Another disappointing month for PS3

Jay

Am I the only one who feels like PS3 owners are getting fucked over when it comes to PlayStation Plus? The console has a huge catalog of games yet the best they can offer us is more indies. Is the €60 price of admission really worth it anymore for PS3 only owners? With PS4, I can understand, but not PS3. Why Sony, why u do dis?

Edited by Jay
  • Like 1

You don't say . It's been like this for PS3 users since the PS4 hit the party so yea , they don't care anymore and inever subscribed to PS+ ever in my life and for now it's even less worth at least for myself as i'm a PS3 only user .

"It's been like this for PS3, PS Vita and PS4 users since the PS4 hit the party so yea ,"

Fixed that for you.

Edited by madbuk
  • Like 2

You don't say . It's been like this for PS3 users since the PS4 hit the party so yea , they don't care anymore and inever subscribed to PS+ ever in my life and for now it's even less worth at least for myself as i'm a PS3 only user .

Excactly :(

Since the PS4 came out i didn't touch any PS+ game for PS3 since then....only games i collected earlier...

F**k you PS4 :P

• Like 2

I Am Alive is a great game for PS3. But even if you feel like you're not getting great games on PS3, it makes sense, seeing as it's the old gen system and Sony should be focusing on the PS4.

Because the PS4 offerings are soooo much better...

:rolleyes:

Because the PS4 offerings are soooo much better...

:rolleyes:

Rocket League, Guacamelee!, Valiant Hearts, InFAMOUS: First Light, Never Alone, Transistor, CounterSpy, MGS5: GZ, Kings Quest and Flame Over. 

They all beat pretty much anything I've ever gotten from the PS3 / Vita selection.. with the exception of maybe Gravity Rush would get in between that mix.

• Like 1

Rocket League, Guacamelee!, Valiant Hearts, InFAMOUS: First Light, Never Alone, Transistor, CounterSpy, MGS5: GZ, Kings Quest and Flame Over. 

They all beat pretty much anything I've ever gotten from the PS3 / Vita selection.. with the exception of maybe Gravity Rush would get in between that mix.

Guacamelee was also offered on PS3, albeit without the DLC,

inFamous 2 was also offered on PS3 - a full game, not a piece of stand alone DLC.

MGS5: GZ was essentially a demo. It has no place on PS+, and neither did that pitiful excuse for a DriveClub demo.

King's Quest wasn't offered. The first episode was. HUGE difference. You still have to buy the rest. TellTale offer the first episode of their games for free regardless of whether you have PS+ or not, so to give the first episode of an episodic game to PS+ subs without the rest was a waste of space.

I don't think it's as bad as everyone seems to believe it is.  I mean this year so far we got Persona 4 AU, Grid 2, Helldivers and Dragon Age: Origins. I guess if you didn't like any of those games then maybe you have something to complain about.  But you can't make eveyone happy and if you really don't like what they're offering then don't renew your subscription.

Guacamelee was also offered on PS3, albeit without the DLC,

inFamous 2 was also offered on PS3 - a full game, not a piece of stand alone DLC.

MGS5: GZ was essentially a demo. It has no place on PS+, and neither did that pitiful excuse for a DriveClub demo.

King's Quest wasn't offered. The first episode was. HUGE difference. You still have to buy the rest. TellTale offer the first episode of their games for free regardless of whether you have PS+ or not, so to give the first episode of an episodic game to PS+ subs without the rest was a waste of space.

Guacamelee! PS4 has a new area, new mobs and a new boss in it, that were not in the PS3 version.

Didn't have plus when InFAMOUS 2 was on plus, not sure I'd have enjoyed a full length game, seeing as the story for First Light is horrible.

Ground Zeroes is more than a demo, sure it's not what Phantom Pain is. It's still more...

And finally, TellTale can afford to give their first episodes away for free, seeing as everyone buys their crap. Sierra Entertainment are basically unknowns. They've only started developing games again since 2014 after maybe 15 years since they last did one. They're not gonna grab the audience TellTale has just because they're episodic.

Am I the only one who feels like PS3 owners are getting fucked over when it comes to PlayStation Plus? The console has a huge catalog of games yet the best they can offer us is more indies. Is the €60 price of admission really worth it anymore for PS3 only owners? With PS4, I can understand, but not PS3. Why Sony, why u do dis?

I don't think $60 for 24 games just for the PS3 seems like all *that* bad a deal when you get automatic updates and online storage included.

PS4 is winning over PS3. PS3 games are now coming out either if it's Sport or maybe 5 in a month. (Like, FIFA Euro 2016) it's coming out somewhere in June or July. PS Vita is like a mini PS4, that's why some of its games are tagged PS4-PSVita.

PS3 still rocks, that's why it has most owners in PSN. (But not for long any time soon)

I'll always love PS3 anyways. Long-Live PlayStation Network 

#TrophyHunters

Guacamelee! PS4 has a new area, new mobs and a new boss in it, that were not in the PS3 version.

Didn't have plus when InFAMOUS 2 was on plus, not sure I'd have enjoyed a full length game, seeing as the story for First Light is horrible.

Ground Zeroes is more than a demo, sure it's not what Phantom Pain is. It's still more...

And finally, TellTale can afford to give their first episodes away for free, seeing as everyone buys their crap. Sierra Entertainment are basically unknowns. They've only started developing games again since 2014 after maybe 15 years since they last did one. They're not gonna grab the audience TellTale has just because they're episodic.

inFAMOUS: First Light is a lot shorter than Second Son, inFAMOUS or inFAMOUS 2. Honestly it's more like a big expansion pack that was forcibly packaged to be sold as a smaller game. It's basically a mini-prequel that went into the backstory of Fetch, as the game presumes you played Second Son first. I do recommend you check out inFAMOUS 2, that game is fleshed out, has a good story and improves a lot over the first game. You should probably play the first game too, if you haven't already, it'll help you get a general feel for the series, provided you can put up with the older graphics. I still really like the game, and I felt it was one of the best PS3 games alongside its superior sequel. Oh but you can totally skip Festival of Blood. The game is even shorter than First Light and has less variety and really does feel like some DLC sold as its own game.

PS3 doesn't need PS+ so why complain?.. If you don't like it, let Sony know by denying them money and canceling. Unless you paid for a year or something, but hey, thems the break in that case.

While I enjoy PS plus in general for discounts, games on plus etc. I hate that it's needed at all on PS4 just to play online. For PS3 owners, I don't see Plus as a necessity, they should skip plus and only pick it up if they get a PS4.

I am with you. I think they will stop giving games for PS3 after 2016. Also, PS Plus is great for only the people who have all 3 platforms because you get 72 games in a year. I am sure there will be several (or lots of) games you will like a lot if you have all 3 platforms. Otherwise, it is not worth now to have a subscription for PS3 users

• Like 2