act/claim I'm saying a whole lot of something that I'm not even remotely implying but whatever makes you happy.

PSVR is the best VR make no mistake, if you want to like cat photos in VR buy Oculus, if you want to answer phone calls in VR buy Vive, if you want to actually play games in VR without going to hospital every hour buy PSVR

Hope I'm wrong as VR could be an amazing advancement in gaming but unless Sony ship this out of the box with every playstation sold in the future its going to bomb.  Major development houses especially will never fully invest and embrace VR and it will likely become some kind of add on or hacked on additional feature to already existing non VR games.  A bit like 3D movies.  Maybe I'll be proven wrong ...

We all knew the PSVR was going to cost more than the console when it releases, this price isn't that bad. The best case for Sony is to lower the PS4 price to $299 and make a bundle for at least $600 with both the PS4 and PSVR together. 

Seems perfectly reasonable to me. Not sure if they are going to lower the PS4's price down another $50 this year, but certainly will have an affordable bundle.

• Like 1

At that price point they better have some badass Triple A games ready to go at launch or I imagine this will end up like the PlayStation Move.

Parker

You're kidding right?

HTC Vive was twice the price and sold like 15k units in 10 minutes. Obviously the PSVR is a lot more limited, since you're bound to the playstation environment but I can imagine that at this price, it'll sell like hotcakes.

Personally i'm loving the price. 

• Like 2

PSVR and PS4 together being cheaper then Vive and Oculus is very important.

The release date is clever, with Thanksgiving in America having families together and the power of example feeding through - something second in importance to price, and evidenced by the Wii's runaway success.

I'm going to be a first adopter of this, this technology is here to stay.  This is the first step towards Better Than Life (BTL) and I definitely want to be here at ground zero.

I just hope PSVR has more utility than just gaming - gaming isn't going to be the only pillar of VR success and if that is all PSVR offers they'll be destroyed by Oculus; when that inevitability comes out with FBVR.

Good price point and good release date.  I'm excited.

• Like 2

Considering Vive/Oculus require some pretty steep PC requirements, I'm wondering how fleshed out these experiences are going to be on the much weaker PS4 hardware. Any laptop with onboard video (regardless of separate cards) can't even start VR, much less run it poorly. This makes me think that Kaz's latest statements about smaller VR projects at first is not to test the market, but to not turn the PS4 into a pile of ashes. I simply don't see how it could possibly run AAA games at an acceptable resolution/frame rate with such outdated hardware.

I sincerely hope it succeeds. The price point actually makes me a little less worried. I prefer more costly, quality parts as opposed to gimmicky, cheap peripherals that looks like something from a toy catalog. Does it have some kind of on-board hardware acceleration that serves as a catalyst for the graphical intensity?

If it's going to be smaller experiences, then the $300 will be a waste. If the game will be VR but with the quality of a tech demo, or simply a PS2 game, then I'm no longer on board.

Yeah, no job simulator no buy from me. :P

lol that'll probably happen at some point. You'll even have a bunch of bosses stopping by and calling you to ask if you got the memo.

From what I'm reading it won't even work without the camera so add another $60 to the price.

Waits for the inevitable response.

Edited by BooneIronshield